OtherGround Forums Transgender? I don't care.

8/25/19 7:25 PM
3/17/03
Bilge Water - 
dabigchet -
Onikage - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/05/17/you-can-be-fined-for-not-calling-people-ze-or-hir-if-thats-the-pronoun-they-demand-that-you-use/

Why don't you care about the astronomical suicide rate of the trans community, chet?

You should probably do your research before your wife's son starts dressing up like you and throws a rope around the doorknob.

Well, this seems quite a bit different than the Canadian hate speech law, which seems to potentially criminalize mis-pronouning (or whatever).

yes, I am aware of the high rate of suicide among trans ppl. Do you think it’s because they grew up in an era that was just way too accepting of transsexuals? Thank goodness caring people like you want to bravely refer to them as “he” and proudly shout that they are mentally ill. Surely that will help them.

Remember when pre-civil rights era american blacks were killing themselves at a 40% rate? How about WW2 era German Jews?

Yeah, I don't remember that either.

The Stalwarts are on this thread like flies on shit. Ever notice how their MO largely circles around gas lighting? "What do you mean? That issue has and never did exist, you're just delusional or paranoid".

Unfortunately for chet, he isn't a stalwart - he's just a bedwetting dipshit and always has been.
Edited: 8/25/19 7:37 PM
9/10/07

What is with the weird comparison of trans people and black people? That’s twice now from two different people.

I know you guys are highly regarded devry educated psychologists but terms like “mental illness” or “psychological disorder” actually have meanings.  I’ll leave it up to professionals to determine the right categorization. But, obviously gender dysphoria is a product of the mind. 

8/25/19 8:05 PM
10/16/10
effinggoof - 
Onikage - 
dabigchet - 
Onikage -
dabigchet - 
Kanye loves fishdicks -
dabigchet -

I hate to break it to you, but you clearly care.

He says in his rant, they’ve forced him to care. That’s the fucking problem. Indifference isn’t good enough for these fucking lunatics

Who has? What circles are you guys running in where this is such a concern?

With your join date, if you were on the OG then you should be able to recall the gay marriage outrage. It was exactly like this. “Straight” OGers were being forced to acknowledge married homosexuals. 

"If this major cultural shift hasn't manifest in your own household, you shouldn't acknowledge it!"

I can't remember anyone on the OG or IRL really caring about gay marriage. It's a different topic completely.

Gay people don't share a 40-50% suicide rate, nor is the state punishing parents who don't want their elementary aged children to be gay.

Weak men wait for a major crisis to show up on their doorstep.
Chet is relativist Marxist pussy.

Lol at this ridiculous revisionist history it was the predominant culture war issue for years. There were ballot initiatives all across the country. Fucking CALIFORNIA, only 10 years ago voted to ban same sex marriage as a referendum. As a national social issue it positively DWARFS transgender concerns like pronouns or bathrooms.

were you in a coma, maybe?

We're not talking about the general public, dipshit. You mentioned OG outrage which which never existed. I can't remember anyone on the OG ever arguing that gay marriage should be illegal. If it happened, it certainly wasn't a hot button issue here.

Also, it's completely irrelevant to the subject at hand and you're borderline retarded.

Fuck off.

Plenty of people here on the OG, including me and Helwig and many others explicitly opposed gay marriage knowing that it would lead to all sorts of social evils.

Even Rev John opposed it until he sold out Jesus and went all SJW.

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. What happened to Helwig?

I would love to hear his take on what's happening in the world today.
8/25/19 9:10 PM
2/20/09
dabigchet -

What is with the weird comparison of trans people and black people? That’s twice now from two different people.

I know you guys are highly regarded devry educated psychologists but terms like “mental illness” or “psychological disorder” actually have meanings.  I’ll leave it up to professionals to determine the right categorization. But, obviously gender dysphoria is a product of the mind. 

Are you really that obtuse?

Your argument has repeatedly been that the trans suicide rate is a result of oppression.

