OtherGround Forums The country is fractured.

Edited: 4/6/20 4:38 PM
12/26/05

Something between the Bush administration and current day has fractured the US.

The level of attack on the US president during what's one of the most profound global events since the second world war is frankly stunning.

Not a single beat was skipped. 

The house is talking about investigation DURING the crisis.  The media has been @ 100% politics during this entire crisis.  The primary leaders advisor is talking about crimes against humanity prosecution against trump for advocating for Hydroxycloriquine.  

This didnt occur as far back as 911.  I'm not sure if it would have occured under Obama.  

Either way we are here now.

The country will no longer rally behind a leader in crisis.  We will not come together. The culture is at war, and that war will not slow even during a global pandemic.

I'm trying to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing...that being said, this incident suggest to me that before my life is over we will likely see violent civil unrest here in the US on a significant level.

I decided I needed to pick a side in this mess about 2017, and that my own political wants that likely werent going to be upheld anytime soon had to take a back seat to opposing a political force that will likely have me silenced if they get their way.

This will get worse over time, not better.  

If you dont fit into a political basket like myself, I suggest you pick a side, or at least know which way to go if things start getting uglier.

4/6/20 4:39 PM
1/20/08

4/6/20 4:39 PM
1/20/08

My body is ready 

4/6/20 4:40 PM
3/18/02

if you dont want 15 genders and bags of shit on every street, you should probably pick the right side of the spectrum

its unfortunate but most americans are just too dumb and are happy to get lead around by the nose by their handlers (career politicians).  Evidence?  60 Million about to vote for a pants crapping, senile, china loving old retard. 

4/6/20 4:41 PM
12/5/17

lol

1/5/11

Just do you, dude. Don't worry about anyone else.

Personally, I fucking hate the media, and I see how ugly they are. They are on a mission to destroy, possibly even more than the dems.

So, fuck it. Let the chips fall where they may. I'm convinced it will be another term, with good (but not great) recovery.

I think Trump's doing great, but this is a very powerful disease that could change a lot of the good he has done.

1/1/01

4/6/20 4:44 PM
1/1/01

Vote up,

Good post.

4/6/20 4:44 PM
5/15/07
"Something between the Bush administration and current day has fractured the US."

The Obama administration was between the Bush administration and today.

Thanks, Obama.
Edited: 4/6/20 4:55 PM
2/14/03

Naw. People take thier aggressions out over the Internet these days.

There are no sides. Just people who do not understand how the world works.

They are scared, so they latch onto a group and herd mentality ensues. But when they look back and reflect, they know full well that they were acting like a bunch of fucktards.

4/6/20 4:59 PM
1/1/01
The weird thing about all the negativity about Trump is that apart from the dozen or so scandals that would each be enough to implode the career of any other politician, his presidency has been relatively scandal-free.
4/6/20 5:00 PM
1/1/01

It was a little weird watching the Illinois Gov and the Mayor of Chicago give their daily updates.

From what I learned today, the COVID-19 pandemic is the fault of Trump and racism.

4/6/20 5:03 PM
9/2/10
bullson -

They are scared, so they latch onto a group and herd mentality ensues. But when they look back and reflect, they know full well that they were acting like a bunch of fucktards.

Preach.

4/6/20 5:03 PM
2/12/16

Look, this president never rallied behind his own country.  He never tried bringing us together as a country, only his fanbase.  He’s only been an example of a rotten human being, never taking resposibilty, insulting those who disagree, always complaining how hard it is and blaming everyone else, including the last guy, constantly bragging about himself in the most trivial ways while ignoring crucial facts, etc, etc, etc.  It goes one all throughout his life.  He’s always been a POS.  He’s a mockery of reality and like it or not, he sets the pace for individual & national character for the entire industrialized world.  We are supposed to be the example.  He is supposed to set the example.  He has no diplomacy!  Obama at least had that, above all.

4/6/20 5:08 PM
6/24/08
CavemanDave - 

The level of attack on the US president during what's one of the most profound global events since the second world war is frankly stunning.

The house is talking about investigation DURING the crisis.  The media has been @ 100% politics during this entire crisis.  The primary leaders advisor is talking about crimes against humanity prosecution against trump for advocating for Hydroxycloriquine.  

This didnt occur as far back as 911.  I'm not sure if it would have occured under Obama.  

