OtherGround Forums Sweet Revenge, Co-Worker Stealing

8 days ago
11/23/07
Region Rat - 

Nancy Kerrigan his knee cap

Can I at least hire someone to do it? 

8 days ago
2/19/14

This guy I used to work with had his lunch stolen out of break room fridge multiple times a week.

He announced to everyone one morning in roll call that whoever stole his lunch yesterday ate a shit sandwich, and he hoped they enjoyed it.

His lunches still came up missing.

8 days ago
4/11/14
Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned but... put laxatives in one of your drinks and reseal it with:

https://images.app.goo.gl/DgqFxYwrgsNT9iaW6

I think you mentioned "cans" but, switch to bottles just for this experiment.

Profit.
8 days ago
5/14/08
Breezah - 
King Trav - 

Why wouldn’t you just call him out and if it continues after that take it to management?  

Why would you waste your time taking revenge out on a coworker?  Don’t you have better things to do?

Again, office politics. There's too may other important things at play.

Can you explain this? I dont understand when people say office politics because thankfully I have never had to deal with it. Why would he be able to help himself to your things and you cant talk to him about it or go over his head?

8 days ago
1/1/01
threads
Edited: 8 days ago
3/19/04
OP, do you have an office? You could get your own little bar fridge, keep it in your office, and keep all your food and drink in there. AND THEN, and this is the best part, every time you go to his office to talk to him ALWAYS bring one of your drinks with you that he USED to steal. If he comes to your office to talk to you, always nonchalantly reach for your drink and take a sip while listening attentively, etc.

See if you can't find a fridge that has a lock on it, but don't lock it. Hopefully he takes a drink from your new personal fridge because he would definitely be please with himself if he did. That's when you put the lock on it. Check mate. And you both know it, but it's unspoken.
8 days ago
11/9/18
Breezah -
BathSaltFaceFeeder - 

HR/thread

What kind of vagina would whine to HR about this? 

Maybe I can also burst into tears, and tell apologize for being on my period. 

same type that would whine to OG about this?

8 days ago
11/23/07
Submissable - 
Breezah - 
King Trav - 

Why wouldn’t you just call him out and if it continues after that take it to management?  

Why would you waste your time taking revenge out on a coworker?  Don’t you have better things to do?

Can you explain this? I dont understand when people say office politics because thankfully I have never had to deal with it. Why would he be able to help himself to your things and you cant talk to him about it or go over his head?

Since my assist bore witness, I would be incriminating her, which could lead to retaliation.

Furthermore, if you're trying to start a behind-the-scenes revolution, is it really smart to show your hand? 

Sure, a straightforward way to handle it is to simply let him know he's taking things that don't belong to him, but there are way more important and deeper issues at play. 

Bottom line: I don't really care about the stupid drinks, I care about people with the mentality that it's ok to rob, steal, cheat, bamboozle, etc.

8 days ago
11/23/07
tiny pecker - Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned but... put laxatives in one of your drinks and reseal it with:

https://images.app.goo.gl/DgqFxYwrgsNT9iaW6

I think you mentioned "cans" but, switch to bottles just for this experiment.

Profit.

this could work...

8 days ago
11/24/08

What you need is some Jamalgota

Grind it to a fine powder and lace food or even the mouth of the drink with it.

It is tasteless and odorless.

It burns on the way down and half a bean will make a horse shit his lungs out.

Very little is needed for him to spend a day on the shitter. 

Lets see how he deals with a week of shitting himself every day.

8 days ago
11/24/08

I guess a quick fix is to shake the living fuck out of a can of pop. Once he opens it, he will have a nice mess to deal with. 

8 days ago
1/1/01

Confront the guy and tell him to stop taking your shit

8 days ago
5/14/08
Breezah - 
Submissable - 
Breezah - 
King Trav - 

Since my assist bore witness, I would be incriminating her, which could lead to retaliation.

Furthermore, if you're trying to start a behind-the-scenes revolution, is it really smart to show your hand? 

Sure, a straightforward way to handle it is to simply let him know he's taking things that don't belong to him, but there are way more important and deeper issues at play. 

Bottom line: I don't really care about the stupid drinks, I care about people with the mentality that it's ok to rob, steal, cheat, bamboozle, etc.

Thanks. But Im still at a loss for understanding. Retaliation? Behind-the-scenes revolution? More important and deeper issues at play? If this was my company I would be pissed any of this was going on. But since I still dont get why you cant handle this in an adult like way, I will sit back and enjoy whatever you do to fuck with him. Not trying to be a dick.

8 days ago
11/23/07
Canooke - OP, do you have an office? You could get your own little bar fridge, keep it in your office, and keep all your food and drink in there. AND THEN, and this is the best part, every time you go to his office to talk to him ALWAYS bring one of your drinks with you that he USED to steal. If he comes to your office to talk to you, always nonchalantly reach for your drink and take a sip while listening attentively, etc.