People were simply pointing out that there has been groups who have experienced adversity who’s suicide rates don’t even come close.

Thereby invalidating your bullshit narrative.

8/25/19 9:25 PM
3/17/03
I think chet flew too close to the sun on this one.
Maybe I'm wrong and he is actually being paid by Shareblue to incite discontent.

I have a hard time believing anyone could be this brazenly retarded.
8/25/19 9:39 PM
9/10/07
donkypunch55 -
dabigchet -

Your argument has repeatedly been that the trans suicide rate is a result of oppression.

People were simply pointing out that there has been groups who have experienced adversity who’s suicide rates don’t even come close.

I’m not sure if you are aware that different words have different meanings, and that those meanings are important. But I have never said that “trans suicide rate is the result of oppression”. Much less said it “repeatedly”.

what I would say is the sort of backwoods, country bumpkin attitudes towards transgendered people championed on this site has been  the experience of most trans people. And those people have had a very high rate of suicides and other mental health issues. Further, as this issue is being studied more, there are consistent results that those trans people who have acceptance and support have lower rates of depression and suicide. I can google these for you, if needed.

So - just bear with me on this, because it’s truly a radical thought - it turns out that people who study and work with trans folks and have the most experience and knowledge might have the best approach. And, it also turns out,  the embarrassing drunk uncle blowhard approach does not have the same basis in fact. Nuts, huh?

8/25/19 10:48 PM
8/26/05
dabigchet - 
Onikage -
dabigchet - 
Onikage - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/05/17/you-can-be-fined-for-not-calling-people-ze-or-hir-if-thats-the-pronoun-they-demand-that-you-use/

Why don't you care about the astronomical suicide rate of the trans community, chet?

You should probably do your research before your wife's son starts dressing up like you and throws a rope around the doorknob.

Well, this seems quite a bit different than the Canadian hate speech law, which seems to potentially criminalize mis-pronouning (or whatever).

yes, I am aware of the high rate of suicide among trans ppl. Do you think it’s because they grew up in an era that was just way too accepting of transsexuals? Thank goodness caring people like you want to bravely refer to them as “he” and proudly shout that they are mentally ill. Surely that will help them.

I hope you're just a troll, chet. You're so beyond uninformed, it is frightening to know people like you are out there operating vehicles and whatnot.

No other unaccepted group in America has experienced a 47% suicide rate. Not slaves, not blacks, not gays.

Next?

Lol at this feigned compassion.

if you actually gave a shit about depression and suicide among trans people, wouldn’t it follow that you would support approaches that lead to less anxiety and depression among them? What mental health professionals in this space favor the oinkage “you are a MAN with a mental disorder!” approach? (Besides gay conversion therapists, of course)

The makings of self-contradictions are all here for bigolscandinavianchet…

And what mental health professionals favor pretending there is no psychological disorder in the first place?...

This is one that I have dealt with up close and my opinion has changed greatly, with experience first-hand watching someone go through it. DEEP psychological issues about SELF-ACCEPTANCE first... and of course the way others treat people has impact.

But it starts inside... and it is MORE than about GENDER - sorry but this is another lie/fantasy perpetrated by "social" scientists...

That is the interesting thing about it all actually - we pretend ALL this stuff is about GENDER and gender is just a fluid social construction (but, strangely, the 'fluid' has largely been frozen since man came out of the savannah), but it is NOT... we somehow now pretend SEX means NOTHING... and in doing so we miss A LOT.

My friend went in deep depression, NOT because she wanted to be viewed and treated as a man - that was possible.. it was possible to overcome the SOCIAL aspects.. she went into depression because she knew she could NEVER become a man (ie., the male sex)… that she would never know what it is to have a real man's body and truly BE a man.

