Invalid thread page

OtherGround Forums Trump Admin Issues New Green Card Order! MAGA!

8/12/19 9:32 PM
11/11/13

As a Canadian, this scares me. Trump is crushing it right now for the citizens of America, and this vetting process will just force these deplorables further north, where Trudeau will welcome them with open arms, a sack of cash and free everything. Yay!

8/12/19 9:36 PM
1/1/01
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Lancifer -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Altofsky -

The standards for it are not the act itself. I'm sorry you can't make this obvious differentiation.

Rather, I'm sorry you can, but won't.

The term legal immigration is meaningless without the the legalities i.e. the standards; or rather it's just immigration.  There is no differentiation.  Try a thought experiment, remove what you call the standards, what are you left with?

I'm sure there is an iteration of legal immigration that you have no problem with, but as it stands now you do. Why is that so hard for you to admit?

You are my ex!

Her: what did you think of dinner?

Me: it was awesome! The flat iron was great..could have used some more of that chimichuri...

Her: so you didn't like it?

Me: I did, it was tip-top.

Her: then why did you say you didn't like it?

Me: I didn't say that; I said it was awesome...

Her: but what about the chimichuri? Don't say you liked it if you had a problem with it!

Me: GOD DAMMIT WOMAN!

That's you in this thread, CEB.

You: I don't have a problem with legal immigration. 

Also you: here are the problems I have with legal immigration. 

This is you in this thread. 

Dammit, woman, I said the meal was great. Just because I wish it had more chimichuri doesn't mean I didn't like it. It just means more chimichuri would be nice. Why must you argue ridiculous semantic minutia?
Edited: 8/12/19 9:41 PM
6/3/09
Lancifer -
Dammit, woman, I said the meal was great. Just because I wish it had more chimichuri doesn't mean I didn't like it. It just means more chimichuri would be nice. Why must you argue ridiculous semantic minutia?

You do know no one here, including me is talking about "liking" legal immigration right?  They mean very different things.  Your attempt at a straw man is impressive and all, the humor adds some flair, but it in no way reflects the conversation.

Saying you have no problem with something and then listing the problems you have with it is in no way semantic minutia.

8/12/19 9:46 PM
1/1/01
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Lancifer -

You do know no one here, including me is talking about "liking" legal immigration right?  They mean very different things.  Your attempt at a straw man is impressive and all, the humor adds some flair, but it in no way reflects the conversation.

Saying you have no problem with something and then listing the problems you have with it is in no way semantic minutia.

You do this every time.

*sigh*

Edited: 8/12/19 9:53 PM
6/3/09
Lancifer -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Lancifer -

You do this every time.

*sigh*

Insist my position and words are accurately represented?

Yes, yes I do. 

"I have no problem with" is an absolute statement.  The number of problems has been quantified, i.e. 0.

"I like" is a subjective statement. 

Edited: 8/12/19 9:54 PM
7/28/02

just wanted to come on here to say that you all are pieces of dried up rotten shit.

What you dumb fuckers don't realize is that elderly, handicap and poor people who sought refuge in this country either had, literally nothing but the cloths on their backs when they came here, or were destitute and had very little education prior to arriving in the US. (thus making employability extremely difficult)

You pricks, like camicam, have no humanity thus making you inhumane, soulless bastards who care only for themselves. People who think that way are litterally a cancer on this earth.

One quick edit: I do realize some people will abuse the system and there needs to be checks and balances on those things but coming in here and reveling on this is fuckin lame. 

8/12/19 10:08 PM
12/10/09
Tubarao -

just wanted to come on here to say that you all are pieces of dried up rotten shit.

What you dumb fuckers don't realize is that elderly, handicap and poor people who sought refuge in this country either had, literally nothing but the cloths on their backs when they came here, or were destitute and had very little education prior to arriving in the US. (thus making employability extremely difficult)

You pricks, like camicam, have no humanity thus making you inhumane, soulless bastards who care only for themselves. People who think that way are litterally a cancer on this earth.

One quick edit: I do realize some people will abuse the system and there needs to be checks and balances on those things but coming in here and reveling on this is fuckin lame. 

Why don't you personally feed and cloth them.

Be the change you want to see in the world with your caring and giving philanthropy.

8/12/19 10:17 PM
11/11/13
DomenicVelluso -
Tubarao -

Be the change you want to see in the world with your caring and giving philanthropy.

He doesn't make enough milking the system to do so.

Do as I say, not as I do.

8/12/19 10:18 PM
12/17/06
Curtis_E_Bare -
Altofsky -

The standards for it are not the act itself. I'm sorry you can't make this obvious differentiation.

Rather, I'm sorry you can, but won't.

The term legal immigration is meaningless without the the legalities i.e. the standards; or rather it's just immigration.  There is no differentiation.  Try a thought experiment, remove what you call the standards, what are you left with?

I'm sure there is an iteration of legal immigration that you have no problem with, but as it stands now you do. Why is that so hard for you to admit?

The act and the requirements for the act are two entirely different things. 

That you refuse to acknowledge this simple fact in favor of arguing political gotchas is quite telling and frankly, sad.

8/13/19 12:25 AM
4/9/19

It sounds fair.  My wife couldn't get her visa to come here at all until I signed a contract agreeing to reimburse the government if she ended up on welfare for the next 10 years whether or not we were still together.

