OtherGround Forums Trader Joe’s tells woke mob to get f*cked

14 days ago
6/3/03

Fucking awesome! I want to see more and more companies doing this. Once you give an inch to the SJWs/Woke mob they smell blood in the water and it’s never enough. Best thing to do is keep on keeping on and not apologize. 

Trader Joe's defends 'racist' packaging and won't drop from stores despite reports

Grocery store chain Trader Joe’s announced that it will not be removing popular international food labels despite being attacked as “racist” over the packaging.

“A few weeks ago, an online petition was launched calling on us to ‘remove racist packaging from [our] products,’” the company said. “Following were inaccurate reports that the petition prompted us to take action. We want to be clear: we disagree that any of these labels are racist. We do not make decisions based on petitions. We make decisions based on what customers purchase, as well as the feedback we receive from our customers and Crew Members. If we feel there is need for change, we do not hesitate to take action.”

The post on the Trader Joe's website refers to previous reports that an online petition gaining over 4,000 signatures had caused them to remove international packaging such as “Trader Jose” and “Trader Ming” while defending the practice against racism claims.

The company, founded in Pasadena, California, in 1967, went on to explain that the "buying team" started using the phrases years ago as a term of endearment and respect for other cultures. 

“Recently we have heard from many customers reaffirming that these name variations are largely viewed in exactly the way they were intended — as an attempt to have fun with our product marketing,” the post continued. “We continue our ongoing evaluation, and those products that resonate with our customers and sell well will remain on our shelves.”

It had been reported earlier this month that Trader Joe’s was joining companies and brands such as Land O’LakesAunt JemimaUncle Ben’s, and several others in removing packaging or language that has been deemed racist following the civil unrest in the wake of the death of George Floyd on May 25.

14 days ago
3/16/15

Awesome if true

14 days ago
8/1/13

MAGA

14 days ago
4/27/15

Awesome.  Maybe this will piss off enough FaceBook Karens that i will be able to finding a decent parking spot next time i go

14 days ago
5/7/09

Wow that’s way ballsier than expected.  What’s a lib to do?  Love Trader Joe’s but hate being told no...

14 days ago
6/26/06
I love their Zipperhead soy sauce, glad theyre not buckling under.
14 days ago
1/1/01

Good.

I'm hoping between this and Red Bull, we're going to see some corporate resistance to wokeness

14 days ago
6/3/03
william795 -

Wow that’s way ballsier than expected.  What’s a lib to do?  Love Trader Joe’s but hate being told no...

Yeah, that statement is ballsy as fuck and should be the standard when replying to these woke terrorists who think they can bully a business into compliance. 

14 days ago
1/1/01
Trader Jose... lol.

Is he the same guy as Jose Ole? Mexican chimichanga tycoon?
Edited: 14 days ago
8/7/02

The idea that Trader Jose's is racist is moronic. 

Same thing with all the supposed "black face" that isn't actually black face but is called racism by insane people.  Dressing up like Mr. T(or whoever else) because you are a huge fan and you fucking love him so you want to imitate him for Halloween is not black face(which actually is racist) and is the opposite of racism.

But in this bizarro world dressing up like a black celebrity who you love is racism, while literally saying "black people shouldn't be expected to be capable of hard work or logical thinking because those are white traits" is somehow anti-racist.

14 days ago
6/7/08

About time.

14 days ago
1/1/01

I'm hoping offended people will stop going there. Because most of the people shopping there are annoying fucks

14 days ago
12/30/03

Imagine spending millions of dollars on branding and then actually changing it because some facebook fuckwits got bored and created a petition for e-clout. 

I look forward to the pendulum swing with this trend. It shall be fierce. 

14 days ago
1/1/01

was surprised by this, as they had a "to our black customers and crew members" on their website.

figured they would continue to bend the knee and be candy asses.

https://www.traderjoes.com/announcement/in-support-of-our-black-crew-members-and-customers

In Support of Our Black Crew Members and Customers

June 06, 2020

While what we do in our stores every day defines us, we understand this is a time to also use our voice. In this moment of heartbreaking injustice, we stand together with and share support for our Black Crew Members, customers and communities.

At Trader Joe’s we uphold the human rights and civil rights of all of our Crew Members and customers and communities. We have no tolerance for racism, discrimination, harassment or intimidation. 

We are dedicated to doing the work, every single day, to make sure Trader Joe’s is an environment that is as safe, welcoming, understanding and compassionate for our Black Crew Members and customers as for every member of our communities. We remain committed to listening, caring, acting and continuously improving.

14 days ago
11/28/09

I have a traders joe a block away.  Gonna start shopping there now.

14 days ago
1/1/01

I love Trader Joe's.  

...now I love them moar.

14 days ago
10/10/05

I'm still a registered Democrat, but all this wokeness shit has pushed me across the party line. Now I don't know if I should formally switch parties keep telling the Dems they are running the party into the ground whenever I get random calls & texts from them. 

14 days ago
11/17/10
BonedByPicograms* -

I have a traders joe a block away.  Gonna start shopping there now.

i dont shop at TJs but we have a big one by me

i just want to send them some of my $$, wihtout buying anything, to show my support and make SJW/BLMers moan

14 days ago
10/14/10

Also... who cares what four whole thousand random dipshits think?

14 days ago
1/1/01
EricM - 

The idea that Trader Jose's is racist is moronic. 

Same thing with all the supposed "black face" that isn't actually black face but is called racism by insane people.  Dressing up like Mr. T(or whoever else) because you are a huge fan and you fucking love him so you want to imitate him for Halloween is not black face(which actually is racist) and is the opposite of racism.

But in this bizarro world dressing up like a black celebrity who you love is racism, while literally saying "black people shouldn't be expected to be capable of hard work or logical thinking because those are white traits" is somehow anti-racist.

Isn't your middle paragraph the same thing that Megyn Kelly said and got her fired?

14 days ago
11/16/08

"Once you give an inch to the SJWs/Woke mob they smell blood in the water and it’s never enough."

Ain't that the truth?  

14 days ago
2/13/07
If all 4k people who signed that petition never shop at TJ again, it will cost them dozens of dollars

14 days ago
1/3/20
Finally someone tells these retards with no life to get fucked!
14 days ago
6/3/03
KaiTangata - Finally someone tells these retards with no life to get fucked!

This. 

I hope other companies take notice and start pushing back. 

14 days ago
8/9/16

Amen...

Fuck people....