OtherGround Forums Transgender? I don't care.

8/27/19 5:41 PM
6/18/19
Call a spade a spade... Most transgendered persons are seriously mentally ill... Sorry but if you're born with a penis then you're a male and if you have a vagina you're a women.. No amount of testosterone or estrogen therapy will chang that... As Ben Shapiro says, why should we ignore basic biology. Facts don't care about your feelings.. If you wanna pretend that you're something that you're not then that's your business. But don't expect me or any rational person to go along with your delusions.
8/27/19 5:54 PM
5/11/14

8/27/19 6:01 PM
9/10/07
Tahiti Bo -
dabigchet - 
Tahiti Bo - What mental health professionals favor pretending there is no psychological disorder in the first place?...

This is one that I have dealt with up close and my opinion has changed greatly, with experience first-hand watching someone go through it. DEEP psychological issues about SELF-ACCEPTANCE first... and of course the way others treat people has impact.

But it starts inside... and it is MORE than about GENDER - sorry but this is another lie/fantasy perpetrated by "social" scientists... at core it is not only more than about gender, it is not even about gender... it is about SEX.

That is the interesting thing about it all actually - we pretend ALL this stuff is about GENDER and gender is just a fluid social construction (but, strangely, the 'fluid' has largely been frozen since man came out of the savannah), but it is NOT it is about acceptance of biology, NOT just "social identity' and that is part of the PROBLEM that gets perpetuated by how we now just want to substitute "gender" for sex and pretend there is nothing really there because it is just a social construction that needs to be accepted anyway... we somehow now pretend SEX means NOTHING... and in doing so we miss A LOT.

My friend went in deep depression, NOT because she wanted to be viewed and treated as a man - that was possible for her.. it was possible to overcome the SOCIAL aspects.. but she went into depression because she knew she could NEVER become a man (ie., the male SEX)… that she would never know what it is to have a real man's body and truly BE a man... it drove her CRAZY, fucking crazy to the point of suicide attempts (multiple)… thank god, she made it through and now seems to be accepting her biology.

WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING HERE IS THAT EVEN WHEN MANY OF THESE FOLKS DO GET 'ACCEPTED' (IN SOME WAY) FOR THEIR IDENTITIES, OFTEN THEY NEVER ACCEPT THEMSELVES... YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT MORE HERE THAN JUST 'SOCIAL IDENTITY'... THAT IS LARGELY ACADEMIC BULLSHIT DEVELOPED FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES THAT UNFORTUNATELY HAS MOVED FROM SOCIOLOGY TO PSYCHOLOGY.

So, play with the gender roles and play with the 'courtesy' and 'dignity' that we think folks need to create their own 'social identity'... in the end though, it doesn't address the roots that drive this issue (I charitably refrain from calling it an illness)… but it DOES make SJWs like you feel better about YOURSELF... because in the end that's the only thing u muthafuckas truly care about.

I have no idea what you are so fired up about. I didn’t say gender dysphoria was not a disorder, or that we should pretend that it’s not, I said the categorization is best left to professionals. 

I agree with the bulk of your post, in fact. The nature of their condition/disorder leads to a difficult internal struggle. That doesn’t simply go away by greater support and acceptance. 

Beyond that, you appear to be all lathered up about things I have not said.

Then maybe you should rethink how you articulate things. Because what you just said is not the message you send. And don't just take my word for it - look at the responses you illicit... but I guess that is really what you are going for.

The thread is a feelings laden rant about transsexuals, tailor made for the OG who froths and gnashes on this topic probably more than any other. So, spare me the lecture on posting to illicit a response. That is the real, sole purpose of the thread.

He difference is, unlike the OP, or like oinkage, I’ll defend what I actually believe, and I’m willing to change my mind.

8/27/19 7:00 PM
2/8/07

Thumbs up

8/27/19 10:52 PM
2/20/09
dabigchet -
Tahiti Bo -
dabigchet - 
Tahiti Bo - What mental health professionals favor pretending there is no psychological disorder in the first place?...

This is one that I have dealt with up close and my opinion has changed greatly, with experience first-hand watching someone go through it. DEEP psychological issues about SELF-ACCEPTANCE first... and of course the way others treat people has impact.

But it starts inside... and it is MORE than about GENDER - sorry but this is another lie/fantasy perpetrated by "social" scientists... at core it is not only more than about gender, it is not even about gender... it is about SEX.

