OtherGround Forums Trevor Milton has resigned as Executive Chairman o

9/21/20 12:26 AM
11/10/19

9/21/20 12:27 AM
1/3/20
and we should GAF because?
Edited: 9/21/20 12:51 AM
11/10/19

Really?  Fuck you kids need to turn off reality shows and live in real life!  This is about Nikola motors! "the Next TESLA".  It's a fucking Fraud company and many Mellenial Robinhood investors are going to loose there ass Tomorrow! 

Not to mention GE who just invested in it.  The CEO Creater is now MIA! LOL  (if story is TRUE) 

9/21/20 12:55 AM
2/25/06

Cool. 

9/21/20 12:56 AM
11/16/08
IamHe -

Really?  Fuck you kids need to turn off reality shows and live in real life!  This is about Nikola motors! "the Next TESLA".  It's a fucking Fraud company and many Mellenial Robinhood investors are going to loose there ass Tomorrow! 

Not to mention GE who just invested in it.  The CEO Creater is now MIA! LOL  (if story is TRUE) 

9/21/20 1:00 AM
2/4/06
IamHe -

I don't think us not being millennial Robinhood bros chasing a get rich quick investment has anything to do with reality shows. Most of us didn't worry about Thoranos, either.

9/21/20 1:02 AM
1/1/01
KaiTangata - and we should GAF because?

It's a heavy truck company going all-in on fuel cell technology. Them having issues means the tech is still difficult to monetize.

Automotive electrification and fuel cell tech is another step in telling the Mid East to fuck off.

(And I, for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords.) 

9/21/20 1:06 AM
1/3/20
IamHe -

You need to focus on bettering your own life and stop worrying about this BS! 

9/21/20 1:06 AM
11/10/19

9/21/20 3:44 AM
11/10/18
IamHe -

This is broke dick central, you’re wasting your time. 

9/21/20 3:55 AM
2/14/10

Don't fret, OP. Some of us understand the importance of this. The fucking guy was playing a shell game, hoodwinking investors and partners for years. The stock price has nearly tripled since March, due to the Tesla effect and the GM deal. This morning should be interesting at market open.

9/21/20 7:33 AM
3/25/11

So you guys are saying its not a real company?......

9/21/20 8:05 AM
2/13/16
havomaster -

So you guys are saying its not a real company?......

Que Mark 

9/21/20 8:11 AM
1/2/15

Haha 

A lot of OGers got caught thinking they'd get rich investing in companies that make 0 money. 

Hope you learned your lesson, dummies 

9/21/20 8:13 AM
11/21/05

Interesting.  And what is up with everyone riding off Nikola Tesla's name these days?

Before the company went public, few had heard of Nikola outside of the heavy-duty trucking industry. The company completed a reverse merger IPO or SPAC offering in June, which gave the company a valuation higher than Ford’s. The company has yet to mass produce a product, and all of its revenue to date came from selling solar panel installation services to Milton.

9/21/20 8:19 AM
11/21/05

The funny thing is that there wasn't anything particularly "green" about Tesla's ideas.  Wireless tranmission of electricity, while cool as shit, is horribly inefficient and a bit of a pipe dream on any sort of large scale.  His biggest contribution was his work with alternating current as a way to transfer power across distance without the loss of incurred by DC transmission.  I guess in that sense it was "greener" than having to have a power station every block but...nothing to do with battery powered vehicles (which are DC btw) or hydrogen cells.

Really his name is being used for all kinds of things that have nothing to do with him or his work.  Whatevz...

9/21/20 8:19 AM
2/14/10

It's down over 26% premarket. A death blow for a company that really has no tangible products on the market.

9/21/20 8:49 AM
1/1/01
dhughes -

The funny thing is that there wasn't anything particularly "green" about Tesla's ideas.  Wireless tranmission of electricity, while cool as shit, is horribly inefficient and a bit of a pipe dream on any sort of large scale.  His biggest contribution was his work with alternating current as a way to transfer power across distance without the loss of incurred by DC transmission.  I guess in that sense it was "greener" than having to have a power station every block but...nothing to do with battery powered vehicles (which are DC btw) or hydrogen cells.

Really his name is being used for all kinds of things that have nothing to do with him or his work.  Whatevz...

It's not supposed to be a green connection, AFAIK. The connection is that Tesla was an early inventor of the AC e-machine that both companies use to run their vehicles.

9/21/20 9:01 AM
3/16/06

My $WKHS seems to be enjoying the news. 

9/21/20 9:16 AM
9/20/19
ziggystardust -

It's a heavy truck company going all-in on fuel cell technology. Them having issues means the tech is still difficult to monetize.

Automotive electrification and fuel cell tech is another step in telling the Mid East to fuck off.

Bill gates just shit on the idea of hauling stuff with battery powered vehicles. He said batteries are too heavy for it to be practical for big wheeled vehicles. Musk said he’s wrong of course, but I’m sure there’s some truth to it. 

9/21/20 9:28 AM
3/16/06

Current-tech wet batteries, maybe. Dry chemistry batteries are just around the corner and they will be a game-changer. 

9/21/20 10:00 AM
3/16/15

This is crazy.  He must have been a fraud 

9/21/20 10:08 AM
1/1/01
HillboFrateTrane -
ziggystardust -

Bill gates just shit on the idea of hauling stuff with battery powered vehicles. He said batteries are too heavy for it to be practical for big wheeled vehicles. Musk said he’s wrong of course, but I’m sure there’s some truth to it. 

I'm not too familiar with the North American market, but in Europe the OEMs will roll out battery powered heavy long haulage trucks in 2-4 years.

European regulations require the driver to take a break every four hours, which will give you enough time to fast charge the truck. You don't need enough batteries to last a diesel tank, just those four hours. And your lifetime mileage cost will be lower. 

9/21/20 10:39 AM
9/20/19
ziggystardust -
HillboFrateTrane -
ziggystardust -

I'm not too familiar with the North American market, but in Europe the OEMs will roll out battery powered heavy long haulage trucks in 2-4 years.

European regulations require the driver to take a break every four hours, which will give you enough time to fast charge the truck. You don't need enough batteries to last a diesel tank, just those four hours. And your lifetime mileage cost will be lower. 

Europe isn’t the states.  Here everything in a lot of industries has been centralized and they rely on trucks and trains transporting their wares across the country from said areas.  

9/21/20 11:33 AM
1/1/01
HillboFrateTrane -
ziggystardust -
HillboFrateTrane -
ziggystardust -

Europe isn’t the states.  Here everything in a lot of industries has been centralized and they rely on trucks and trains transporting their wares across the country from said areas.  

Distance wise there's no difference between long haulage in the US and Europe. The question is regulation, if you can snort amphetamine and go until your tank is empty, or if you have to take breaks.