So, play with the gender roles and play with the 'courtesy' and 'dignity' that we think folks need to create their own 'social identity'... in the end though, it doesn't address the roots that drive this issue (I charitably refrain from calling it an illness)… but it DOES make SJWs like you feel better about YOURSELF... because in the end that's the only thing u muthafuckas truly care about.
8/25/19 10:55 PM
2/2/15
dabigchet -
donkypunch55 -
dabigchet -

I’m not sure if you are aware that different words have different meanings, and that those meanings are important. But I have never said that “trans suicide rate is the result of oppression”. Much less said it “repeatedly”.

what I would say is the sort of backwoods, country bumpkin attitudes towards transgendered people championed on this site has been  the experience of most trans people. And those people have had a very high rate of suicides and other mental health issues. Further, as this issue is being studied more, there are consistent results that those trans people who have acceptance and support have lower rates of depression and suicide. I can google these for you, if needed.

So - just bear with me on this, because it’s truly a radical thought - it turns out that people who study and work with trans folks and have the most experience and knowledge might have the best approach. And, it also turns out,  the embarrassing drunk uncle blowhard approach does not have the same basis in fact. Nuts, huh?

You sure as fuck implied it HEAVILY:

"yes, I am aware of the high rate of suicide among trans ppl. Do you think it’s because they grew up in an era that was just way too accepting of transsexuals? Thank goodness caring people like you want to bravely refer to them as “he” and proudly shout that they are mentally ill. Surely that will help them"

You left yourself just enough room for plausible deniability, but we all know the difference.

I also love how you completely ignored my post calling you on your "feigned compassion" horseshit. Must have rang a little too true.

8/25/19 11:30 PM
9/10/07
Bilge Water -
dabigchet -
donkypunch55 -
dabigchet -

"yes, I am aware of the high rate of suicide among trans ppl. Do you think it’s because they grew up in an era that was just way too accepting of transsexuals? Thank goodness caring people like you want to bravely refer to them as “he” and proudly shout that they are mentally ill. Surely that will help them"

You left yourself just enough room for plausible deniability, but we all know the difference.

I also love how you completely ignored my post calling you on your "feigned compassion" horseshit. Must have rang a little too true.

Deny what?

- transsexuals exist

- they have high rates of suicide

- they have, traditionally, not being accepted

- acceptance, generally, is what mental health professionals in the field promote

- acceptance, generally leads to better outcomes

- acceptance, generally, is what most OG devry psychologists oppose, without providing any evidence or even a decent argument for their point of view.

Oppression and lack of acceptance aren’t the same thing.

Notice how plainly and simple I state my point of view. Contrast that with the lame, embarrassing, overly emotional feminine rants being directed my way. Oinkage in particular is reduced to a two sentence insult per post now, not even attempting to participate in a discussion. You know why that is? It’s because he knows he doesn’t have a good argument.

8/25/19 11:43 PM
3/17/03
dabigchet -
Bilge Water -
dabigchet -
donkypunch55 -
dabigchet -

Deny what?

- transsexuals exist

- acceptance, generally, is what mental health professionals in the field promote

- acceptance, generally, is what most OG devry psychologists oppose, without providing any evidence or even a decent argument for their point of view.

Notice how plainly and simple I state my point of view. Contrast that with the lame, embarrassing, overly emotional feminine rants being directed my way. Oinkage in particular is reduced to a two sentence insult per post now, not even attempting to participate in a discussion. You know why that is? It’s because he knows he doesn’t have a good argument.

My argument against what? I've already dismantled all of your uninformed talking points. All that's left is to repeatedly call you out for being a dishonest bed wetter.

I'm not going to get baited into your redirects and goal post relocations. Everyone here knows you're an idiot.

8/25/19 11:48 PM
9/10/07

Lol, yeah you sure dismantled when your denied that gay marriage was even a hot topic around here. 

Be a big boy and explain where I moved the goalposts. It will be good for you.

8/26/19 12:01 AM
8/26/05
dabigchet - 
Bilge Water -
dabigchet -
donkypunch55 -
dabigchet -

Deny what?