The country will no longer rally behind a leader in crisis.  We will not come together. The culture is at war, and that war will not slow even during a global pandemic.

I'm trying to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing...that being said, this incident suggest to me that before my life is over we will likely see violent civil unrest here in the US on a significant level.

I decided I needed to pick a side in this mess about 2017, and that my own political wants that likely werent going to be upheld anytime soon had to take a back seat to opposing a political force that will likely have me silenced if they get their way.

If you dont fit into a political basket like myself, I suggest you pick a side, or at least know which way to go if things start getting uglier.

Eight years of Black man bad, obstruction, and dumb ass claims about birth certificates and college grades didn’t help.
4/6/20 5:13 PM
12/23/02
ViciousJBone -

Look, this president never rallied behind his own country.  He never tried bringing us together as a country, only his fanbase.  He’s only been an example of a rotten human being, never taking resposibilty, insulting those who disagree, always complaining how hard it is and blaming everyone else, including the last guy, constantly bragging about himself in the most trivial ways while ignoring crucial facts, etc, etc, etc.  It goes one all throughout his life.  He’s always been a POS.  He’s a mockery of reality and like it or not, he sets the pace for individual & national character for the entire industrialized world.  We are supposed to be the example.  He is supposed to set the example.  He has no diplomacy!  Obama at least had that, above all.

Go screw asshole

4/6/20 5:14 PM
10/4/18
This pandemic outted liberals as fucken shitty human beings.
4/6/20 5:15 PM
12/26/05
Treedoc -
CavemanDave - 

Eight years of Black man bad, obstruction, and dumb ass claims about birth certificates and college grades didn’t help.

Probably true.

Honestly I'm not sure how it got to this point, but it's at this point.

4/6/20 5:18 PM
12/26/05
bullson -

You are assuming the ability of the public to self-reflect in large numbers.

I'm assuming the opposite.  I think the media rhetoric during this crisis suggests I'm probably more correct.

7/15/04

I've posted numerous studies by legit organizations showing that the US is more divided now than at any time ever besides the actual Civil War.

More polarized, more hatred, etc. It is a real thing. Crazy how we have gotten to this point.

8/1/13

Many people have never recoved from Nov 8 2016. The MSM certainly haven't recoverd, and they have doubled down on Orange Man Bad. When Obama was first put in office, I was more than willing to give him a chance, as was pretty much everyone in America. His policies are what drove people away from him.

4/6/20 5:20 PM
1/1/01

In addition to picking a side, you need to build relationships with useful people, hopefully neighbors. 

Then, when the boogaloo starts, you have a gang of Roof Top Koreans.

4/6/20 5:24 PM
12/26/05
choadler -

Just do you, dude. Don't worry about anyone else.

Personally, I fucking hate the media, and I see how ugly they are. They are on a mission to destroy, possibly even more than the dems.

So, fuck it. Let the chips fall where they may. I'm convinced it will be another term, with good (but not great) recovery.

I think Trump's doing great, but this is a very powerful disease that could change a lot of the good he has done.

I think this is like assuming if you ignore a bully it will go away.

Note that I'm not a pessimistic person by nature.  I very much agree with Steven Pinkers assertions that the world has become amazingly better over the past hundred years.

I'm also aware that where it hasnt, it's been due almost entirely to unscrupulous people trying to consolidate political power.

I'm thinking this is the type of struggle we are just entering in the US.

4/6/20 5:24 PM
3/6/06
camicom -

Many people have never recoved from Nov 8 2016. The MSM certainly haven't recoverd, and they have doubled down on Orange Man Bad. When Obama was first put in office, I was more than willing to give him a chance, as was pretty much everyone in America. His policies are what drove people away from him.

Obama was terrible, but he could have been president until he died if not for term limits.  Same with Reagan or Clinton.

Funny the left loves term limits but doesn't realize that without term limits there would be no President Trump to lose their shit over.

4/6/20 5:25 PM
12/26/05
TexDeuce -

I've posted numerous studies by legit organizations showing that the US is more divided now than at any time ever besides the actual Civil War.

More polarized, more hatred, etc. It is a real thing. Crazy how we have gotten to this point.

The question is, should we try to mend all these fences or is it time for bloody knuckles?

My assumption is this will not mend.