OtherGround Forums There's literally no reason to commit suicide.

7 days ago
2/28/14

Everyone dies. Once you're dead, you're dead forever. Why rush to the finish line? You got like 40-80 years to live if you're lucky. You really need to rush to infinity? You can't handle another 30 birthdays before millions and billions and trillions of years of nothing? Pffft. Suck it up. Enjoy the misery while it's here.

7 days ago
11/21/05

Well when you put it like THAT... 

*removes guns from mouth*

7 days ago
3/20/15
dhughes - 

Well when you put it like THAT... 

*removes guns from mouth*

I'll pulled my from my anus..... But it wasn't loaded... Thanks OP.

7 days ago
1/14/09
Why so glum, Chum ?

Let me cheer you up with poetry.

Here I sit all broken hearted, I tried to shit but only farted.
7 days ago
1/1/01

When I die fuckit i wanna go to hell

Cause I'm a piece a shit it ain't hard to fuckin tell

7 days ago
11/1/03

I never really understood depression but reading many posts on it here makes me feel good that i never felt that hopeless where ending my own life was an option.

Edited: 7 days ago
5/4/14

Applying a completely rational perspective to a totally irrational condition.

Your grasp of mental illness/depression is impressive. 

7 days ago
8/21/13

Suicide is speed running life. 

Forget that filler shit in the middle. 

7 days ago
5/23/07
Straydog24 - 

Applying a completely rational perspective to a complete irrational condition.

this 

7 days ago
6/3/03
Gennady Goblin -

Everyone dies. Once you're dead, you're dead forever. Why rush to the finish line? You got like 40-80 years to live if you're lucky. You really need to rush to infinity? You can't handle another 30 birthdays before millions and billions and trillions of years of nothing? Pffft. Suck it up. Enjoy the misery while it's here.

7 days ago
9/3/14
jpm995 -

I never really understood depression but reading many posts on it here makes me feel good that i never felt that hopeless where ending my own life was an option.

The problem with depression is that most people live in denial or forget about how low they get.

Of course that lasts until their next episode or the one after and then BOOM they commit suicide.

I've seen posters here go from thinking about it (and posting about it) to never mentioning it again and nobody seems to give a fuck about following up with them. If they are happy or Ok a few weeks after then it practically never happpened. 

The way I see it committing suicide is one of the most selfish acts a human can perform.  You either leave a bunch of people sad/damaged forever or if you are the ultimate loaner you still contributed 0 to society.  I believe we are put on this earth for a reason, when you cease to exist you cannot do good or affect peope positively, it's like you took took all your life and when the going got tough you quit.

7 days ago
11/20/09

Feel blessed to have this train of thought(OP's, not mine). 

Seems logical to just ride it out.  But, when you live majority of your life with a perspective, with a code that you think morally is right, and when your world changes so much that it makes you re-think all of your beliefs, all of what's rights and what's wrongs in the world, when you have a sadness that is strong, consistent, and you can't get rid of it, it's understandable. 

Pain sucks and when you have strong pain that affects you every day, it wears on you.  Sometimes people have sad hearts that time cannot heal or that cannot bring time back, and instead of looking at it as wrong, sometimes it can be a pain reliever and the person no longer has to deal with the constant sadness.

7 days ago
3/20/15
Straydog24 - 

Applying a completely rational perspective to a totally irrational condition.

It is bad... I've had to deal with it with a daughter..... yeah, that bad.

7 days ago
3/31/14

I was close for a long time,and it still calls me.

but I couldn’t do it to my family and friends 

7 days ago
1/1/01
Chronic pain like cancer may be the only good reason to punch out early. If your quality of life is unbearable then that makes sense.

7 days ago
1/14/09
If running from life is not for you, then run from the wife when you dump your goo.

Poetry MFers
7 days ago
2/29/16

I will 100% kill myself if I am ever diagnosed with a terminal illness.  

7 days ago
3/18/14

OP just solved mental illness. Amazing

7 days ago
7/24/14

When you say suicide are you really saying marriage?

7 days ago
1/1/01
Severe pain or depression disagrees. Ive felt lost & depressed before. It’s maddening

I do not want to grow old in a nursing home.

I’ve thought about walking into the wilderness & not coming back.

Es normal
7 days ago
1/1/01

It don't make sense going to heaven with the goodie goodies

Dressed in white I like black timbs and black hoodies

God'll probably have me on some real strict shit

No sleepin all day no getting my dick licked

7 days ago
11/28/03

if u were about to be tortured, and then killed...... suicide might be a good option

7 days ago
4/10/14
Gennady Goblin -

if you have ever been around someone with a chemical imbalance in their brain you would understand. 

Example I was given is it’s like being in a burning building on the 100th floor. They would rather jump out than burn alive. 

7 days ago
8/31/11

“Let’s take a strong stance based entirely in ignorance today and back it up with a few idiotic points.”

7 days ago
1/14/09
NiteProwleR - 

It don't make sense going to heaven with the goodie goodies

Dressed in white I like black timbs and black hoodies

God'll probably have me on some real strict shit

No sleepin all day no getting my dick licked

NP is bringing the heat, Spitting lyrical fire.