OtherGround Forums Trudeau gave 16 tonnes to China, now running out

8 days ago
12/18/08
Captain Canuck -
NorthernHospitality - 

Weird! Premier Ford reassured is today in his press conference that our nursing staff have all the PPE they need and that more is coming for Ontario.. well shit! 

Is it out there.

Our agency was looking only to have another company offer us thousands of PPEs.

They thought they may stay open during this but then decided the issue was better dealt with by shuttering for a while.

They gave it to us at cost.

Damn!!!

8 days ago
1/25/07
Captain Canuck -
Black Doug - 

He did it about 2 months ago.

I'm no Justin fan but it didn't happen today and the idea was to help stem the tide at the time.

Ya. And Canada has done a pretty good job thus far.

The thought process, and why many countries donated to china early, was to isolate the virus before it had a chance to propogate

8 days ago
2/13/11

16 tonnes of medical supplies isnt really that much. Thats like 1 shipping container.

8 days ago
1/25/07
shatefak -

16 tonnes of medical supplies isnt really that much. Thats like 1 shipping container.

ogers don't number well but they excel at posting memes of trudeau ;)

7 days ago
10/21/10
Thelonious -
shatefak -

ogers don't number well but they excel at posting memes of trudeau ;)

Totally under control guys. 

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/hospital-puts-call-out-to-public-to-donate-specific-supplies-2194676

7 days ago
10/21/10

“Canada has deployed approximately 16 tonnes of personal protective equipment, such as clothing, face shields, masks, goggles and gloves to the country since February 4, 2020”

Pffft, it’s only 35,000lbs... that’s like a couple masks and gloves. 

7 days ago
3/3/03

Another well thought out move by JT

7 days ago
8/29/08

When will eastern Canada wake up and see Trudeau hasn't done one thing that has benefited Canada as a whole.

7 days ago
1/13/04
Thelonious - 
Captain Canuck -
Black Doug - 

He did it about 2 months ago.

I'm no Justin fan but it didn't happen today and the idea was to help stem the tide at the time.

Ya. And Canada has done a pretty good job thus far.

The thought process, and why many countries donated to china early, was to isolate the virus before it had a chance to propogate

You can't say that. They are just now ramping up testing so within a week or 2, there will be a better picture to where Canada stands..
7 days ago
6/14/19

This fucked me over. I'm in healthcare. On the front line. I've already dealt with covid patients and I can't even get n95 masks to protect myself. Trudeau's policy created shortages for us at home.  Wards have started hiding their short supply of masks. Staff have started finding their own masks and bringing them in.

7 days ago
6/9/16

6 days ago
4/12/11
Taco Muncher -

The Black T-shirt and rum and coke will follow shortly.

6 days ago
9/8/02
Steve4192 - Ehhh, it looks like a pretty good investment at this point.

China is the ONLY place where quite a few medical supplies can be quickly manufactured due to most companies moving their supply chains over there. Companies either have to wait for China to start supplying them again or build new supply chains that bypass China .... and that takes time.

China is pretty clearly over the hump with regards to the virus, so in the short term their economy is going to get a huge jump start exporting medical supplies while everyone else scrambles to deal with the bug. I suspect they will remember their friends and quietly punish their enemies. Don't be surprised if/when American companies get put at the back of the queue for shipments.

All the more reason to get to work moving those fucking supply chains out of China.

manufactured with or without the CV virus that lives on crap for a week or so? LOL
6 days ago
9/8/02
How is China over the hump? It is suppose to kill 1 million Americans? They only suffered a few thousand deaths. What gives?
6 days ago
4/20/08
Richardjohnson81 -

This fucked me over. I'm in healthcare. On the front line. I've already dealt with covid patients and I can't even get n95 masks to protect myself. Trudeau's policy created shortages for us at home.  Wards have started hiding their short supply of masks. Staff have started finding their own masks and bringing them in.

Just got a job offer with the county to be an EMT, after applying months and months ago. No insurance, part time and like horrific pay, likely a  serous shortage of n95 and especially 1870 which is what I need. I told them yeah......no thanks. 

6 days ago
6/1/07
jcblass - How is China over the hump? It is suppose to kill 1 million Americans? They only suffered a few thousand deaths. What gives?

It's not going to kill a million Americans. The group who came up with those ridiculous numbers are backpedaling like crazy now that the numbers rolling in are MASSIVELY below what they predicted.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1243133211011690499

1/ This is a remarkable turn from Neil Ferguson, who led the @imperialcollege authors who warned of 500,000 UK deaths

2/ He now says both that the U.K. should have enough ICU beds and that the coronavirus will probably kill under 20,000 people in the U.K. - more than 1/2 of whom would have died by the end of the year in any case bc they were so old and sick.

3/ Essentially, what has happened is that estimates of the viruses transmissibility have increased - which implies that many more people have already gotten it than we realize - which in turn implies it is less dangerous.

4/ Ferguson now predicts that the epidemic in the U.K. will peak and subside within “two to three weeks” - last week’s paper said 18+ months of quarantine would be necessary.

5/ One last point here: Ferguson gives the lockdown credit, which is *interesting* - the UK only began ita lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work.

6/ Not surprisingly, this testimony has received no attention in the US - I found it only in UK papers. Team Apocalypse is not interested.
6 days ago
12/19/10

16 tons isn’t that much.  An 18 wheeler can typically haul 24 tons legally

2 days ago
12/18/08

Its a global pandemic ffs. quit your bitching! everyone needs help. Look whats coming our way! thank you China!
Edited: 2 days ago
12/18/08

2 days ago
1/25/04
NorthernHospitality -

Its a global pandemic ffs. quit your bitching! everyone needs help. Look whats coming our way! thank you China!

Please test the quality before using.

2 days ago
11/11/13

China has donated to other countries as well, they ended up tossing the products in the garbage as it was defective. 

2 days ago
1/25/04
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

China has donated to other countries as well, they ended up tossing the products in the garbage as it was defective. 

China sourced a shit load of QUALITY medical products from other countries before the outbreak became a pandemic, leaving other countries running low, looking for China to up their production to meet international demand. 

2 days ago
6/1/07
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 

They didn't DONATE shit. They SOLD them defective goods.
2 days ago
6/1/07
Jack Carter - 
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

China sourced a shit load of QUALITY medical products from other countries before the outbreak became a pandemic, leaving other countries running low, looking for China to up their production to meet international demand. 

Yep.

They even nationalized factories right out from under their foreign owners. It happened to a number of American companies. We'll see if they ever get their property back, or if those emergency orders stay in place and China keeps those factories. My money is on the latter.
2 days ago
3/20/15

You give 16 tonnes and what do get.....

A lota cornavirus and deeper in debt....