OtherGround Forums The racists jumped shipped to Republican in 1960s

5 days ago
4/24/07
CobraKaiRep - 
David@accu -
madmartigan - 
anthonyMI -

Wanting a hard date when all the southern social conservatives went from voting for Democrats to voting for Republicans is pretty over-simplistic. Whatever that process was, it is pretty much complete by now. If you really need to have a date on when the transition was finalized, the Blue Dog Coalition getting slaughtered in the 2010 midterms and some of them becoming Republicans is where I would put it. And it is Republicans who are actively trying to cancel civil rights legislation and have succeeded in doing so.

Yes. Dave argument is just strawman smashing. 

What? You gave the time frame not me. You said " during the late 60's to the early 70's.". I didn't limit you, I allowed you the maximum amount of time with the time frame you laid out.  I could have interpreted your comment to mean 68' through 73 if I were trying to smash strawmen. Your claim was it didn't happen immediately or in total and you gave your self an aproximate time frame. I as the reader took that time frame to it's maximum which is a full decade. The only possible decade you the author of the claim, gave as a possibility. 

Anthony was kindly trying to help you walk back your dumb comment and misdirect witht he rest of it. It's sort of cute you thought the comment was towards me. 

Man you type so much bullshit. 

Why not just show electoral maps of the South over time and show how they never changed

What part of that was bullshit? I didn't even make the original claim. Blame OP for making such a dumb claim to begin with. The big switch is a myth that has been debunked so many times it's absurd people are still trying to sell it. 

Edited: 5 days ago
8/31/18
David@accu -
CobraKaiRep - 
David@accu -
madmartigan - 
anthonyMI -

Wanting a hard date when all the southern social conservatives went from voting for Democrats to voting for Republicans is pretty over-simplistic. Whatever that process was, it is pretty much complete by now. If you really need to have a date on when the transition was finalized, the Blue Dog Coalition getting slaughtered in the 2010 midterms and some of them becoming Republicans is where I would put it. And it is Republicans who are actively trying to cancel civil rights legislation and have succeeded in doing so.

What? You gave the time frame not me. You said " during the late 60's to the early 70's.". I didn't limit you, I allowed you the maximum amount of time with the time frame you laid out.  I could have interpreted your comment to mean 68' through 73 if I were trying to smash strawmen. Your claim was it didn't happen immediately or in total and you gave your self an aproximate time frame. I as the reader took that time frame to it's maximum which is a full decade. The only possible decade you the author of the claim, gave as a possibility. 

Anthony was kindly trying to help you walk back your dumb comment and misdirect witht he rest of it. It's sort of cute you thought the comment was towards me. 

Why not just show electoral maps of the South over time and show how they never changed

What part of that was bullshit? I didn't even make the original claim. Blame OP for making such a dumb claim to begin with. The big switch is a myth that has been debunked so many times it's absurd people are still trying to sell it. 

Why not show electoral maps from the past and present to prove this

If it's been so debunked why is that still the accepted history?

Why hasn't your version been accepted? Why is it you have to hear about it being debunked by the same 5 people. When the entire rest of academia sits on the other side pointing and laughing

5 days ago
8/31/18

Your bs dave and you know it. You know it. I k ow it. If you ain't going to back your nutty claims up with some evidence then stfu and sit the fuck down. You ain't dropping knowledge on mother fuckers. You live in the shadows cause you were rejected publically. 

5 days ago
2/4/06

It was 2013ish for me 

5 days ago
11/1/06
David@accu -
CobraKaiRep - 
David@accu -
madmartigan - 
anthonyMI -

The link I posted earlier to tweets by Kevin M Kruse debunks youemr claims. He has a whole bunch of names there. 

12/29/09

I don't know who jumped ship and when, They started as kkk and now to this day, all they wanna do play on race.

They literally just flipped their hustle. It didn't go anywhere.

5 days ago
4/24/07
LoveToChoke - 
David@accu -
CobraKaiRep - 
David@accu -
madmartigan - 
anthonyMI -

The link I posted earlier to tweets by Kevin M Kruse debunks youemr claims. He has a whole bunch of names there. 

He named half of what I asked Madmartigan to name. 25 people is not a "big switch" and certainly doesn't represent a siginficant amount of Democrats to begin with. Where's the other half? There should be more than 200 to supposedly name. I asked for 1/4th.  

He didn't debunk my claim at all. Democrats held almost all the southern legislature up until the 90's.  How did the republicans gain power back and why did the south become less racist as it became more republican?

