OtherGround Forums Tiger Woods sued for wrongful death

6 days ago
4/17/17
http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26740827/tiger-girlfriend-named-wrongful-death-lawsuit

Tiger Woods, restaurant manager Erica Herman, who is Woods' girlfriend, and The Woods restaurant in Jupiter, Florida, are being sued for the wrongful death of an employee, who after working a shift in December drank alcohol at the restaurant before being killed in a driving accident.

Nicholas Immesberger, 24, had a blood-alcohol reading of .256, more than three times the legal limit in Florida, according to the suit filed in West Palm Beach, Florida. The lawsuit says Immesberger lost control of his car on Federal Highway in Martin County and suffered fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene on Dec. 10, 2018.

The attorneys for Immesberger's family, who filed the lawsuit, are holding a news conference at 10 a.m. ET Tuesday.

Immesberger was a bartender at The Woods, and the suit alleges that Woods, Herman and other employees were aware that Immesberger had a drinking problem but regularly overserved him during and after his work shifts.

The lawsuit alleges that Woods and Herman were "drinking with him at The Woods bar only a few nights before the fatal crash of December 10, 2018.''

Woods and Herman returned home from a trip to Australia the night of Dec. 7.

"Tiger knew, or reasonably should have known, that Immesberger was habitually addicted to the use of any or all alcoholic beverages, and/or was a habitual drunkard,'' the lawsuit says.

It is unclear if Woods or Herman were at the restaurant on Dec. 10.

Woods is playing in the PGA Championship this week at Bethpage Black in Farmingdale, New York, and was at the course early Monday to practice. His agent, Mark Steinberg, could not be reached for comment.
6 days ago
4/17/17
lol
6 days ago
6/20/11

Lol so a guy drank and drove and it’s Woods’s fault ??

Edited: 6 days ago
9/23/07

Throw the whole family into the ocean. (DUI guy) not tiger.

6 days ago
5/10/08
shaqitup - 

No... its that Woods is worth half a billion $$$$....  that's why it is his fault.

6 days ago
7/18/05

How about personal accountability and responsibility? 

6 days ago
12/17/06

Lol that's absurd. Pos drunkard.

6 days ago
1/1/01
worse than Hitler
6 days ago
1/13/11

I guess we know why he drank so much, morally bankrupt family. Do they know for certain that this dude didn’t chug a bottle of Vodka in his car directly before he left the parking lot? I’d like to know if there were cameras at the restaurant/bar and what they show. 

A deunk is gonna get drunk it’s what they do. Same with junkies and getting high. Dude that died lost control of his life and that’s sad, but unless Tiger was just pouring him drink after drink it’s not his fault 

6 days ago
1/6/10

Fuck this dudes family. That’s bullshit 

6 days ago
9/23/07
If woods was also drinking, how is he in any better position than the guy that drove?
6 days ago
1/3/18
Brockback Mountain -

Throw the whole family into the ocean. (DUI guy) not tiger.

And kill their lawyer 

6 days ago
1/1/01
somebody in America suing somebody with money for no real reason????

I don't believe it....
6 days ago
12/27/06
was in the college bar/club business (part owned a place right on Mill Ave near ASU) we ran a very tight business with drinking and working...

I seriously question Tiger Woods financial advisors/handlers to let him even have a restaurant so close to his liability in his portfolio (stock shares no control too risky of a business venture) and Definitely don't dip you pen in company ink.. Don't party with employees etc... He pulled a dumb move and it's poor management to let a person suffering from alcoholism hang around a bar its a guarantee they will ruin their life and hurt your business in the process.
6 days ago
1/1/01
I get it. The guy was a drunk and he was 100% at fault for his own death however.... a .25 is pretty darn intoxicated and if the bar continued to serve him, especially after knowing his history, then they too share in the blame of the death.

It's kind of like the same story as the frat guys who drink too much during hazing. It's their fault for drinking but someone else was supplying it.

I guess you have to ask yourself this...

What if the employee left the bar and killed someone else and the employee was absolutely financially destitute....Would anyone still think it was a dick move to sue to bar/restaurant since they are going to get nothing from the driver?

**Disclaimer** I have been hit by 4 drunk drivers.

Edited: 6 days ago
2/25/13
lionsoul -
shaqitup - 

No... its that Woods is worth half a billion $$$$....  that's why it is his fault.

I think he's over a billion 

6 days ago
5/10/08
pew pew pew - 
lionsoul -
shaqitup - 

I think he's over a billion 

All the more reason why it is his fault...

6 days ago
5/1/14

How was Woods supposed to know dude was a drunk? Most drunks dont reveal that about themselves. 

6 days ago
1/9/02

Im glad that piece of shit is dead

fuck him for getting in the car that drunk, his piece of shit family shouldn't get a dime

6 days ago
7/24/16

So fucking ridiculous that lawsuits like this even see the inside of a courtroom.

6 days ago
7/22/09
mglaw - I get it. The guy was a drunk and he was 100% at fault for his own death however.... a .25 is pretty darn intoxicated and if the bar continued to serve him, especially after knowing his history, then they too share in the blame of the death.

It's kind of like the same story as the frat guys who drink too much during hazing. It's their fault for drinking but someone else was supplying it.

What if the employee left the bar and killed someone else and the employee was absolutely financially destitute....Would anyone still think it was a dick move to sue to bar/restaurant since they are going to get nothing from the driver?

Agreed 100%

6 days ago
5/23/07
hubris - worse than Hitler

liberally worse than Hitler
6 days ago
5/23/07
I think I just made that up lol
6 days ago
2/14/10
mglaw - I get it. The guy was a drunk and he was 100% at fault for his own death however.... a .25 is pretty darn intoxicated and if the bar continued to serve him, especially after knowing his history, then they too share in the blame of the death.

He was the bartender. Who polices the guy serving the drinks?

6 days ago
4/22/07

It says they drunk together a few nights before.... So they weren't even drinking with him the night he died?