OtherGround Forums The racists jumped shipped to Republican in 1960s

14 days ago
4/20/20
Slap Johnson -
MarcusAurelioFan -
Slap Johnson -

This makes no sense. So after the republicans freed the slaves and moved forward the civil rights act the racists decided to move over to them?

sorry, that was a century prior

I hope you understand that in history we witness the evolution of change and ideas

The civil rights act, filibustered for 74 days by DEMOCRATS. Almost 80% of the no votes were DEMOCRAT. 

The more things change the more they stay the same. 

Almost all the votes against came from the south. R or D.

After that more and more southern states went GOP. 

The people who fought for slavery, and their intellectual and actual descendants, also fought  the civil right act.

And now they're the core of the GOP. 

That's why there are Only two nationally elected black republicans. And soon when will Hurd retires, only one.

Because black people know who their enemies are.

14 days ago
4/20/20
Pustak -
Slap Johnson -
MarcusAurelioFan -
Slap Johnson -

This makes no sense. So after the republicans freed the slaves and moved forward the civil rights act the racists decided to move over to them?

I hope you understand that in history we witness the evolution of change and ideas

The civil rights act, filibustered for 74 days by DEMOCRATS. Almost 80% of the no votes were DEMOCRAT. 

Northern Democrats voted 145–9 in favor of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The mass of votes against it came from Representatives of Southern states - segregationists who had been Democrats because of the legacy of the Civil War period. Two months after this vote 5 of the 6 states that went to Goldwater over LBJ were in the Deep South, including 3 that had gone to the Democrats before the 1964 Civil Rights act was signed into law by a Democratic president.

Exactly.

The civil rights act broke down along regional lines, not party ones.

Now the region that fought the civil rights act is the GOP stronghold.

14 days ago
2/13/16

Welp, joe Biden had something to say about that 

14 days ago
8/31/18
madmartigan -
Pustak -
Slap Johnson -
MarcusAurelioFan -
Slap Johnson -

Northern Democrats voted 145–9 in favor of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The mass of votes against it came from Representatives of Southern states - segregationists who had been Democrats because of the legacy of the Civil War period. Two months after this vote 5 of the 6 states that went to Goldwater over LBJ were in the Deep South, including 3 that had gone to the Democrats before the 1964 Civil Rights act was signed into law by a Democratic president.

Exactly.

Wait you mean to tell me confederate pride isn't the highest in places like California and New york?! No way! That's unheard of

14 days ago
11/4/10

This has been thoroughly debunked. It is an attempt by the left to rewrite history to take eyes away from their racist past.

14 days ago
8/31/18
chad_mcjangle - Do you seriously believe racist whites vote democrat? It's a party that is openly hostile towards white interests. The 2024 democrat presidential candidate will likely endorse the idea of reparation for blacks i.e. whites must pay money to blacks on the basis of hereditary guilt for a non-crime that happened 150 years ago. The only whites who vote for the democrats are extreme cucks. Trying to make some ridiculous dinesh disouza argument just makes you look like an idiot.

When nobody even attempts t okk argue against you. You know you made a decent point

14 days ago
2/27/20

Apparently they didnt.  Trying to revise history wont change Biden into whatever you want.

Maga 2020 bitch

14 days ago
4/20/20
KZTT_MMAfan55 -

This has been thoroughly debunked. It is an attempt by the left to rewrite history to take eyes away from their racist past.

Lol.

It's cold hard fact. Y'all are good with too. You made the GOP this way.

251 nationally elected Republicans in congress and 2 of them are black. Not even 1%

14 days ago
1/1/01
Oklahoma44 - 

You guys know that this is another alt account, right?

All I know is that this guy is a damn fool that needs to go away.

Every single fucking day lately he posts this nonsense, multiple fucking times.

His account says 16. But he has only recently began doing this shit. Perhaps the original account creator is long gone, and this idiot took over the account?

I neither know nor care, I just wish this fool would either drop dead, or at least go some fucking where else.

14 days ago
1/1/01

I haven't read it, but Dinesh D'Souza has a book about this showing that there wasn't some great flip of racists leftist becoming conservatives like the left try to claim 

14 days ago
1/1/01
madmartigan - 
Slap Johnson -
MarcusAurelioFan -
Slap Johnson -

The people who fought for slavery, and their intellectual and actual descendants, also fought  the civil right act.

That's why there are Only two nationally elected black republicans. And soon when will Hurd retires, only one.

Another fucking retarded kid.

14 days ago
8/31/18
sicko -

I haven't read it, but Dinesh D'Souza has a book about this showing that there wasn't some great flip of racists leftist becoming conservatives like the left try to claim 

Except you can clearly see southern states have flipped. Facts suck

14 days ago
8/31/18
Dryfly -
madmartigan - 
Slap Johnson -
MarcusAurelioFan -
Slap Johnson -

Omg a nuclear bomb of facts and intellectual... Oh nvm he's a tard eating paste

14 days ago
1/1/01
sicko - 

D'Souza is a propagandist, and the only reason anyone believes his garbage revisionist history is because they want to so they can feel like they're on the "correct" side and the other side are dastardly evildoers.
14 days ago
11/21/05

LMAO after this Biden video!  Democrats think they own black people and "people of color".  Dems think they know what is best for them.  It's been obvious and been said for a long time now but to have it words now is priceless.

14 days ago
12/6/16
madmartigan -
Pustak -
Slap Johnson -
MarcusAurelioFan -
Slap Johnson -

Exactly.

14 days ago
4/20/20
Dryfly -
madmartigan - 
Slap Johnson -
MarcusAurelioFan -
Slap Johnson -

Solid counter argument.  You lose 

14 days ago
4/20/20
sicko -

Could nyou have come up with a less credible person to whose authority you'd like to appeal to? Lol. And you haven't read it but you're holding it up as evidence. Lol

14 days ago
1/1/01

It is not all clear cut but the OP is correct on the whole.

Lol at all the republicans on here being triggered by history. It isn't a big deal guys. Things change, including political parties

14 days ago
1/1/01

Damn the OG still thinks the Republicans are the party of Lincoln and anti-slavery. With Prager videos featuring a black woman to confirm.  You all have provided some entertainment during the pandemic but this is getting boring.

14 days ago
5/30/05

Typical lying leftist who takes zero responsibility for their racist party. 

14 days ago
1/1/01
madmartigan -
sicko -

Could nyou have come up with a less credible person to whose authority you'd like to appeal to? Lol. And you haven't read it but you're holding it up as evidence. Lol

I prefer to defer to Sowell on these things. DeSouza is a propagandist but he's not necessarily wrong. No one is ever able to refute Sowell.

14 days ago
1/1/01
truewrestler -

It is not all clear cut but the OP is correct on the whole.

Lol at all the republicans on here being triggered by history. It isn't a big deal guys. Things change, including political parties

Lol I'm not a republican but you are hoping if you repeat dumb shit enough people will believe it.

14 days ago
8/31/18
Cotton -

Why not just show us through facts. Go get some pictures of states over the years and let's see how it changed. 

Or continue bitching, moaning, kicking, screaming, whining, crying saying how unfair facts are and all that

14 days ago
2/27/20
CobraKaiRep -
Cotton -

Why not just show us through facts. Go get some pictures of states over the years and let's see how it changed. 

Or continue bitching, moaning, kicking, screaming, whining, crying saying how unfair facts are and all that

Sensei Kreese would kick your bitch ass out.