As I said your silly myths like "The big switch" are easily debunked in the age of the internet. You guys can't control the narrative like you used to be able too. OP said it happened in the late 60's to early 70's. I gave him a decade and we have already proven that up until 1990 nothing had "switched" in most southern states. It certainly didn't happen before the late 1960's. You guys were still throwing rope over tree's in that era. 

OP made the claim, I'm simply asking in what decade it happened in. Ok what 2 decades did the big switch happen in? You people are too easy. 

5 days ago
8/31/18
David@accu -
LoveToChoke - 
David@accu -
CobraKaiRep - 
David@accu -
madmartigan - 
anthonyMI -

He named half of what I asked Madmartigan to name. 25 people is not a "big switch" and certainly doesn't represent a siginficant amount of Democrats to begin with. Where's the other half? There should be more than 200 to supposedly name. I asked for 1/4th.  

He didn't debunk my claim at all. Democrats held almost all the southern legislature up until the 90's.  How did the republicans gain power back and why did the south become less racist as it became more republican?

As I said your silly myths like "The big switch" are easily debunked in the age of the internet. You guys can't control the narrative like you used to be able too. OP said it happened in the late 60's to early 70's. I gave him a decade and we have already proven that up until 1990 nothing had "switched" in most southern states. It certainly didn't happen before the late 1960's. You guys were still throwing rope over tree's in that era. 

OP made the claim, I'm simply asking in what decade it happened in. Ok what 2 decades did the big switch happen in? You people are too easy. 

And yet you can't provide the simplest forms of proof or evidence.

Btw you realize individual politicians don't have to up and switch parties for this to be true. Many of the politicians just went away. And were replaced by other people elected in. You know. How elections sometimes work. These are the people that represented the south. They changed. Just like the values did.

Ffs you pseudo intellectual time wasting black hole of a person

5 days ago
8/31/18

Shit happened dave, in a way a simple man can understand. What once was blue. Is now red.

If I had a ball that was blue, and it turned red. And somebody said it changed. You really would argue that?

5 days ago
8/18/13

TTT 

5 days ago
4/1/11
TheDorkKnight -

This lie again? Weak sauce man

https://www.prageru.com/video/why-did-the-democratic-south-become-republican/

In case you decide to ignore the video, here are the claims

1: Republicans had been co.petitive in the south since 1920s

2: only 1 of the 21 democrats that opposed the 64 Civil rights act became republican

3: Nixon lost the deep south in 1968...so much for racists voting republican

They never learn. ITs the clickbate generation.

9/20/19
chad_mcjangle -
anthonyMI - 
anthonyMI -

It also tends not to be liberal democrats who like to lionize the Confederacy. That is kind of a giveaway.

This is all true, but it's important to point out a lot of " civil rights legislation " is anti-white garbage. Whites should not be discriminated against for employment or education by the government, but they are via various programs including Affirmative Action.

Republicans are "racist" party, but democrats are the anti-gentile and anti-white party.

You poor poor victim. Literal genocide. I’m shedding a tear for you as we speak. 

4/24/07
CobraKaiRep - 
David@accu -
LoveToChoke - 
David@accu -
CobraKaiRep - 
David@accu -
madmartigan - 
anthonyMI -

And yet you can't provide the simplest forms of proof or evidence.

Btw you realize individual politicians don't have to up and switch parties for this to be true. Many of the politicians just went away. And were replaced by other people elected in. You know. How elections sometimes work. These are the people that represented the south. They changed. Just like the values did.

Ffs you pseudo intellectual time wasting black hole of a person

What proof or evidence would you like? I don't know what I have said that requires any sourcing of any kind. I think it's common knowledge that dems held the southern legislature up until the 90's.

Jimmy Carter won in 76 carrying the southern states and the last time a democrat has done that. So if the big switched happened before Carter, to which Carter is evidence of that switch, how did the "racist republicans" win after Carter and then keep winning? How is it possible that in that time where republicans have been largely in charge in the south, it has gotten less racist and not more which doesn't make sense if your claim is that republicans are the racist ones. 

All I am doing is asking questions of the claim that was already made. Which is of the OP that the "Big switch happened in the late 60's to the early 70's".  I haven't actually made any claims myself This is just one of those very rare times I happen to know something about the topic and I am able to ask cohernt questions. I don't need to make any claims either as I am not the one asserting that an event called the "Big switch" happened. Since the left touts education, I'm sure the concept of logic isn't new to you. So I shouldn't need to explain why I don't need to prove a negative, right?

