OtherGround Forums The Vanishing of Flight 370 - WOW!

Edited: 4/22/19 10:33 AM
4/20/11

This excellent video was recently posted regarding MH370's disappearance.

I am still absolutely fascinated by this case. It's incredibly tragic and interesting. I think it's very clear that the pilot intentionally committed this act. He flew the plane to altitude to make all of the passengers pass out just like Helios flight 522. Then he hid the plane in the South Indian Ocean. He did it to protest the Malaysian government for jailing Anwar Ibrahim for sodomy. 

It was an incredibly vicious, malicious act - though honestly brilliant in its execution. The guy made a huge jet disappear off of the face of the earth along with 238 other people. It's chilling to imagine this pilot flying a plane alone for FIVE HOURS with 238 people passed out in the cabin due to depressurization. Then he intentionally set the plane down softly so that a giant debris field wouldn't be created so investigators couldn't find the plane. He just made the plane vanish in some of the deepest seas in the entire world. Fucking WILD. 

Just incredibly chilling but objectively ingenious despite the tragic act of murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd2KEHvK-q8

4/22/19 10:34 AM
10/15/13

In

Edited: 4/22/19 10:52 AM
4/20/11

Also - the timing, the turns, and the turning-off of the transponders all indicate that this was all very carefully executed. 

Those transponders can NOT be turned off unless someone with very technical knowledge WITH ACCESS TO THEM turns them off. The only other possibility would be a cataclysmic fire taking them out because there are redundencies incorporated within them to prevent electric failures, etc. A fire of that magnitude doesn't make sense or the plane would not have flown for another 5 hours. 

The transponders were turned off RIGHT when the pilots were doing hand-off between air traffic control towers. 

The plane took several unscheduled turns which commenced RIGHT when the hand-off was occuring. 

The route of the turns was PERFECTLY planned to be extremely hard to detect and ventured over areas with seemingly no satellite coverage - other than INMARSAT pings.

Someone with incredibly deep technical knowledge executed this plan. 

It had to have been the pilot. He did it right after that political dissident was jailed. He was following that case very closely from what I heard right after the disappearance. I remember reading claims that he actually attended the hearings - I'm not sure if that's verified.

Crazy, crazy shit.

4/22/19 11:12 AM
4/20/17

You'd think if someone was going to do this as a protest to something, they would have left a statement of such to draw attention to the reasoning behind it.

Yet nothing has been found, correct?

4/22/19 11:23 AM
4/20/11
densefog -

You'd think if someone was going to do this as a protest to something, they would have left a statement of such to draw attention to the reasoning behind it.

He wanted to vanish the plane inexplicably to force them to conduct an enormous investigation as to the plane's whereabouts. To screw the government. To expose them. To shine a light on them.

If he stated outright what he was going to do it would curtail a lot of the mystery then the resulting fallout.

He wanted to fuck over the Malay government as much as possible.

4/22/19 11:25 AM
1/1/01

for later

4/22/19 11:26 AM
3/23/07
Willin - 
densefog -

He wanted to vanish the plane inexplicably to force them to conduct an enormous investigation as to the plane's whereabouts. To screw the government. To expose them. To shine a light on them.

If he stated outright what he was going to do it would curtail a lot of the mystery then the resulting fallout.

Doesn't really make sense. I think it would fuck over the Malay governent FAR MORE if he had left a manifesto clearly stating that he did what he did in response to the Govt actions that he disapproves of.

As opposed to the reasoning being unclear, as it is now. I mean, there's really no substantive proof that it was a deliberate act at all despite that being a possibility.

4/22/19 11:57 AM
9/1/04
densefog - 

In a case this weird, we can't state definitively whether anything was found, only that the gov't he was allegedly exposing hasn't produced any such documents. They're the ones that would have been investigating.

Malaysia is a funky country, had a wild time while I was out there. The movie Wolf of Wall street was funded by a Malaysian scam artist that had swindled far more money than the guy in the movie had, and gotten away scot free.
4/22/19 11:58 AM
7/24/16

I still think it got sucked into a black hole like that CNN expert claimed.

4/22/19 11:59 AM
7/14/17

This video is awesome and extremely interesting. Thanks OP 

4/22/19 11:59 AM
9/1/04
Willin - 
densefog -

That ended up being the effect, but that would have been hard to predict for anyone.
4/22/19 12:02 PM
6/8/10

Didn't they just do this on the Twighlight Zone  

4/22/19 12:03 PM
2/5/06
later
Edited: 4/22/19 12:09 PM
1/1/01
saglv -
Willin - 
densefog -

Doesn't really make sense. I think it would fuck over the Malay governent FAR MORE if he had left a manifesto clearly stating that he did what he did in response to the Govt actions that he disapproves of.

As opposed to the reasoning being unclear, as it is now. I mean, there's really no substantive proof that it was a deliberate act at all despite that being a possibility.

