OtherGround Forums Taking Wife to see Oncologist tomorrow for results

10 days ago
8/20/03

...of the CT scan a few weeks ago.

I'm hoping for good results and that the chemo is still shrinking the tumour and we go a few more months of continued chemo so she doesn't have to do sugury to remove it just yet.

That means when they remove it they won't have to take as much of the surroundng area because the tumour will be smaller.

Also it means not having to have surgery right now in a hospital if we can avoid it for a bit.

So if you have any goodwill or positivity I would love if you could think it.

Thanks!

10 days ago
8/1/13

Prayers to you guys...why the hell does it take 2 weeks to get the results, I get mine back the next day.

10 days ago
8/20/03
camicom - 

Prayers to you guys...why the hell does it take 2 weeks to get the results, I get mine back the next day.

The results have been in for a bit.

We would have had the CT scan this week and then see the Doc a few days later but a spot opened up in another hospital for an earlier scan and we took it.

Simply because it was a smaller hospital with less people etc and we felt it was a safer option.

We're looking to squish that tumour a little smaller again this time, Cami, so thanks for the prayers!
10 days ago
12/1/03
Sending you strength, brother.

Here's to positive results.
10 days ago
7/29/13
Captain Canuck -
camicom - 

We would have had the CT scan this week and then see the Doc a few days later but a spot opened up in another hospital for an earlier scan and we took it.

Simply because it was a smaller hospital with less people etc and we felt it was a safer option.

We're looking to squish that tumour a little smaller again this time, Cami, so thanks for the prayers!

Maybe it's a good sign they took so long. If it was bad news they would have made it more of a priority to get you in there faster. I have no clue though. Just wishful thinking. 

10 days ago
8/20/03
ThePigpen - Sending you strength, brother.

Here's to positive results.

Thanks.

I could use some extra OG strength to get this done!
10 days ago
4/6/19

best wishes Captain 

10 days ago
3/23/07

Hoping for the best results for her.

I also don’t understand why if the scan was taken a few weeks ago you’re only getting the results tomorrow.

10 days ago
12/17/06

Best of luck dude.

10 days ago
1/1/01

If he gives you bad news, I'll fight the Doc and I won't cut weight. 

10 days ago
8/20/03
MojoSoDope - 
Captain Canuck -
camicom - 

Maybe it's a good sign they took so long. If it was bad news they would have made it more of a priority to get you in there faster. I have no clue though. Just wishful thinking. 

Well, we just got a CT scan early and there is no point in making a new appt for the results.

But in my head, I tell myself it's just going to be showing that the chemo is skill killing the tumour and we just had 2 more weeks of kicking it's @$$ until they told us.
10 days ago
8/20/03
Wayne Glamcock - 

best wishes Captain 

Thanks!
10 days ago
9/24/07

Good luck, and calm seas, Cap'n. We're all hoping for nothing but the very best news. 

10 days ago
3/21/09
Good luck, sending positive vibes.
10 days ago
8/20/03
saglv - 

Hoping for the best results for her.

I also don’t understand why if the scan was taken a few weeks ago you’re only getting the results tomorrow.

We already had the appt booked for tomorrow so there was no need to re-book an appt when we just got an earlier scan.

They always have a doc explain the results to you.

We've been at this for a year so it's not like we don't know the doc or know what the game plan is.

I just love hearing that f*cking tumour is getting it's @$$ kicked!
10 days ago
8/20/03
Altofsky - 

Best of luck dude.

Thanks!
10 days ago
2/12/14

Praying for good news for you and your wife!

10 days ago
8/20/03
DaveFu - 

If he gives you bad news, I'll fight the Doc and I won't cut weight. 

Ha!

Well, it won't be bad.

I am mentally preparing for the news to be good.

I am sending my positive mental attitude out into the world to influence the outcomes!

But if I see a sexy nurse I'll make sure to give her DaveFu's phone number!
10 days ago
8/20/03
b.d. - 

Good luck, and calm seas, Cap'n. We're all hoping for nothing but the very best news. 

Smooth seas never made for skilled sailors...and I've captained this ship before.

I'm an OGer and we might be the biggest retards on the planet but we get sh*t done.
10 days ago
8/20/03
BigRyana - Good luck, sending positive vibes.

THanks!
10 days ago
8/20/03
Beluthunter - 

Praying for good news for you and your wife!

Will take any and all prayers we can get!

10 days ago
1/1/01

It will be fine, don't worry!

10 days ago
5/23/07

10 days ago
10/16/10
Best of luck bro. You both deserve it.
10 days ago
11/18/14
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

ha jesus! I was investigating posting the same pic!

says it all. *bows respectfully*