OtherGround Forums The Bravery Of Jonathan Isaac(NBA)!

Edited: 6 days ago
8/1/13

Kudos to this kid for havin the guts to stand against the racial derisiveness and bigotry of the NBA. Not only standing for the NA but refusing to wear a BLM shirt.

Jonathan Isaac, a forward on the Orlando Magic, stood for the national anthem and did not wear a Black Lives Matter t-shirt for today’s game against the Brooklyn Nets. He was the first NBA player in the bubble to do so. After the game, he was asked about that and answered:

“Absolutely [I believe] that Black lives matter,” Isaac said. “A lot went into my decision and part of it is my thought that kneeling or wearing a black lives matter t-shirt don’t go hand in hand with supporting black lives.”

“My life has been supported by the gospel of Jesus Christ,” Isaac continued. “Everyone is made in the image of God and we all share in His glory. Each and everyone of us each and every day do things we shouldn’t do. We say things we shouldn’t say. We hate and dislike people that we shouldn’t hate and dislike. And sometimes it gets to the point where we point fingers about whose evil is worse, and sometimes it comes down to simply whose evil is most visible. I felt like I wanted just take a stand on — I felt like we all make mistakes but I think the gospel of Jesus Christ is that there’s grace for us. And that Jesus came and died for our sins. And that we all will come to an understanding of that and that God wants to have a relationship with us.”

6 days ago
3/24/02

Good for all of them.  Standing/kneeling for their beliefs.

6 days ago
1/13/04
Renoslovakia - 

And guys kneeling - what beliefs are they doing it for?? They are marketing themselves ala Colon Kaep..

6 days ago
11/29/11
Renoslovakia -

There is a big difference between standing and kneeling right now  

6 days ago
11/15/04

Add the Steelers player, I think Tuitt or Truitt, to that list. 

6 days ago
5/3/01
2breath2feel - 
Renoslovakia -

There is a big difference between standing and kneeling right now  

the messages are different, but my respect for their rights to express their political opinions is very much the same.

6 days ago
6/9/09

shame on everyone but Isaac.

a real man not coerced by media pressure.

6 days ago
9/5/11
Graduate1 -
Renoslovakia - 

And guys kneeling - what beliefs are they doing it for?? They are marketing themselves ala Colon Kaep..

It’s America. It’s called freedom. 

You’re free to join the herd and you’re free to be an individual. 

6 days ago
1/12/07

I would pat that man on the head if I had a ladder.

6 days ago
10/31/10

Still won’t watch NBA

6 days ago
3/24/02
SpunQ -

So you're under 5'4".  Makes sense.

6 days ago
7/10/02
SpunQ - 

Ha ha

Or you use a stool to give him a hug. You know, not to feel like a little girl.

Crazy that such a simple act is indeed a brave one these days!

6 days ago
2/20/09
Sprawl'n'Stall -
SpunQ - 

Ha ha

Or you use a stool to give him a hug. You know, not to feel like a little girl.

Crazy that such a simple act is indeed a brave one these days!

Sad indeed but in this climate of “cancel culture” it IS brave to buck convention.

6 days ago
5/18/11

Modern day Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who refused to bow down to a false god the king of Babylon created.

6 days ago
5/18/11
LiveWire -

Add the Steelers player, I think Tuitt or Truitt, to that list. 

Would guess Alejandro Villanueva a bronze star recipiant won't kneel either, he's the only one who came out for the anthem when the rest of the team cowered in the tunnel.  

6 days ago
1/1/01
Just think, it wasn’t that long ago when the left wing idiots were losing there mind over Tim Tebow kneeling at football games. I have said before that liberals no longer even try to hide their blatant hypocrisy.
6 days ago
1/18/12

Finally

An NBA Jersey i can cop.

Hope son puts up 30 a night now

6 days ago
3/24/02
Jed - Just think, it wasn’t that long ago when the left wing idiots were losing there mind over Tim Tebow kneeling at football games. I have said before that liberals no longer even try to hide their blatant hypocrisy.

And just think, it wasn't long after that when right wing idiots lost their mind over black people kneeling

6 days ago
1/1/01
camicom -

Kudos to this kid for havin the guts to stand against the racial derisiveness and bigotry of the NBA. Not only standing for the NA but refusing to wear a BLM shirt.

Jonathan Isaac, a forward on the Orlando Magic, stood for the national anthem and did not wear a Black Lives Matter t-shirt for today’s game against the Brooklyn Nets. He was the first NBA player in the bubble to do so. After the game, he was asked about that and answered:

“Absolutely [I believe] that Black lives matter,” Isaac said. “A lot went into my decision and part of it is my thought that kneeling or wearing a black lives matter t-shirt don’t go hand in hand with supporting black lives.”

“My life has been supported by the gospel of Jesus Christ,” Isaac continued. “Everyone is made in the image of God and we all share in His glory. Each and everyone of us each and every day do things we shouldn’t do. We say things we shouldn’t say. We hate and dislike people that we shouldn’t hate and dislike. And sometimes it gets to the point where we point fingers about whose evil is worse, and sometimes it comes down to simply whose evil is most visible. I felt like I wanted just take a stand on — I felt like we all make mistakes but I think the gospel of Jesus Christ is that there’s grace for us. And that Jesus came and died for our sins. And that we all will come to an understanding of that and that God wants to have a relationship with us.”

Jonathan Isaac is a man who knows the party behind BLM is the party behind the murder of 22,000,000 black unborn babies since the founding of Planned Parenthood.

6 days ago
1/1/01
I would say the situations are a little bit different Renoslovakia.
6 days ago
11/10/18

Good for him. Standing up for what’s right because of his faith. Seems like a brave guy. 

6 days ago
9/9/11

Good for him 

6 days ago
8/6/08

Its crazy how now it is offensive and evil to stand for the anthem. We are in total bizarro world and it shows how powerfully manipulative our media truly is. 

6 days ago
9/26/10

There is a world where the kneeling thing could have been okay. It got off to a bad start because Kaepernick is retarded and a terrible spokesman (pig socks, Guevera shirt, etc.).  He's just not a smart guy. Savvy though. He's made bank off this move.  There have also been many other terrible spokespeople that do not help. Lebron, Bennett, etc. Just not well organized for the purpose of unity and real movement. 

And then the black lives matter movement taking over everything. very divisive group. Very sad. they made this problem what it is. There are thing everybody could do better, but there is no middle ground where we can have a conversation about getting there. That's not what this is about. It is about power. 

6 days ago
1/1/01

What a brave young man. I wish him well