OtherGround Forums Tonight show cancels norm Macdonald appearance

5 days ago
2/14/11

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/tonight-show-cancels-norm-macdonald-metoo-722954/amp/

5 days ago
7/14/17

Just saw this. It's sad. He made a comment about his friend Rosanne. Said he spoke to her and she seemed to be remorseful. He didn't think she deserved to be fired.

The liberal mob went into full force. Social media attacked him. Started talking about how his "career was over". Jimmy Fallon tucked. 

The saddest part to me (as a huge Norm fan) was seeing Norm apologize via Twitter. That was sad.

Now his new Netflix show will most likely be pulled before it airs. Fuck these losers. 

5 days ago
7/14/17

5 days ago
9/4/08
This is the left.

5 days ago
4/8/13

What he said was totally mild, and moreover, correct. That will ruin your life these days?

5 days ago
7/5/13

Sad. I love Norm! But I never watch Jimmy Fallon anyway 

5 days ago
6/6/17
Fucking insane.
5 days ago
2/2/07

sad :-(

5 days ago
9/2/11

the new McCarthyism, no one is immune

5 days ago
7/14/17
Dropkick Joe -

This and this. Jimmy Fallon is a cringey hack. With no spine. Remember when he apologized for being nice to Trump? 

This story has me pissed. I love Norm. Been a fan as long as I can remember. Was really rooting for his new show. Hopefully Netflix doesn't overreact. 

5 days ago
12/10/09
BrowBeaten -

Nothing worse than expecting a real video and finding out it's one of these POS things.

5 days ago
1/1/01
BrowBeaten - 
Dropkick Joe -

This and this. Jimmy Fallon is a cringey hack. With no spine. Remember when he apologized for being nice to Trump? 

This story has me pissed. I love Norm. Been a fan as long as I can remember. Was really rooting for his new show. Hopefully Netflix doesn't overreact. 

I don't like Fallon but my guess is the orders to cancel Norm probably came from higher up.

5 days ago
1/1/01

I love Norm to death but he fucked up. Here’s what he said that fucked him:

“There are very few people that have gone through what they (Loius C.K. and Roseanne) have, losing everything in a day. Of course, people will go, 'What about the victims?' But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that."

5 days ago
7/14/17
scrapdo -
BrowBeaten -

Nothing worse than expecting a real video and finding out it's one of these POS things.

I'm so so sorry. Please forgive me. 

5 days ago
5/11/08

Norm is coming to my city in October to do a stand up set. I am definitely planning on being there.

5 days ago
7/14/17
pfsjkd -

“There are very few people that have gone through what they (Loius C.K. and Roseanne) have, losing everything in a day. Of course, people will go, 'What about the victims?' But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that."

In Rosanne's case, there was no victim. She made a joke about some women who looked like a monkey. Let's stop throwing the word "Victim" around so flippantly.

5 days ago
12/2/05
pfsjkd - 

In context it isn't a bad thing. Who is Roseanne's "victim"? Valerie? What did she have to go through?

Louis CK's "victims" all either consented or the one who didn't he apologized and walked away. What did they have to go through? They decided to come forward and shame him for his sexual preferences that they consented to at the time... because of the "power imbalance."

And most of them remained anonymous.
5 days ago
12/2/05
BrowBeaten - 
pfsjkd -

In Rosanne's case, there was no victim. She made a joke about some women who looked like a monkey. Let's stop throwing the word "Victim" around so flippantly.

Well Norm used the word. So it sounds bad when you say well the victim didn't have to go through that. It admits they are victims. Bad wording.
5 days ago
12/2/05
His apology is well worded:

"Roseanne and Louis have both been very good friends of mine for many years. They both made terrible mistakes and I would never defend their actions. If my words sounded like I was minimizing the pain that their victims feel to this day, I am deeply sorry."
5 days ago
1/1/01

Fuck the Left. They're ruining comedy and the world. Bunch of pansie bitches that only want to exist in a world where everyone thinks exactly like they do... Essentially a cult. 

5 days ago
7/14/17
Fake Pie -
BrowBeaten - 
pfsjkd -

Well Norm used the word. So it sounds bad when you say well the victim didn't have to go through that. It admits they are victims. Bad wording.

Fair enough I suppose 

5 days ago
8/27/11

5 days ago
8/27/11

Edited: 5 days ago
1/1/01
Fake Pie -
BrowBeaten - 
pfsjkd -

This. Whether or not you agree with or not with the legitimacy of what Loius or Roeseanne or Weinstein did or said, you cannot *publicly* compare *any* alleged victims to the accused. 

It's like if Norm had said, “I saw this fat black bitch in front of me at the grocery store. . .”. It wouldn’t matter that she was actually fat and actually black and actually a bitch. If he said it publicaly he would get crucified and he would know better than to ever say something like that in public. He should have known better in the MeToo case. 

5 days ago
8/27/11