OtherGround Forums The OG had a good run

7 days ago
9/29/10

Just politics. Nothing but that.  You put each other in boxes and categories. You’re either left or right. and you bicker back and forth thinking you’ll change someone’s mind on the internet by calling them an idiot. 

how long will it take for you to realize your only wasting your own energy?

this place was awesome. Something truly special. but now it’s just a memory of that. 

hell must have froze over because the UG is now more entertaining than the OG. 

sad to see this place go to ruins. 

7 days ago
1/18/12
spookEtheghost -

Just politics. Nothing but that.  You put each other in boxes and categories. You’re either left or right. and you bicker back and forth thinking you’ll change someone’s mind on the internet by calling them an idiot. 

this place was awesome. Something truly special. but now it’s just a memory of that. 

Quit being emotional.

Especially on Sunday morning.

It just makes you look like a sad drunk

Edited: 7 days ago
9/29/10

How was your weekend, friend? 

7 days ago
1/1/01
Oh Vegooh.

Its just a forum from the 90's that middle aged dudes post on to talk about MMA, beer, weed, books, pussy, dick pills etc...

Its not like your wife no longer wants to fuck ya and is taking the kids to her mother's house, its just a forum. Everything is gonna be ok. Teh OG will outlive us all so will of course have many changes.
7 days ago
3/25/19

Dont worry OP. Dad goes soft on these sissies because he has a soft spot for them. But when I take the reigns I will sniff out and crush every single one of these politically obsessed sissy boys. 

You have my word on that!

7 days ago
1/18/12
BJ Penn Forever - Oh Vegooh.

Its just a forum from the 90's that middle aged dudes post on to talk about MMA, beer, weed, books, pussy, dick pills etc...

Its not like your wife no longer wants to fuck ya and is taking the kids to her mother's house, its just a forum. Everything is gonna be ok. Teh OG will outlive us all so will of course have many changes.

Damn....you must be ACTUALLY from 01.

What the hell is a book and when was the last time anyone mentioned one on the OG?

Lol

7 days ago
8/11/12

This thread comes up a few times a year it seems, the OG isn’t going anywhere and there’s still lots of great people here and it’s not just politics. Quit your whining and start a thread yourself if you think there’s not enough other topics.

9/29/10
BJ Penn Forever - Oh Vegooh.

I wish people stil talked about MMA, beer, weed, books, pussy, and dick pills!! There’s just too many of these pansy’s arguing back and forth!  I don’t want to sift through this bullshit!! Just make a politics ground and move it there please. Passive Jay can finally have a job and just do that. 

Good to know that no matter what, the OG will live on. 

9/29/10
Balls Mahoney -

This thread comes up a few times a year it seems, the OG isn’t going anywhere and there’s still lots of great people here and it’s not just politics. Quit your whining and start a thread yourself if you think there’s not enough other topics.

I’m sorry Nancy, my point was that we shouldn’t have to sift through hundreds of political threads. Do we really need another thread with one idiot calling another person an idiot? Can we move past that and just put those idiots in their Own “political ground?”

7 days ago
1/18/12
spookEtheghost -
Balls Mahoney -

I’m sorry Nancy, my point was that we shouldn’t have to sift through hundreds of political threads. Do we really need another thread with one idiot calling another person an idiot? Can we move past that and just put those idiots in their Own “political ground?”

Do we need another thread begging for a sub forum?

Will that sub forum DESTROY traffic here?

7 days ago
3/17/03
You realize this is just a mirror of the REAL WORLD right now, correct?

If you're not seeing it on other platforms, it's because half the argument has been banned.
Be thankful that we're allowed to have actual discussions here without censorship.
7 days ago
1/1/01
Forrest Spliffn - 
spookEtheghost -
Balls Mahoney -

Do we need another thread begging for a sub forum?

Will that sub forum DESTROY traffic here?

It doesn't have to be a sub forum.  They could make the PG on regular forum like the OG.  It would be on the same level and would probably quickly overtake the OG.  But it would give people a place to go to get away from it. 

Right now it's like being in an apartment with 30 other roommates where you don't have your own bedroom to retreat to.

7 days ago
6/27/02

Op is an Obama loving Trumptard! 

7 days ago
9/8/11

Bummed I missed the cool stuff. Happy I'm here now. Still seems like there is a sense of community despite half of you being grumpy old curmudgeons

7 days ago
1/1/01
They need to beg Machine May and OMA to come back. That will rejuvenate the OG.
7 days ago
8/15/07
OP is a fake account.
7 days ago
1/1/01

Shush 

7 days ago
2/13/07
Son, I am dissappoint
7 days ago
4/18/01
Balls Mahoney -

It is. There are less and less posts as time passes

7 days ago
1/1/01

Can we get an OtherGround since this has become the PolitcalGround?

7 days ago
1/1/01
Ruprecht - 

Can we get an OtherGround since this has become the PolitcalGround?

oooh, I like that angle better.

7 days ago
8/11/12
invalid -
Balls Mahoney -

It is. There are less and less posts as time passes

I don’t think so, there are a hell of a lot of threads that have nothing to do with politics and you guys kind of see what you want to see. How do you know how many posts there have been since the last thread like this? There have been members that take a hiatus from this place but sometimes they come back and it’s a revolving door of sorts with a lot of prominent posters still here. Like the one guy above wrote, the OG is a reflection of the real world, and you guys can also ignore threads or members you don’t like you don’t have to click.

7 days ago
9/29/10
Onikage - You realize this is just a mirror of the REAL WORLD right now, correct?

If you're not seeing it on other platforms, it's because half the argument has been banned.
Be thankful that we're allowed to have actual discussions here without censorship.

Your correct that this does mirror the real world.  But let’s be real, do you really want to come to your favorite forum to have a pointless argument?  99.9% of the political threads turn into arguments. 

do you really think anyone here will be able to sincerely change someone else’s mind on these political subjects?

I don’t think we shouldn’t have them - there should be a designated area for those discussions. 

7 days ago
3/17/03
spookEtheghost - 
Onikage - You realize this is just a mirror of the REAL WORLD right now, correct?

Your correct that this does mirror the real world.  But let’s be real, do you really want to come to your favorite forum to have a pointless argument?  99.9% of the political threads turn into arguments. 

do you really think anyone here will be able to sincerely change someone else’s mind on these political subjects?

I don’t think we shouldn’t have them - there should be a designated area for those discussions. 

I've had my mind changed on here several times.

But I'm also interested in having actual discussions instead of pasting headlines then running away or posting emotional nonsense.

If the manchildren on the OG could communicate like men and form actual arguments, then our political threads would be a lot more productive.
7 days ago
6/18/16
Forrest Spliffn -
spookEtheghost -

Quit being emotional.

Especially on Sunday morning.

It just makes you look like a sad drunk

This guy makes a great point you fucking lush.

The political threads do get annoying op but the shit talking is a great stress reliever so I dont agree with that part. Seriously though op, alcoholics anonymous..