- transsexuals exist

Wrong.

"Acceptance" of what?

You clearly have no experience with the issue, so you really should just stfu.
8/26/19 12:05 AM
9/10/07
Tahiti Bo -
dabigchet - 
Bilge Water -
dabigchet -
donkypunch55 -
dabigchet -

Deny what?

- transsexuals exist

Wrong.

"Acceptance" of what?

You clearly have no experience with the issue, so you really should just stfu.

Acceptance of their identity. What am I wrong about?

8/26/19 12:13 AM
8/26/05
What mental health professionals favor pretending there is no psychological disorder in the first place?...

This is one that I have dealt with up close and my opinion has changed greatly, with experience first-hand watching someone go through it. DEEP psychological issues about SELF-ACCEPTANCE first... and of course the way others treat people has impact.

But it starts inside... and it is MORE than about GENDER - sorry but this is another lie/fantasy perpetrated by "social" scientists... at core it is not only more than about gender, it is not even about gender... it is about SEX.

That is the interesting thing about it all actually - we pretend ALL this stuff is about GENDER and gender is just a fluid social construction (but, strangely, the 'fluid' has largely been frozen since man came out of the savannah), but it is NOT it is about acceptance of biology, NOT just "social identity' and that is part of the PROBLEM that gets perpetuated by how we now just want to substitute "gender" for sex and pretend there is nothing really there because it is just a social construction that needs to be accepted anyway... we somehow now pretend SEX means NOTHING... and in doing so we miss A LOT.

My friend went in deep depression, NOT because she wanted to be viewed and treated as a man - that was possible for her.. it was possible to overcome the SOCIAL aspects.. but she went into depression because she knew she could NEVER become a man (ie., the male SEX)… that she would never know what it is to have a real man's body and truly BE a man... it drove her CRAZY, fucking crazy to the point of suicide attempts (multiple)… thank god, she made it through and now seems to be accepting her biology.

WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING HERE IS THAT EVEN WHEN MANY OF THESE FOLKS DO GET 'ACCEPTED' (IN SOME WAY) FOR THEIR IDENTITIES, OFTEN THEY NEVER ACCEPT THEMSELVES... YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT MORE HERE THAN JUST 'SOCIAL IDENTITY'... THAT IS LARGELY ACADEMIC BULLSHIT DEVELOPED FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES THAT UNFORTUNATELY HAS MOVED FROM SOCIOLOGY TO PSYCHOLOGY.

So, play with the gender roles and play with the 'courtesy' and 'dignity' that we think folks need to create their own 'social identity'... in the end though, it doesn't address the roots that drive this issue (I charitably refrain from calling it an illness)… but it DOES make SJWs like you feel better about YOURSELF... because in the end that's the only thing u muthafuckas truly care about.
8/26/19 12:20 AM
6/17/16

Transgender? Op doesn't care.

He'll still suck your dick anyways.

Edited: 8/26/19 12:26 AM
8/26/05
And to be clear. I am not saying all folks who suffer from gender/sex dysphoria should be treated the same way or not 'accepted' (whatever dabigchet means by that).

I am saying that DENYING that the central issue in most cases is biological/sex and PRETENDING it is simply gender/social identity or role playing is not only wrong, it is DANGEROUS.

Because the core ACCEPTANCE at issue here is not dabigchet saying "yes, ma'am" to a square jawed feminine-gendered person... it is THAT person ACCEPTING THEIR OWN BIOLOGY, full stop. In whatever form that takes (i.e., as a 'transgendered' person or not).

That's the CORE driver of depression and all the effects of it. The fact is a lot of people end up NOT being happy with boobs and a cock (or whatever they end up)… and the struggle is an INTERNAL one... they feel this way even if nobody knows what's underneath. It's the BIOLOGY, stupid.
8/26/19 12:35 AM
1/1/01
do whatever makes you happy.