You’re trying to apply reason and logic to an irrational person. In his mind maybe the lingering doubt that he knew would be left was worse than  shouting his issues from the rooftop. 

And again, when I say the pilot was irrational, I’m assuming because there’s no direct  evidence it was all him. 

4/22/19 12:13 PM
3/23/07
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
Willin - 
densefog -

You’re trying to apply reason and logic to an irrational person. In his mind maybe the lingering doubt that he knew would be left was worse than  shouting his issues from the rooftop. 

And again, when I say the pilot was irrational, I’m assuming because there’s no direct  evidence it was all him. 

You're making an unfounded assumption. We don't know for sure it was a deliberate act. That is one possibility amongs others.

As I'm typing this response I see your edit, and agree. There's no substantive evidence it was him deliberartely crashing the plane, though it may have been him doing just that.

Edited: 4/22/19 12:20 PM
1/1/01
saglv -
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
Willin - 
densefog -

You're making an unfounded assumption. We don't know for sure it was a deliberate act. That is one possibility amongs others.

As I'm typing this response I see your edit, and agree. There's no substantive evidence it was him deliberartely crashing the plane, though it may have been him doing just that.

And that’s the point made by willin. It’s very possible that IF he were the culprit, he thought all this doubt was more hurtful to the govt than being upfront about it. 

You bought into his guilt long enough to consider whether or not willin’s theory made sense. All I’m saying is that you need to be careful when applying reason to determine the motive behind irrational acts. 

4/22/19 12:18 PM
6/5/12

Mugatu must have gotten to that pilot.

4/22/19 12:27 PM
3/9/11
pfsjkd -
saglv -
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
Willin - 
densefog -

And that’s the point made by willin. It’s very possible that IF he were the culprit, he thought all this doubt was more hurtful to the govt than being upfront about it. 

You bought into his guilt long enough to consider whether or not willin’s theory made sense. All I’m saying is that you need to be careful when applying reason to determine the motive behind irrational acts. 

You have no idea what you’re talking about

Edited: 4/22/19 12:38 PM
1/1/01
6 Late Hammerfists -
pfsjkd -
saglv -
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
Willin - 
densefog -

You have no idea what you’re talking about

Hey, it’s my fat little stalker who likes to pretend he’s a pilot! You think you could stop stuffing your face with burgers long enough to try and contribute a rational thought? I know it’s hard for you, but give it try. 

4/22/19 12:32 PM
3/23/07
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
Willin - 
densefog -

I don't see why you're necessarily calling the act irrational. If he did it, and if his goal was to cause the maximum amount of embarrassment to the gov't, isn't it possible that he behaved in a logical, rational manner in planning and executing this crime? ('in order to cause the max amount of damage, I will do ____')

4/22/19 12:37 PM
1/1/01
saglv -
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
Willin - 
densefog -

I don't see why you're necessarily calling the act irrational. If he did it, and if his goal was to cause the maximum amount of embarrassment to the gov't, isn't it possible that he behaved in a logical, rational manner in planning and executing this crime? ('in order to cause the max amount of damage, I will do ____')

I don’t think there’s any way to categorize killing himself and all the passengers/crew as ‘rational’.

Certainly he could have gone about the planning in a rational way but the act itself is the epitome of irrational, so you have to be careful how you try to determine his motive. 

Edited: 4/22/19 12:42 PM
3/23/07
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
pfsjkd - 
saglv -
Willin - 
densefog -

I don’t think there’s any way to categorize killing himself and all the passengers/crew as ‘rational’.

Certainly he could have gone about the planning in a rational way but the act itself is the epitome of irrational, so you have to be careful how you try to determine his motive. 

Of course you have to be careful, because (if he did it at all) there could be a million different reasons why.

Maybe he was depressed and wanted to commit suicide and was out of his mind.

Maybe it was a calm, calculated attack designed to damage the gov't.

Or maybe it was one of a million other reasons.

Since he didn't leave a manifesto, we'll probably never know. Then again, maybe it was a technical fault which caused the crash which had nothing to do with the pilot.

4/22/19 12:48 PM
1/1/01
No.

No one cares that much about imprisoning someone for being a turd burglar.
4/22/19 12:54 PM
11/9/10

The fact it was never found beyond some random parts washing up on shore is not all that surprising. The underwater beacon has a very small range in relation to the size of the Indian Ocean. I said it when the flight disappeared. They're never going to find it. The maximum detection range of a ULB is 6-12k feet depending on the sea state. The average depth of the indian ocean is just over 12,740 ft. Even at max range in the most optimal of conditions you'd have to be essentially directly above the transmitter within the 30-40 days it's active before it dies to detect it. Or be significantly below the surface with a submersible and again get pretty close to it within that time frame. Given it's eratic flight path and the size of the area it's easy to know why it was never found.

4/22/19 12:59 PM
2/24/07
Later