OtherGround Forums The fishing thread

5 days ago
10/21/10
cuzzi -
BigEyedFish -

lets get a compound!  Thats what this place on the North Channel was.  Frickin breathtaking

I retire in 12 years and I’m packing my shit and heading back north. I’m really thinking Martin river area 

Gorgeous area, I’m going a little further north to Temagami. 

5 days ago
10/21/10
BigEyedFish -

I appreciate that and you better watch because I might take you up on it one day lol. 

I want to buy a cottage in the next couple of years.  I flip flop all the time about where.  I love fishing the Ottawa/Larry waters.  But the scenery isnt as nice as in the shield.  The Larry has giants in it now, but the stock there isnt naturally reproducing.  As a muskie fisherie, its actually in pretty rough shape and the outlook is not good, long term. 

I Want something that has access to big water preferably - either Nip or Gbay.  Took a serious look at a place in the North Channel of the French River.  Awesome set up, 2 cottages on the property, moose...Frickin paradise.  But no access to the big waters.  I cant spend my days fishing for the odd resident fish...Not exciting.  

I mean it. Even if I’m not fishing with you, you’re welcome anytime. Bring Wally too.

I would get bored fishing the same water all the time, even a huge lake like nip/french/west arm. I live for backwater lakes and get a rush off hitting new spots. I have over 40 lakes in this area that I fish and know fairly well.

As a musky guy, I can see why you’d want big water. You could always trailer to other spots if you wanted to. 

4 days ago
4/27/11

fuck ya boys. Wife gave the green ligh to look for a house on the river. Already contacted my agent 

4 days ago
10/21/10
cuzzi -

fuck ya boys. Wife gave the green ligh to look for a house on the river. Already contacted my agent 

Fucking right man, that’s awesome. I assume you mean Marten? Just curious, what’s your attachment to it? 

4 days ago
3/18/02

Wicked. Let's have a bash when you get it. 

4 days ago
3/17/10
iFish -
BigEyedFish -

I appreciate that and you better watch because I might take you up on it one day lol. 

I want to buy a cottage in the next couple of years.  I flip flop all the time about where.  I love fishing the Ottawa/Larry waters.  But the scenery isnt as nice as in the shield.  The Larry has giants in it now, but the stock there isnt naturally reproducing.  As a muskie fisherie, its actually in pretty rough shape and the outlook is not good, long term. 

I Want something that has access to big water preferably - either Nip or Gbay.  Took a serious look at a place in the North Channel of the French River.  Awesome set up, 2 cottages on the property, moose...Frickin paradise.  But no access to the big waters.  I cant spend my days fishing for the odd resident fish...Not exciting.  

I mean it. Even if I’m not fishing with you, you’re welcome anytime. Bring Wally too.

I would get bored fishing the same water all the time, even a huge lake like nip/french/west arm. I live for backwater lakes and get a rush off hitting new spots. I have over 40 lakes in this area that I fish and know fairly well.

As a musky guy, I can see why you’d want big water. You could always trailer to other spots if you wanted to. 

Been beating the shit out of western nip all week. A much as I love the scenery and area, the slot sucks. Got my first keeper eye friggen this morning.. haven't seen any others come into camp all week. 

Ill post up obligatory scenery pics when I get home though

4 days ago
10/21/10
ruckazz -
iFish -
BigEyedFish -

Been beating the shit out of western nip all week. A much as I love the scenery and area, the slot sucks. Got my first keeper eye friggen this morning.. haven't seen any others come into camp all week. 

I rarely target walleye, but my buddy has caught some really nice keepers this year. I’m sure you know who to blame for the slot and 4 fish limit...

Hope you’re having a good time! 

4 days ago
4/27/11
iFish -
cuzzi -

Fucking right man, that’s awesome. I assume you mean Marten? Just curious, what’s your attachment to it? 

Lol no that’s not until retirement. Just the nattawasaga but it does flow to gbay so that means my own dock 

4 days ago
4/27/11
BigEyedFish -

Wicked. Let's have a bash when you get it. 

They don’t come up very often in my price range but when it does happen your more then welcome to come over

4 days ago
4/27/11
iFish -
cuzzi -

I just love the area. It’s far enough away for the bay but close enough if I need it. 

4 days ago
4/27/11
iFish -
ruckazz -
iFish -
BigEyedFish -

I rarely target walleye, but my buddy has caught some really nice keepers this year. I’m sure you know who to blame for the slot and 4 fish limit...

Oh we know. I grew up on the south sore of nip. I could tell you stories of pickerel fishing when I was a kid that most wouldn’t believe. That was befor the slot.

4 days ago
10/21/10
cuzzi -
iFish -
ruckazz -
iFish -
BigEyedFish -

Oh we know. I grew up on the south sore of nip. I could tell you stories of pickerel fishing when I was a kid that most wouldn’t believe. That was befor the slot.

Grew up north of here as you know, but i’ve heard all the stories of the glory days. It’s a shame. 

Edited: 4 days ago
4/27/11
iFish -
cuzzi -
iFish -
ruckazz -
iFish -
BigEyedFish -

Grew up north of here as you know, but i’ve heard all the stories of the glory days. It’s a shame. 

I still remember our best night was 62 pickerel and 1 pike. 3 kids in the span of like 3 hours. Like I said most people won’t believe it. Hook and a minnow is all we used back then  

4 days ago
3/17/10
cuzzi -
iFish -
cuzzi -
iFish -
ruckazz -
iFish -
BigEyedFish -

I still remember our best night was 62 pickerel and 1 pike. 3 kids in the span of like 3 hours. Like I said most people won’t believe it. Hook and a minnow is all we used back then  

We still get days like that in the south bay area. Unfortunately fewer keepers. Due to you know who.. gotta love seeing the nets being strung out at night. 

4 days ago
10/21/10

I’ve done 50+ walleye on an evening fish on the north bay shoreline, but again, all under slot by a cunt hair due to size of nets. 

This year was the first year my buddies caught limits of keepers in a long time. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

I’m doing a week in black lake last week of August. We had to scramble because our trip to the gouin resevior got cancelled. Never fished it but it has a pretty good reputation, but late summer isn’t exactly prime time. 

4 days ago
10/11/09
iFish -
cuzzi -
BigEyedFish -

lets get a compound!  Thats what this place on the North Channel was.  Frickin breathtaking

I retire in 12 years and I’m packing my shit and heading back north. I’m really thinking Martin river area 

My buddie just bought a place on the south side of the main island, absolutley stunning. 

4 days ago
10/21/10
24vdc -
iFish -
cuzzi -
BigEyedFish -

My buddie just bought a place on the south side of the main island, absolutley stunning. 

That’s great, lucky guy. Imo, the best part of Temagami is not even the lake itself, it’s all of the other lakes in the area. Can get a house for 50k and live out my days fishing and hunting. 

4 days ago
3/13/18

I’ll just leave this here lol

https://globalnews.ca/news/7232238/winnipeg-woman-injured-musky-attack/

Edited: 3 days ago
11/24/13

That's it, next year I'm switching to Garmin.

3 days ago
2/10/03

went hog hunting tonight and we found one!
2 days ago
4/27/11
vintirex -

went hog hunting tonight and we found one!

Nice fish 

2 days ago
4/27/11

got the wife and hank in the boat tonight. it's been slow but hoping to watch the wife bring in a salmon
2 days ago
3/18/02

awesome fish Vin!

2 days ago
3/18/02

leaving in the morning for a trip on the st lawrence.  no return date planned. we want giants or we arent coming back.  Fishing with some epic anglers I cant wait.  

Cuzzi, Im going to get some preem spots on Gbay from the one guy.