OtherGround Forums The Von Erich family

9/12/18 6:40 PM
3/16/15
itslarrySECott -
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
Ryann Von Doom -

Tragic story. Kerry would have been in the 80 olympics had carter not pulled us from it. 

You got a legit source for that claim?  He must been a national champion.........should be easy to support.

You can’t use Google? He apparently qualified for the Olympic team as a discus thrower.

No, I don’t know how to use Google, never heard of it.

The only sites that claim anything about Kerry going to the Olympics are pro wrestling hack sites.

Please realize that I am not debating the lethality of The Discus Punch.  That could legitimately kill any animal on earth.

9/12/18 6:43 PM
11/9/05
itslarrySECott -
Ryann Von Doom -

Tragic story. Kerry would have been in the 80 olympics had carter not pulled us from it. 

You got a legit source for that claim?  He must been a national champion.........should be easy to support.

You can’t use Google? He apparently qualified for the Olympic team as a discus thrower.

No, I don’t know how to use Google, never heard of it.

The only sites that claim anything about Kerry going to the Olympics are pro wrestling hack sites.

Please realize that I am not debating the lethality of The Discus Punch.  That could legitimately kill any animal on earth.

Can’t say I’m entirely surprised you don’t know how to use Google.

At least you admit as much, I’m good with it.

9/12/18 7:04 PM
7/26/07
Slydawg -

Kudos to Flair for jobbing to Kerry. Hogan would not have done something so unselfish.

Hogan was still trying to get over himself during that time wasn’t he? Or do you just mean in general?

9/12/18 7:38 PM
3/20/12
crazy shit
interesting thread Cre
9/12/18 8:35 PM
1/1/01
Slydawg - 

Kudos to Flair for jobbing to Kerry. Hogan would not have done something so unselfish.

Flair did get it back about 3 wks later. Back then, the NWA required a deposit ($25K?) be made for a wrestler from a territory to hold the World title, given back when he dropped it.
9/12/18 8:51 PM
7/28/02

TEXAS TORNADO

via GIPHY

9/12/18 9:02 PM
4/27/18

Grew up in lake Dallas. Mike was in 9th, chris was in 7th grade. I was in 8th. Lacy Williams, Kerry’s future with was a 9th grade cheerleader .

our track and field events were called the fritz von Erich relays.

they were all drug addicted from an early age. This dopehead Shane rodden was one of the dealers. Lived down the street. Kerry would come down the street in his Lincoln and stop there from time to time.

chris played football with us. Unatheltic and shy.

the brothers would come watch us play and practice football.

They seemed nice. Fucking tragedy.

moral of the story is don’t do harmful drugs.

You lose sooner or later.

9/12/18 9:07 PM
7/20/08

I grew up watching the Von Erichs.   Kevin was my favorite.  I used to either skip church to watch or when vhs came out I would record while I was at church.

9/12/18 9:48 PM
1/13/04
Slydawg -

Yup - remember watching this match as a young kid in Windsor with my father. I showed this same match to my son a couple of years ago. Kerry was the shit I thought as a 6 year old kid but Flair is Flair. First video is Flair congratulating Kerry yet letting him know its temporary and the second vid is the whole match.

9/12/18 9:52 PM
1/13/04

Edited: 9/12/18 10:00 PM
4/20/02
Slydawg -
Strangleu -

Grew up in lake Dallas. Mike was in 9th, chris was in 7th grade. I was in 8th. Lacy Williams, Kerry’s future with was a 9th grade cheerleader .

they were all drug addicted from an early age. This dopehead Shane rodden was one of the dealers. Lived down the street. Kerry would come down the street in his Lincoln and stop there from time to time.

Tell us more plz... who was Lance Von Erik? I think he lived close by. He was fake.

He was Ricky Vaughan. I've heard he was a big deal multi-sport high school athlete in Dallas and was well known there, and it was well known he wasn't an Adkisson. I think they tried to kayfabe it that we was from the mom's side of the family when people asked about him.

9/12/18 10:00 PM
9/7/04

I saw Jeff Jarrett, Iceman King Parsons and maybe Brian Adias in that short vid, among others. 

9/12/18 10:04 PM
1/1/01
CRE -
Captain 'Murica - 
CRE - 
Captain 'Murica - Grew up in Dallas and they were a household name. Sad.

Sibling rivalry played a role?

What I'm seeing is that they all wanted to keep up with each other and got caught up. That 30 for 30 is a great short summary. Really touching story about Kevin, the last Von Erich, in a gun store.

I see. Makes sense, with such a demanding father. I heard that Doris blamed him for their sons' deaths. I'll be watching the videos later at home. Thanks for posting them.

Apparently Kevin was upset that Kerry got the title shot and win against Ric Flair

Which was only cause David died...

its a nasty circle.

9/12/18 10:09 PM
1/1/01
oblongo -
Slydawg -
Strangleu -

Tell us more plz... who was Lance Von Erik? I think he lived close by. He was fake.

He was Ricky Vaughan. I've heard he was a big deal multi-sport high school athlete in Dallas and was well known there, and it was well known he wasn't an Adkisson. I think they tried to kayfabe it that we was from the mom's side of the family when people asked about him.

Fake is probably the wrong word.

He was a storyline cousin of the Von Erichs.

9/12/18 10:12 PM
9/7/04

9/12/18 10:15 PM
1/13/04

Not to take anything away from the legendary Von Erich family - Canadian equivalent was the Hart family (with the Owen tragedy and the Montreal fuck job)..

9/12/18 10:18 PM
1/13/04

Was trying to find the Hart video with the father with Owen and Bret where the father documented the boys training old school. Hopefully this is the video. Much respect to Texas and the Von Erich's

9/12/18 10:23 PM
8/1/00

David was my favorite Wrestler as a kid.  

Brain Claw Bitch!

Edited: 9/12/18 10:53 PM
8/1/00

They hyped Kevin's finishing move (Leg Scissors)

By saying "He can crush bags of Wheat with his legs!"

I was like 10 years old thinking "Wtf does that even mean?"

9/12/18 10:28 PM
8/1/00

Iron Claw....Lmao!

Brain Claw was in that Nintendo Wrestling game.  Thanks.

9/12/18 10:33 PM
7/2/07
Wow watched them as a kid.

No idea about Kerry's foot and don't recall the suicide.

Wow nuts.
9/13/18 12:02 AM
3/5/13

Texas Tornado was one of my favs.  Sweet finisher and music. 

9/13/18 12:27 AM
1/1/01
The Heroes of World Class documentary is an incredible watch.
9/13/18 1:04 AM
4/2/08

Fucking legends.  All I can say

9/13/18 1:13 AM
4/20/08

Wait, the fucking Texas Tornado had a fake foot? What in the fuck. Also, I didnt even realize he killed himself in 93, seemed like he died much later than that.