OtherGround Forums Supergirl's race changed to Hispanic in new film

9 days ago
12/21/13

Another white comic book character's race being changed to satisfy the never ending minority fetish these regressives have.

One of these things is not like the other.

The agenda driven director Andy Muschietti cast Sasha Calle as Supergirl in The Flash. Why cast Supergirl in a film where she has no history whatsoever to the main character is beyond stupid.

Andy Muschietti -

“I saw more than four hundred auditions. The US, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia."  

Muschietti blatantly picked 4 Hispanic speaking countries because he wanted to achive his leftist agenda rather than do the character justice. 

Article writer -

"Muschietti has a keen eye for casting new talent"

What a fucking lie! Sasha Calle has been on the daytime soap opera "The Young and the Restless" for over 2 years! "new talent" my ass.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-flash-sasha-calle-supergirl-ezra-miller-superhero-film

9 days ago
3/20/15

Superchica.....

9 days ago
9/26/10

Nooooooooooo. Wtf . She should be white like the comics in the 60’s

9 days ago
4/27/15

SúperPuta

Edited: 9 days ago
1/1/01

She's from Argo City on the planet Krypton so I'm not sure how that makes her 'Hispanic'.

But, on the other hand, she IS an illegal alien.
9 days ago
7/27/04
shen -
She's from Argo City on the planet Krypton so I'm not sure how that makes her 'Hispanic'.

But, on the other hand, she IS an illegal alien.

Hahahah

9 days ago
7/31/09

God forbid people just create comic book characters that are of color. Isn't spawn one of the most popular comic book characters ever? 

12/26/05

Eh. Doesnt matter.

The woke crowd has taken over both the two major comic book venues, half the other fantasy venues via purchase, and all have been supra-corportized, modeled, over-tested,PR'd, etc

They are good stories the way cheese wiz is good cheese.  Soulless, canned, artificial, flavorless, gross.

I kind of hoped the Mandalorian was a shift in how these types of products would be handled...but I was clearly wrong on that.

Time to find new content...all the old IPs have been raped to death.  

Let them die.  I wont be watching anymore.

9 days ago
11/5/13

The worst was in the new terminator.  They tried to reboot the series with a 5'0 Mexican girl as the new John Connor.

9 days ago
11/30/07

First they came for the Ginger characters.. now they are going for the blondes. 

9 days ago
10/31/19

Shes going to fly in and ask " Wassapening ay? Whatcha ap tu?" 

9 days ago
6/3/11

He visited all the right Places for the travelling casting coach

9 days ago
4/18/01

The only important thing is that she's hot

1/1/01
CavemanDave - 

Eh. Doesnt matter.

The woke crowd has taken over both the two major comic book venues, half the other fantasy venues via purchase, and all have been supra-corportized, modeled, over-tested,PR'd, etc

They are good stories the way cheese wiz is good cheese.  Soulless, canned, artificial, flavorless, gross.

I kind of hoped the Mandalorian was a shift in how these types of products would be handled...but I was clearly wrong on that.

...and it's working out so well for them!

9 days ago
10/11/05

So can anybody subscribe to the "A Colored Stole Another Job" prayer chain, or did you need certified credentials?

9 days ago
5/22/02
And this is why I hardly ever pay to see movies anymore.
9 days ago
6/22/12

I don't care, shes an alien, not a human

9 days ago
7/31/09
BarkLikeADog -

So can anybody subscribe to the "A Colored Stole Another Job" prayer chain, or did you need certified credentials?

Maybe just create "colored" characters. Do we really need to swap races or even genders?  I really don't see the point of making an existing character a different race, gender, or making them gay. Maybe it's just me and my white privilege but I think I'd be much more empowered by the creation of a while new character based on "my" race than just swapping in a new race or whatever for a limited time. 

9 days ago
11/28/08

She is an alien.

9 days ago
2/4/03

Half fetish, half targeting the growing population.  It only accelerates from here.

9 days ago
12/13/04
I thought hispanics were white.
9 days ago
10/15/13
tourist - I thought hispanics were white.

In a case like this. no,. she is definitley Hispanic (sooo different than simply being a white)

Now, in a case of a Hispanic killing a black guy, oh shit yeah...he be white.

9 days ago
8/11/12
Doc_Watson -

The worst was in the new terminator.  They tried to reboot the series with a 5'0 Mexican girl as the new John Connor.

Yeah that one was by far the worst and most unbelievable. No one and I mean absolutely no one is following that girl, her stank attitude and that mean mugging face all these girl power heros do has really gotten annoying. 

9 days ago
3/13/17
tourist - I thought hispanics were white.

Hispanics can be any color. Argentinians are white. Colombians can be black. Peruvians brown. And every color in between in every country pretty much.

Chick in the OP would be considered “white” Hispanic by most latinos. Or more perhaps, “trigueña”.

but because she’s not super pale and blond, the OG is upset.

not surprised. Most of the OG have no life, so this type of thing outrages them. Outrage makes them feel alive.

LOL @ you idiots getting mad over the ethnicity of a superhero character.

Cant wait till they make a black Wolverine and you idiots implode over it.

9 days ago
1/1/01
Squatdog - 
CavemanDave - 

Eh. Doesnt matter.

...and it's working out so well for them!

A couple comments:
the "woke" new warriors title that is mentioned in the first video has not been soliticited. rumors are that the title was announced and then cancelled without a single issue being published (most likely due to the immense criticism of the title).

the x-men title mentioned in the second video is starting next month, iirc. you'll notice that those characters are not mentioned very much in the video (something like 10-15 seconds and a couple images). the reason for that is because there is no indication from the first issue solicitations that the x-men title is going to be "woke". (My own perspective of the first issue solicitation is that these kids will be viewed as a nuisance group of "fanboys/larpers") 

the point is Marvel may or may not be "woke" depending on what you feel "woke" means (although i will say that there's no question Marvel's creators are mostly left leaning), but those two videos are not good examples of that, imo.