I'm a pseudo intellectual? That's cute. You can't even use the word properly. Why are you trying to devolve the conversation with name calling? I didn't call you or anyone else any names. Just because I'm picking apart your silly claims of trying to call republicans racists your getting upset. How about you try learning something for a change. 

5 days ago
9/20/19
chad_mcjangle - Hillbo, are you non-white or just a total cuck?

I’m saying prayers for you. The discrimination you face is insurmountable. I wouldn’t be surprised if you and your family is put into camps and slaughtered. 

5 days ago
5/30/05

Watching this TDS meltdown is glorious. 

Edited: 4 days ago
6/1/11
Tomato Can -
sicko - 

I haven't read it, but Dinesh D'Souza has a book about this showing that there wasn't some great flip of racists leftist becoming conservatives like the left try to claim 

D'Souza is a propagandist, and the only reason anyone believes his garbage revisionist history is because they want to so they can feel like they're on the "correct" side and the other side are dastardly evildoers.

D'Souza is arguably an ideal recipient of special education. Hes really stupid and socially incompetent.

4 days ago
1/1/01
Cotton -

Watching this TDS meltdown is glorious. 

If you mean your Trump Dick Sucking then sure.

This history has been discussed for decades.

4 days ago
12/26/05

The party obsessed with racial narratives, racial laws, and social control has never changed.

4 days ago
4/24/07
BigTDizzle - 
Tomato Can -
sicko - 

I haven't read it, but Dinesh D'Souza has a book about this showing that there wasn't some great flip of racists leftist becoming conservatives like the left try to claim 

D'Souza is a propagandist, and the only reason anyone believes his garbage revisionist history is because they want to so they can feel like they're on the "correct" side and the other side are dastardly evildoers.

D'Souza is arguably an ideal recipient of special education. Hes really stupid and socially incompetent.

He's a propagandist but neither of you offer any evidence that what D'Souza had said is false. There is sort of a problem with that statement, no?

D'Souza isn't making any claims either. He is simply tearing apart this silly revisionist history you people seem to think is fact because someone once told you so it was. I am 100% open to the idea of a "Big Switch" however, nobody has ever presented any evidence that such a thing took place. This is almost as bad as the argument "The bible is truth and fact because it says it's truth and fact". 

You guys are the one claiming there was a big switch. I don't need to disprove one existed. YOU need to prove it did exist because that's how logic works. I don't need to prove a negative while you do need to prove your claim. So prove to me that this happened. I'm doing my best not to call anyone names or stray off topic. If someone wishes to teach, I am willing to listen. However your going to have to respond to questions based on your assertions like I did above. You guys feel free to pick up where the others left off if you want. 

I will agree to source anything you want me too. However most of the information I know is common knowledge. If you didn't know that Jimmy Carter won in 76, there isn't much more I can do. 

I think you two misunderstand D'Souza. I don't believe he is trying to point the whole dirty end of the stick at the left. I think over time along with such myths as the "Big Switch" the left have removed themselves from history as if they were just observers. I'm sorry but Democrats have a shit history in our country. That doesn't mean Democrats are what they used to be. I am fine with the idea that overtime racists just got ran out and replaced. Someone mentioned that earlier. However that demonstrates that racists did once exist on the left.

How can you learn to not repeat history if your ignoring it existed? Some Democrats do the same thing with the internment of Japanese Americans in WW2. That was Democrats. They put innocent Japanese American in camps soley because there herritage. That was an awful, disgusting thing to do. That doesn't mean you as Tomato Can or BigTDizzle own those actions because your Democrats now.

The fact is that Democrats announced themselves the saviors of minorities. Nobody gave them that label. They wanted to change their ways and good for them. However you can't just take an erazer to history and make it seem like Democrats weren't as bad as they were. The reason they changed is as important as what they eventually became. If you start erasing history the story loses the important part of why? You want us to believe Democrats just had the foresight of equality on a whim? Ok you will have to prove that. 

So let's despense with the name calling and shit talking and just have a chat.

4 days ago
8/31/18
David@accu -
BigTDizzle - 
Tomato Can -
sicko - 

He's a propagandist but neither of you offer any evidence that what D'Souza had said is false. There is sort of a problem with that statement, no?

D'Souza isn't making any claims either. He is simply tearing apart this silly revisionist history you people seem to think is fact because someone once told you so it was. I am 100% open to the idea of a "Big Switch" however, nobody has ever presented any evidence that such a thing took place. This is almost as bad as the argument "The bible is truth and fact because it says it's truth and fact". 

