OtherGround Forums Teens shoot photographer 9 times

7 days ago
6/30/03
Three teens have been arrested in Phoenix for allegedly shooting a photographer 9 times earlier this month after asking him to take their photo, and it was the photos the victim took that led police straight to the suspects.

ABC15 reports that the unnamed 33-year-old victim had visited Encanto Park with his camera and tripod at around 9 p.m. on Thursday, September 12th. He had decided to shoot photos in the park after noticing that it has a lake.

The three teens then approached the man and asked him to take their photo. After initially stating that he charges $20 for photos, the photographer agreed to shoot a portrait for free.

But after shooting the portraits, and while livestreaming his evening on Facebook Live, the photographer heard the teens use a racial slur when speaking to him.

“My man, you can’t say the N-word,” the photographer responded. “You’re not black.”

When the teens continued to use the slur, the photographer again asked them to stop, and that’s when two of the suspects pulled out guns and shot the victim 9 times.

The whole attack was captured on the photographer’s livestream and later broadcast on the news as well (warning: it’s tough to watch):

Although the photographer suffered critical injuries, he was still able to phone 911 himself, and he’s expected to make a full recovery.

The suspects apparently didn’t remember that he had taken clear photos containing their faces, and they left him in the park with his camera and memory card untouched. Investigators say those photos helped police quickly track down the three teens, two of whom still had handguns with them at the time of the arrest.

“I’m here because of the blessing of God,” the photographer tells ABC15. “I’m here because I have a purpose on earth.

“I would just ask them why? Why they did it? I was nothing but nice to them.”

Source: https://petapixel.com/2019/10/07/teens-shoot-photographer-nine-times-in-park-after-asking-for-photo/
7 days ago
6/30/03
mods, please move to OG
7 days ago
6/14/12

Wtf

Also

Wfa

7 days ago
10/30/14

I wonder if they’ll still be dropping the N word in prison. 

They sound stupid so probably. 

7 days ago
4/20/08

Now it's all about Versace, you copied my style
Nine shots couldn't drop me, I took it and smiled
Now I'm back to set the record straight
With my AK, I'm still the thug that you love to hate
Motherfucker, I hit 'em up!

7 days ago
10/26/05

What weight class? 

7 days ago
5/30/10

Build the Wall! Fuckin scum!

7 days ago
1/1/01
WFA!!

Also, where's the video? Says theres a video, so it has to be out there somewhere
7 days ago
1/1/01
I found it

https://youtu.be/LxsyPEbRfZQ
7 days ago
5/30/10

...and WTF does it take to kill a man.!?

7 days ago
2/19/06
uniquetechnique - I found it

7 days ago
1/1/01

Aggravated assault?!?  He was shot 9 times and some of them came after he fell. What the fuck??

7 days ago
5/15/07
That sounded like a tiny round like slightly bigger than a .22. Maybe a .25 saturday night special.
Edited: 7 days ago
2/2/08
I do not support the death penalty.

Solitary confinement is sweeter.

<br /><br />Send those idiot kids to the hole.
7 days ago
12/23/08

7 days ago
9/23/07
So he goes to take photos of latino gangsters in a park, then chides them for saying "nigger" then gets shot?

Sounds like everyone involved is a dumbass.
Edited: 7 days ago
12/7/18
Samoa -

Aggravated assault?!?  He was shot 9 times and some of them came after he fell. What the fuck??

In a court of law, who is the aggressor matters, and intent is basically everything. Which is the same reason a murderer wont get the max sentence (or even a lighter sentence) if it is proven to be a "crime of passion" where he lost his mind or was not in the right state of mind. 

The prosecutors likely watched the entire livestream. And In all honesty, they probably found the photographer to be the aggressor. Without him hassling the kids about what words they could and could not use, none of this wouldve happened. You can even see that the photographer starts the confrontation, "what did I tell you about using that word." Of course I'm not excusing or justifying them shooting him for that. But I'm just explaining to you the legal process of what would lead to lighter sentences here. There was never any proof that the kids had any intention to shoot him. They didn't pick the fight with him. Prosecutors take everything into account. The fact that he lived and is expected to fully recover, basically helped those kids out tremendously too. I see a confrontational douche who didnt deserve to be shot but who still couldve easily avoided the situation. The kids shot in a heat of the moment  spur of the thing. They didnt take any of his belongings. Again I'm not justifying the shooting but just explaining to you why they got the sentencing they did. If he wouldve died the kids would've been much much worse off though. 

7 days ago
1/11/06
Again, something told me these were not white people. See a trend anyone?
7 days ago
5/30/10

Public beheading please

7 days ago
12/7/18
hankhill - Again, something told me these were not white people. See a trend anyone?

That black people think no one can use the N word, even though black people use the word themselves. lesson of the story: dont try to "police" people like if you are some all mighty liberal blm/sjw. You are only putting yourself in dangerous situations that can easily be avoided. He coulsve easily walked away from them. He was no authority to tell them what words they could and could not use. Unfortunately they shot as a response so they will deal with the law, but take heed of the lesson of the story. And if you ever see anyone doing drugs or anything illegal in public, simply call the cops 

7 days ago
2/20/09
Hocky -

Sweet Christ that’s awesome, hahaha!

7 days ago
1/29/14
ConorWinsTheRematch -
hankhill - Again, something told me these were not white people. See a trend anyone?

That black people think no one can use the N word, even though black people use the word themselves. lesson of the story: dont try to "police" people like if you are some all mighty liberal blm/sjw. You are only putting yourself in dangerous situations that can easily be avoided. He coulsve easily walked away from them. He was no authority to tell them what words they could and could not use. Unfortunately they shot as a response so they will deal with the law, but take heed of the lesson of the story. And if you ever see anyone doing drugs or anything illegal in public, simply call the cops 

Yes, go hide in your Buick and call the police. 

7 days ago
1/5/11
forumnewb - I do not support the death penalty.

Why do you not support death penalty? Seems perfect here.

Speaking for myself, that's another 3 shitheads (on top of the pile) that I'm going to be paying for with my taxes. Nah, I don't want to pick up that tab.

And I don't want to hear about how expensive death penalty is. If the process was streamlined, it could be a whole lot cheaper. It's a good conversation to have in this day and age.

7 days ago
7/15/17
stevezur -
uniquetechnique - I found it

most people that did or haven't lived in the southwest, probably don't know..  but If you see a dumb ass dude with those types of haircuts ... there's a good chance that they're trouble ...

7 days ago
4/27/08
choadler - 
forumnewb - I do not support the death penalty.

Why do you not support death penalty? Seems perfect here.

Speaking for myself, that's another 3 shitheads (on top of the pile) that I'm going to be paying for with my taxes. Nah, I don't want to pick up that tab.

And I don't want to hear about how expensive death penalty is. If the process was streamlined, it could be a whole lot cheaper. It's a good conversation to have in this day and age.

I don't support state sanctioned murder no matter what the crime.