See if you can't find a fridge that has a lock on it, but don't lock it. Hopefully he takes a drink from your new personal fridge because he would definitely be please with himself if he did. That's when you put the lock on it. Check mate. And you both know it, but it's unspoken.

What if I put the mini fridge in my office, but hang a picture of him in it, so if he opens it, there he is. I could caption it "wanted dead or alive for stealing coke zero"

Or, I was thinking of making can labels with a picture of him printed on them, and when he grabs one, he wonders why he's pictured on my drinks. I could even do a missing children's label to really confuse him.

Or, what if I shake them violently, so that when he opens one, it explodes in his face? 

8 days ago
11/23/07
MM8 - 
Breezah -
BathSaltFaceFeeder - 

HR/thread

What kind of vagina would whine to HR about this? 

Maybe I can also burst into tears, and tell apologize for being on my period. 

same type that would whine to OG about this?

I'm not whining, I'm collaborating.

8 days ago
8/12/09
Breezah - 
jake11 - 

Not for nothing but why do you feel the need to put a whole case of drinks in a shared fridge?  

Why not just confront dude and tell him not to touch your shit anymore?  

The way the office is set up, there's a large kitchen everyone uses, but there also a small kitchenette that's sole purpose is to service our conference room. 

So, only my assistant and I use it, because we're closed off from the rest of the office. 

And I've proven that even if I throw the case away, and write in crayon that it's not for public consumption by stashing it in a drawer in a bag, he still has the audacity to put his grubby phalanges on it. 

I cannot confront this guy. Office politics. The only way to combat this, is through passive aggression and humor. 

Food won't work for me, because I don't keep food in there. 

It has to be a canned drink. That's what makes it so difficult. 

have you actually asked this person, face to face, not to touch your stuff?

there is no way that you aren't allowed to do that in a polite manner, with a witness there.
8 days ago
11/9/05
Submissable -
Breezah - 
Submissable - 
Breezah - 
King Trav - 

Thanks. But Im still at a loss for understanding. Retaliation? Behind-the-scenes revolution? More important and deeper issues at play? If this was my company I would be pissed any of this was going on. But since I still dont get why you cant handle this in an adult like way, I will sit back and enjoy whatever you do to fuck with him. Not trying to be a dick.

Basically, she wants the thief to experience tangible consequences for his actions, which will in turn send a message and set the tone for what kind of behavior will be accepted in the office.

And yes, it’s silly.

8 days ago
11/23/07
KyokushinandBJJ - 

What you need is some Jamalgota

Grind it to a fine powder and lace food or even the mouth of the drink with it.

It is tasteless and odorless.

It burns on the way down and half a bean will make a horse shit his lungs out.

Very little is needed for him to spend a day on the shitter. 

Lets see how he deals with a week of shitting himself every day.

Oh, man. Now that you say that, someone told me yesterday he spent the entire day vomiting in the restroom. I wonder if someone has already laced their food for the same reason I'm considering it!

8 days ago
11/23/07
kungfugrip - 

Confront the guy and tell him to stop taking your shit

Viable option that takes all the fun out of the situation.

On a side note, has anyone tried those new diet cokes? Mango, Strawberry Guava, Acai Berry, etc? You should.

8 days ago
11/23/07
Submissable - 
Breezah - 
Submissable - 
Breezah - 
King Trav - 

All good. It's obvious you've never had a job.

8 days ago
11/23/07
itskrisdude - 
Submissable -
Breezah - 
Submissable - 
Breezah - 
King Trav - 

Basically, she wants the thief to experience tangible consequences for his actions, which will in turn send a message and set the tone for what kind of behavior will be accepted in the office.

And yes, it’s silly.

Schadenfreude.

8 days ago
6/30/07

Have you tried fucking his father?

8 days ago
5/14/08
Breezah - 
Submissable - 
Breezah - 
Submissable - 
Breezah - 
King Trav - 

All good. It's obvious you've never had a job.

Ok

8 days ago
1/1/01
jake11 -

Not for nothing but why do you feel the need to put a whole case of drinks in a shared fridge?  

Why not just confront dude and tell him not to touch your shit anymore?  

This. Leave the case at your desk, and put two in the fridge. Whenever you want one, take one from your desk, and use it to replace to cold one you take from the fridge. 

Also, you want to give someone the bad AIDS b/c he took one of your sodas? Seems unreasonable to me

8 days ago
9/17/15

Super time consuming, but wrap the first row of drinks of a case in mountains of duct tape or something that is too much effort to bother stealing anymore. For the rest of the drinks, make cardboard sleeves that fit nicely over the cans. Cover the cardboard sleeves with duct tape. They'll all look the same. Or just shake the fuck out of the first row