You guys are the one claiming there was a big switch. I don't need to disprove one existed. YOU need to prove it did exist because that's how logic works. I don't need to prove a negative while you do need to prove your claim. So prove to me that this happened. I'm doing my best not to call anyone names or stray off topic. If someone wishes to teach, I am willing to listen. However your going to have to respond to questions based on your assertions like I did above. You guys feel free to pick up where the others left off if you want. 

I will agree to source anything you want me too. However most of the information I know is common knowledge. If you didn't know that Jimmy Carter won in 76, there isn't much more I can do. 

I think you two misunderstand D'Souza. I don't believe he is trying to point the whole dirty end of the stick at the left. I think over time along with such myths as the "Big Switch" the left have removed themselves from history as if they were just observers. I'm sorry but Democrats have a shit history in our country. That doesn't mean Democrats are what they used to be. I am fine with the idea that overtime racists just got ran out and replaced. Someone mentioned that earlier. However that demonstrates that racists did once exist on the left.

How can you learn to not repeat history if your ignoring it existed? Some Democrats do the same thing with the internment of Japanese Americans in WW2. That was Democrats. They put innocent Japanese American in camps soley because there herritage. That was an awful, disgusting thing to do. That doesn't mean you as Tomato Can or BigTDizzle own those actions because your Democrats now.

The fact is that Democrats announced themselves the saviors of minorities. Nobody gave them that label. They wanted to change their ways and good for them. However you can't just take an erazer to history and make it seem like Democrats weren't as bad as they were. The reason they changed is as important as what they eventually became. If you start erasing history the story loses the important part of why? You want us to believe Democrats just had the foresight of equality on a whim? Ok you will have to prove that. 

You can easily prove it. Look at election results from the past and present. Compare. Contrast.

The one thing I told you to do for 2 pages that you type a books worth of it shit to skip over

Cause you know your wrong

4 days ago
8/31/18
CobraKaiRep -

Shit happened dave, in a way a simple man can understand. What once was blue. Is now red.

If I had a ball that was blue, and it turned red. And somebody said it changed. You really would argue that?

Thus is phrased in a way you can understand dave. Simple for you

4 days ago
1/1/01
David@accu - 
BigTDizzle - 
Tomato Can -
sicko - 

I'm sorry, but D'Souza is a low caliber propagandist and nothing more. He's gotten particularly off the wall over the last decade or so. The only reason anyone listens to anything he has to say is because he's telling them what they want to hear. He generally provides little evidence for his assertions and presents highly misleading or outright false information. In defending him you are defending fake news.

Your assertion about "erasing history" is bizarrely backwards. The only folks erasing history is D'Souza and his supporters. Nobody denies the Democrats were the party of segregation, the party of the klan. This is established history. Yet if you compare the composition of the 2 parties today to their compositions 100 years ago, they are completely different. We can discuss the timeframe over which it happened, the events that contributed to it, and so on, but the fact that it happened is not up for debate.
4 days ago
11/1/06
Kevin M Kruse dismantled D’Souza and has done so a number of times. He also had hundreds of other actual history professors agree with him on how wrong D’Souza is.
D’Souza is not a historian and has sown a number of times that he doesn’t do history very well at all.
4 days ago
1/1/01
The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_a7dQXilCo

Get off the Democrat Plantation.

Flee from Master Joe "You Ain't Black" Biden.
4 days ago
7/22/15
David@accu -
Unkind Zuffa - 

Hope people aren't denying that it eventually changed?

If you are just arguing the date this all happened then that makes sense.

Denying what actually changed? That racist dixiecrats and republicans switched?  Read my post. When did this supposedly take place? You have no date, you have no names, but it must have happened...... right.

What evidence do you have that this ever took place? Joe Biden was a racist prior to 1975 and he's a racist today. Shouldn't he have switched? Robert Byrd? What year did he turn over his "racist card"? 

I am willing to sit here and listen to any date you want to give me as a date in which the switch happened. The problem is you have to own everything that came after the date you give me. I'm not the one making the claim, you are.  If we are using the same standards you use for Trump, Biden is disqualified from office for being a racist. Evident by his comment the other day. it never stopped, the democrats just got better at hiding it. As racist as you idiots make Trump out to be he has never "gaffed" and made any sort of comment like that to minorities.

lmao, take it easy racist.