Doesn't effect me one bit.
8/26/19 1:05 AM
2/20/09
dabigchet -
donkypunch55 -
dabigchet -

Huh?

The fuck are you babbling about?  

You asked why people are mentioning minorities in the same breath as trans people.

I answered the question.  Anything beyond that is you trying to word-avalanche your way to being “right”.

You really are an insufferable cunt.

As are most of you people.

8/26/19 7:18 AM
9/10/07
Tahiti Bo - What mental health professionals favor pretending there is no psychological disorder in the first place?...

But it starts inside... and it is MORE than about GENDER - sorry but this is another lie/fantasy perpetrated by "social" scientists... at core it is not only more than about gender, it is not even about gender... it is about SEX.

That is the interesting thing about it all actually - we pretend ALL this stuff is about GENDER and gender is just a fluid social construction (but, strangely, the 'fluid' has largely been frozen since man came out of the savannah), but it is NOT it is about acceptance of biology, NOT just "social identity' and that is part of the PROBLEM that gets perpetuated by how we now just want to substitute "gender" for sex and pretend there is nothing really there because it is just a social construction that needs to be accepted anyway... we somehow now pretend SEX means NOTHING... and in doing so we miss A LOT.

My friend went in deep depression, NOT because she wanted to be viewed and treated as a man - that was possible for her.. it was possible to overcome the SOCIAL aspects.. but she went into depression because she knew she could NEVER become a man (ie., the male SEX)… that she would never know what it is to have a real man's body and truly BE a man... it drove her CRAZY, fucking crazy to the point of suicide attempts (multiple)… thank god, she made it through and now seems to be accepting her biology.

WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING HERE IS THAT EVEN WHEN MANY OF THESE FOLKS DO GET 'ACCEPTED' (IN SOME WAY) FOR THEIR IDENTITIES, OFTEN THEY NEVER ACCEPT THEMSELVES... YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT MORE HERE THAN JUST 'SOCIAL IDENTITY'... THAT IS LARGELY ACADEMIC BULLSHIT DEVELOPED FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES THAT UNFORTUNATELY HAS MOVED FROM SOCIOLOGY TO PSYCHOLOGY.

I have no idea what you are so fired up about. I didn’t say gender dysphoria was not a disorder, or that we should pretend that it’s not, I said the categorization is best left to professionals. 

I agree with the bulk of your post, in fact. The nature of their condition/disorder leads to a difficult internal struggle. That doesn’t simply go away by greater support and acceptance. 

Beyond that, you appear to be all lathered up about things I have not said.

8/26/19 7:35 AM
10/15/13
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

See the source image

In thier defense, the public school systems failed them. 

8/26/19 12:35 PM
8/15/14
unenforceable -

vibragender is your vibrator picking it's gender

Djeeze, these people are just insane.

8/26/19 1:34 PM
8/31/10
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

See the source image

Lol!!

8/26/19 1:37 PM
1/18/12

8/26/19 1:45 PM
6/24/08
Jmh420 - 

Well said sir. Do as you please and I will do the same. Don't force your ways on me and I will not force mine on you. Do whatever you want. If it doesn't affect me or my family negatively I DONT CARE

That’s exactly how a lot of people feel about religion, perhaps there is some middle ground after all..
8/27/19 5:35 PM
8/26/05
dabigchet - 
Tahiti Bo - What mental health professionals favor pretending there is no psychological disorder in the first place?...

I have no idea what you are so fired up about. I didn’t say gender dysphoria was not a disorder, or that we should pretend that it’s not, I said the categorization is best left to professionals. 

I agree with the bulk of your post, in fact. The nature of their condition/disorder leads to a difficult internal struggle. That doesn’t simply go away by greater support and acceptance. 

Beyond that, you appear to be all lathered up about things I have not said.

Then maybe you should rethink how you articulate things. Because what you just said is not the message you send. And don't just take my word for it - look at the responses you illicit... but I guess that is really what you are going for.