OtherGround Forums The Predator (2018) - WTF?!

6/17/19 11:59 PM
4/20/11

Just watched this. Holy fuck! What an absolute steaming pile of shit of a movie. It is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and disgraceful to the Predator legacy.

Modern movie making is totally fucked.

It's politically correct, stunningly unfunny even though it tries SO hard to be (why would a Predator movie be funny and have comedians in it?!), with TERRIBLY stiff acting, laughable CGI, and a very questionable plot.

Each scene tries to be more absurd and "unrealistic" than the last.

I don't think I've ever seen such a disgraceful and disrespectful entry in - what was once - a respected franchise.

This is unrecognizable as a Predator movie.

It's like they took the Predator concept, homogenized it for the modern retard, and pissed all over it.

Wow. Stunning. Awful. Its hard to put into words how bad this movie is.

0/10

6/18/19 7:46 PM
4/20/11

Anyone agree?! 

6/18/19 7:55 PM
3/18/05
Willin -

Anyone agree?! 

Everyone agrees. It has zero redeeming qualities. My wife was pissed I made her watch it. 

6/18/19 7:58 PM
11/30/07

Biggest predator fan on this forum, and i enjoyed majority of it. You can see where the studio interfered wth black’s work and tried to capitalize on other franchises etc... should have just let him do his thing and work. 

6/18/19 9:25 PM
3/18/05
Ryann Von Doom -

Biggest predator fan on this forum, and i enjoyed majority of it. You can see where the studio interfered wth black’s work and tried to capitalize on other franchises etc... should have just let him do his thing and work. 

I didn't see a single minute of quality story telling, acting, writing, directing, or any quality movie making whatsoever in the version that I watched. Zero suspense or tension, both of which the first one featured throughout. Noneof the misfit team of crazies were as cool as the weakest of Dutch's crew(ironically Shane Black). Characters were terrible. Human villan guy was a walking cliche. Olivia Munn was awful. 

This is just my opinion, but I stand by it. 

6/18/19 9:44 PM
7/13/09

One of those movies that’s so bad you wonder how the fuck it got made and how they could attach a brand like Predator to it and actually release 

Edited: 6/18/19 9:46 PM
9/23/07

Its not even bad in a good way.

Its just bad 100% of the way.

*bashes everyone on the head*

*beats dead horse*

THE AUTISTIC KID IS THE HERO!!

ok ok we get it fuck.... 

6/18/19 9:48 PM
9/10/13

Saw it in the theater and don’t remember any of it so that’s not a good sign. This thread makes me want to watch it again. On HBO currently so I’ll probably put it on later while doing stuff. 

6/18/19 9:49 PM
8/11/12

I'm surprised you didnt make this thread a month before it came out you spoiling bastard.

6/18/19 9:50 PM
9/19/11

Didn't they cut out a bunch of shit? 

6/18/19 9:51 PM
9/23/07
chief123 - 
Ryann Von Doom -

I didn't see a single minute of quality story telling, acting, writing, directing, or any quality movie making whatsoever in the version that I watched. Zero suspense or tension, both of which the first one featured throughout. Noneof the misfit team of crazies were as cool as the weakest of Dutch's crew(ironically Shane Black). Characters were terrible. Human villan guy was a walking cliche. Olivia Munn was awful. 

I stand with you.

The fucking predator dog that gets labotomized.

fucking Jake Busey

Restraints that don't restrain anything.

Fuck that movie sucked.
6/18/19 9:52 PM
2/15/13

It wasn’t that good. But the end? Where are they taking it? Iron man rip off? 

6/18/19 9:53 PM
10/10/02

As soon as I saw the poor man's Dave chapelle in it key or peele, whichever homo he is i knew it was going to chug dicks.

6/18/19 11:09 PM
1/1/01
chief123 - 
Ryann Von Doom -

Apparently, Shane Black was cast in Predator so he could be on set and do last-minute rewrites as needed. When he realized this is what the producers intended for him, he balked at it and they killed his character off. So, in truth, he had nothing to do with the writing of Predator.

Despite many people making the assumption that since he was in Predator and as a writer/director, he understood what made Predator great and could duplicate it for a new generation.
6/18/19 11:48 PM
1/1/01
If you watched this on purpose, you kinda deserve what you get.
6/19/19 12:02 AM
4/1/11

It is the "Alien: Resurrection"/Rocky V of the franchise. 

We don't speak of it.

6/19/19 12:54 AM
6/5/18

The original predator is my favourite movie of all time. So this hurt to watch and honestly I didn’t even finish it. 

Worse than terminator 3 - 0/10

6/19/19 1:17 AM
4/8/07

i put it on the other night and turned it off after about 10 minutes.  looked like complete shit.

Edited: 6/19/19 1:56 AM
1/1/01

Dogshit.

6/19/19 2:05 AM
5/28/12
Ryann Von Doom -

Everyone note: I am a bigger fan than RVD

6/19/19 2:13 AM
8/20/08

Arnold's reaction:

6/19/19 2:15 AM
2/9/12
Willin -

Just watched this. Holy fuck! What an absolute steaming pile of shit of a movie. It is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and disgraceful to the Predator legacy.

Modern movie making is totally fucked.

It's politically correct, stunningly unfunny even though it tries SO hard to be (why would a Predator movie be funny and have comedians in it?!), with TERRIBLY stiff acting, laughable CGI, and a very questionable plot.

Each scene tries to be more absurd and "unrealistic" than the last.

I don't think I've ever seen such a disgraceful and disrespectful entry in - what was once - a respected franchise.

This is unrecognizable as a Predator movie.

It's like they took the Predator concept, homogenized it for the modern retard, and pissed all over it.

Wow. Stunning. Awful. Its hard to put into words how bad this movie is.

0/10

You summed it up nicely. IMO we got the Woke predator movie. It was dog shit. 

6/19/19 2:33 AM
3/20/12

Why click play bros?

Can't improve on perfection.

Rewatch the Gem if you want some Predator

Image result for predator gif handshake

6/19/19 11:49 AM
4/20/11

How this even has a 5.4 on IMDB blows my mind. There are actually a handful of morons who liked it! Wow.

Edited: 6/19/19 12:07 PM
3/1/10

I didn't see anything overtly "politically correct" about it.

It was just a mediocre film.

Which is a shame for the franchise, since the total budget of this thing was probably around $150m+ when you consider global marketing and it flopped domestically (where studios get a bigger cut from ticket sales).

Also, one of the more dumb plot elements that was completely cut from the film were the Emissary Predators, which were Predators allied with the US government who lived on the military base and wore camoflague fatigues and used an M240 machine gun.

The one thing which could have ended the film on a fun note was if the hyped up "Predator killer" in the capsule ended up being a xenomorph which fucked everyone in the lab up. Or even an egg. But nope. They couldn't even give us that.

We'll be waiting another 8 years for a new Predator film.