OtherGround Forums The racists jumped shipped to Republican in 1960s

7 days ago
8/31/18
Mit -
truewrestler -

It is not all clear cut but the OP is correct on the whole.

Lol at all the republicans on here being triggered by history. It isn't a big deal guys. Things change, including political parties

Lol I'm not a republican but you are hoping if you repeat dumb shit enough people will believe it.

I don't know man. Facts all point to shit changing. That is our currently accepted history. What you are jumping in with is something that's not accepted or well respected. Most of 8t revolves around the fact that because the change d idnt happen overnight it somehow means it never happened.

We can look at stats maps whatever you want. You can see a shift. Your the idiot repeating nonsense trying to rewrite history. It's sad

7 days ago
8/31/18
Tmaguru -
CobraKaiRep -
Cotton -

Typical lying leftist who takes zero responsibility for their racist party. 

Why not just show us through facts. Go get some pictures of states over the years and let's see how it changed. 

Or continue bitching, moaning, kicking, screaming, whining, crying saying how unfair facts are and all that

Sensei Kreese would kick your bitch ass out.

You'd be better of waiting for someone more intelligent to come along and tell you what to think next. Or to shape your next horrible inbred argue t

7 days ago
2/22/13

Yet lefties are ALWAYS the first to bring up racein any discussion.

7 days ago
1/1/01
madmartigan -
sicko -

I haven't read it, but Dinesh D'Souza has a book about this showing that there wasn't some great flip of racists leftist becoming conservatives like the left try to claim 

Could nyou have come up with a less credible person to whose authority you'd like to appeal to? Lol. And you haven't read it but you're holding it up as evidence. Lol

Homeslice, is that you?

I'm not citing it as evidence, I'm saying there's a book on this topic if anyone wanted to read it. I clearly stated that I haven't read it, which is why I didn't give an opinion on it. I'm only vaguely aware of who Dinesh D'Souza is, so thank you for all your evidence showing how he's not a credible person. But I'm glad you got a good laugh I guess, I wish I could be so easily amused

7 days ago
11/21/05

^^^Not Homeslice.  He's more sense.  It's Orcus

7 days ago
11/1/06

Here is a tweet chain from an actual university history professor from Princeton:

7 days ago
1/1/01
CobraKaiRep -
Mit -
truewrestler -

Lol at all the republicans on here being triggered by history. It isn't a big deal guys. Things change, including political parties

Lol I'm not a republican but you are hoping if you repeat dumb shit enough people will believe it.

I don't know man. Facts all point to shit changing. That is our currently accepted history. What you are jumping in with is something that's not accepted or well respected. Most of 8t revolves around the fact that because the change d idnt happen overnight it somehow means it never happened.

We can look at stats maps whatever you want. You can see a shift. Your the idiot repeating nonsense trying to rewrite history. It's sad

Shapiro also crushed this when he debated Cenk.  Here's a good article on it from the new York Times.

7 days ago
11/1/06
TheDorkKnight -

This lie again? Weak sauce man

https://www.prageru.com/video/why-did-the-democratic-south-become-republican/

In case you decide to ignore the video, here are the claims

1: Republicans had been co.petitive in the south since 1920s

2: only 1 of the 21 democrats that opposed the 64 Civil rights act became republican

3: Nixon lost the deep south in 1968...so much for racists voting republican

Quoting Prager U is hilarious. You do know it’s not an actual university right? 

7 days ago
1/1/01

You guys missed a few

7 days ago
11/1/06
Mit -
CobraKaiRep -
Mit -
truewrestler -

Shapiro also crushed this when he debated Cenk.  Here's a good article on it from the new York Times.

Why do you guys post people like Shapiro and D’Souza instead of you know, actual historians?

Go read up some Kevin M Kruse. It’s hilarious watching him dunk on D’Souza’s claims.

7 days ago
11/11/14

We wuz Republicanz and sheeit

7 days ago
1/1/01
LoveToChoke -
Mit -
CobraKaiRep -
Mit -
truewrestler -

Why do you guys post people like Shapiro and D’Souza instead of you know, actual historians?

Go read up some Kevin M Kruse. It’s hilarious watching him dunk on D’Souza’s claims.

Theres am article I included that had actual historians.

Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01

oops, missed another one.

7 days ago
4/25/13

Wait, are people trying to say white racists are more likely to vote Democrat? Is that a serious stance anyone is taking? David Duke is a Democrat? 

7 days ago
4/3/08

Pulling out all the damage control after that Biden video. 

7 days ago
9/22/09

Both parties go after certain demographics. Today, the Republican base is white while the Dems pursue the minority vote. That's been true for decades. It started with Woodrow Wilson and gained ground with FDR. LBJ Kicked it into high gear. 

Using Lincoln as an example of how Republicans look out for the minority interest is like saying the Dems look out for the white rural vote. What used to be true isn't necessarily true anymore. If you don't recognize that, you're being deliberately obtuse or you're wearing political blunders.

7 days ago
11/4/10
Beninger -

Pulling out all the damage control after that Biden video. 

Yeah OP got his orders from Share Blue this morning.

7 days ago
8/13/02
NewGuy82 -

Wait, are people trying to say white racists are more likely to vote Democrat? Is that a serious stance anyone is taking? David Duke is a Democrat? 

David Duke served as a Republican in the Louisiana House from 1989-92, ran as a Republican for Senate in 1990 (and received 43% of the vote in the primary) and as a Republican for governor in 1992. In February 2016 he urged people to vote for Trump, on the grounds that while Trump doesn't hate Jews, he at least wanted to close the borders.

Let's be clear that Duke is an opportunist and jumps from party to party. To their credit he has been repudiated by the Republican party leadership on multiple occasions. But he has had no affiliation with the Democrats for over 30 years, and has continually tried to appeal to Republican voters during that period. He does not in any way help your case.

7 days ago
9/20/19

Such moronic, simple-minded and immature black and white thinking. Like there’s no nuances or subjectivity in life and politics. 

7 days ago
12/2/05

As the south has gotten less racist it has become more republican.

7 days ago
1/1/01
OP, you have been lied to, just as I was.

7 days ago
7/12/03
Fake Pie - 

As the south has gotten less racist it has become more republican.

As the Democrats stopped being racist black people switched.

7 days ago
10/3/16
shen - OP, you have been lied to, just as I was.

You mean you are lying to yourself.

7 days ago
3/18/12

Democrats what's have been and always will be racist.  It's just harder to tell now.  Equal opportunity for ALL!

MAGA

7 days ago
5/7/08
You can't really espouse Identity Politics as part of your platform and not be racist.