That is the interesting thing about it all actually - we pretend ALL this stuff is about GENDER and gender is just a fluid social construction (but, strangely, the 'fluid' has largely been frozen since man came out of the savannah), but it is NOT it is about acceptance of biology, NOT just "social identity' and that is part of the PROBLEM that gets perpetuated by how we now just want to substitute "gender" for sex and pretend there is nothing really there because it is just a social construction that needs to be accepted anyway... we somehow now pretend SEX means NOTHING... and in doing so we miss A LOT.

My friend went in deep depression, NOT because she wanted to be viewed and treated as a man - that was possible for her.. it was possible to overcome the SOCIAL aspects.. but she went into depression because she knew she could NEVER become a man (ie., the male SEX)… that she would never know what it is to have a real man's body and truly BE a man... it drove her CRAZY, fucking crazy to the point of suicide attempts (multiple)… thank god, she made it through and now seems to be accepting her biology.

WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING HERE IS THAT EVEN WHEN MANY OF THESE FOLKS DO GET 'ACCEPTED' (IN SOME WAY) FOR THEIR IDENTITIES, OFTEN THEY NEVER ACCEPT THEMSELVES... YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT MORE HERE THAN JUST 'SOCIAL IDENTITY'... THAT IS LARGELY ACADEMIC BULLSHIT DEVELOPED FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES THAT UNFORTUNATELY HAS MOVED FROM SOCIOLOGY TO PSYCHOLOGY.

So, play with the gender roles and play with the 'courtesy' and 'dignity' that we think folks need to create their own 'social identity'... in the end though, it doesn't address the roots that drive this issue (I charitably refrain from calling it an illness)… but it DOES make SJWs like you feel better about YOURSELF... because in the end that's the only thing u muthafuckas truly care about.

I have no idea what you are so fired up about. I didn’t say gender dysphoria was not a disorder, or that we should pretend that it’s not, I said the categorization is best left to professionals. 

I agree with the bulk of your post, in fact. The nature of their condition/disorder leads to a difficult internal struggle. That doesn’t simply go away by greater support and acceptance. 

Then maybe you should rethink how you articulate things. Because what you just said is not the message you send. And don't just take my word for it - look at the responses you illicit... but I guess that is really what you are going for.

The thread is a feelings laden rant about transsexuals, tailor made for the OG who froths and gnashes on this topic probably more than any other. So, spare me the lecture on posting to illicit a response. That is the real, sole purpose of the thread.

He difference is, unlike the OP, or like oinkage, I’ll defend what I actually believe, and I’m willing to change my mind.

Lol, says the guy firmly entrenched in team and identity politics.  The fuck outta here.

8/27/19 11:14 PM
8/26/05
dabigchet - 
Tahiti Bo -
dabigchet - 

So, to cut through your shit what you are saying is that you did post to illicit a response... I was right... you just want to be 'spared' lectures about it.

Go it.

As for defending what you believe, spare me that horseshit.. you haven't posted what you "believe"... when you got challenged by other posters you cucked up and said you only post "facts"... LOL... you are not the type to go out on limb... you prefer to throw rocks and pretend you are above the 'oinkage'...

8/28/19 8:19 AM
9/10/07
Tahiti Bo -
dabigchet - 
Tahiti Bo -
dabigchet - 

So, to cut through your shit what you are saying is that you did post to illicit a response... I was right... you just want to be 'spared' lectures about it.

Go it.

As for defending what you believe, spare me that horseshit.. you haven't posted what you "believe"... when you got challenged by other posters you cucked up and said you only post "facts"... LOL... you are not the type to go out on limb... you prefer to throw rocks and pretend you are above the 'oinkage'...

how many posts are you going to be all pissed off but be weirdly vague about what you are pissed off about?

it makes you come across as unstable, just so you know.

what, specifically, have i been "challenged" about that i "cucked" on?

i'll wait.

8/28/19 8:21 AM
9/10/07

also, to be clear tahiti bo, i am *definitely* above oinkage, by a large margin. the jury is still out on you.

8/28/19 4:26 PM
11/20/09

While I agree with much of the OP, talking about transexuals on any platform, social media, regular media, whatever, isn't needed in my opinion.

In our everyday lives, how often are we in contact with transexuals?  Me, hardly ever.  Why a group that makes up a super small % of the population gets so much attention is odd.  

I begrudgingly made this post b/c I hope other's read it and agree and in the future don't do what I did and instead just not comment.  No need for this topic to get any more attention than it already does.

Edited: 8/29/19 12:00 AM
8/26/05
<blockquote>dabigchet - <span id='userPost64709640' class='User-243754'><p>also, to be clear tahiti bo, i am *definitely* above oinkage, by a large margin. the jury is still out on you.</p></span></blockquote><br />

I don't think you have to worry about being called for jury duty... oink oink.
9/1/19 4:53 PM
3/11/19

I’m not reading that..