If the wife of a US citizen can't even get a visa until a contract is signed agreeing that she will not become a public charge, random immigrants shouldn't be able to get a green card while they are a public charge.

8/13/19 12:38 AM
5/10/08
Tubarao -

But your edit is the problem.  

These programs are used and abused by citizens.

The last thing we need are illegals using and abusing our social services.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect people who come here to be able to stand on their own feet and support and contribute to our country.

8/13/19 12:50 AM
1/25/07
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

As a Canadian, this scares me. Trump is crushing it right now for the citizens of America, and this vetting process will just force these deplorables further north, where Trudeau will welcome them with open arms, a sack of cash and free everything. Yay!

As a canadian immigrant, it scares me how little you know about your own immigration policies. 

Have you ever noticed how the majority of doctors are immigrants yet the nurses are all Canadian?

Canada, and the USA, already vette and prioritize skilled workers. This green card change affects poor people without sponsors. A refugee, for instance, would use food stamps. Which aren't sent home and go back into the USA economy but whatever. Nothing that happens in the USA will effect legal immigration in Canada.

Legal immigration is not even a problem in either country. Most experts agree that Canada needs a huge influx of immigrants (or any people) in the next 20 years or shit will go sideways so you need to open up your mind or start pounding out children ;)  

Edited: 8/13/19 1:00 AM
1/25/07
lionsoul -
Tubarao -

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect people who come here to be able to stand on their own feet and support and contribute to our country.

You have any examples? I don't doubt it is abused, but I know it's not also. My wife's family moved to the USA from South Africa, they were definitely using social assistance for years. Their children are a pediatric surgeon, an accountant, an engineer and a school teacher. One of their grandchildren is already in med school. I'd say that gamble paid off. 

The thing with social assistance, like food stamps, is the money stays in the economy. It sounds awful, like why should we pay for someone else's food, but it's not like that in reality. I would rather take an immigrant family and give them food stamps then give it to a USA citizen who had every opportunity possible and still ended up on welfare. 

8/13/19 3:25 AM
10/22/14
Thelonious -
lionsoul -
Tubarao -

You have any examples? I don't doubt it is abused, but I know it's not also. My wife's family moved to the USA from South Africa, they were definitely using social assistance for years. Their children are a pediatric surgeon, an accountant, an engineer and a school teacher. One of their grandchildren is already in med school. I'd say that gamble paid off. 

The thing with social assistance, like food stamps, is the money stays in the economy. It sounds awful, like why should we pay for someone else's food, but it's not like that in reality. I would rather take an immigrant family and give them food stamps then give it to a USA citizen who had every opportunity possible and still ended up on welfare. 

It isn't awful, it's just stupid and you don't actually feel that way. You are just saying things to make your point. If you were in a position where you needed welfare you damn well would take it rather than handing that money over to an immigrant who never paid into the system as you and your family have been for your and their whole lives.

8/13/19 3:53 AM
2/4/07
DomenicVelluso - 
Tubarao -

Why do that when he can just feel all self-righteous by demanding that the government forcibly take money from other people? Surely, he did his part, sitting on his ass and posting on the OG
8/13/19 7:16 AM
7/15/11
Thelonious -
lionsoul -
Tubarao -

So WE (because WE paid for this NOT you) paid for the kids growing up and most likely paid for their college and you don't see a problem?

Smdh

Edited: 8/13/19 8:06 AM
6/3/09
Altofsky -

The act and the requirements for the act are two entirely different things. 

That you refuse to acknowledge this simple fact in favor of arguing political gotchas is quite telling and frankly, sad.

The "act" is immigration, it is a noun.  The "requirements" or "standards" or whatever you want to call it is the "legal" part, that is an adjective.  The adjective in this case imparts all of the required rules and regulations to make the noun legal.

When you use the phrase "legal immigration" it already includes the legalities, you cannot have "legal immigration" without "legal.".  If you wish to seperate them, it's then "legal" and "immigration."

Edited: 8/13/19 8:18 AM
8/7/19

LOL, the pouty princess is still arguing.

Let me take it down to your remedial level.

The OG never said what you claim, so you start out with a false assumption.

The majority of conservatives say I have no problem with people who come here legally AND want to work to build a better life. Kind of makes sense, considering we don't support the welfare system for our own citizens doesn't it?

I know that's not as simple as liberals like things and it brings in that nasty personal responsibility you people detest, but I think even you can eventually understand the subtle nuance. (Just pretend to be a man instead of an emotionally driven liberal woman)

Now back to those colors and shapes, princess.

Le Shat

8/13/19 8:31 AM
6/3/09
Le Shat V2 - LOL, the pouty princess is still arguing.

The majority of conservatives say I have no problem with people who come here legally AND want to work to build a better life. Kind of makes sense, considering we don't support the welfare system for our own citizens doesn't it?

I know that's not as simple as liberals like things and it brings in that nasty personal responsibility you people detest, but I think even you can eventually understand the subtle nuance. (Just pretend to be a man instead of an emotionally driven liberal woman)

Le Shat

If you think you have a valid point, why do you feel the need to lie?

8/13/19 8:39 AM
8/7/19
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Le Shat V2 - LOL, the pouty princess is still arguing.

Le Shat

If you think you have a valid point, why do you feel the need to lie?

...and just like a woman, she goes full retard.

LMAO

Le Shat

#Pwnt
8/13/19 8:43 AM
6/23/12

DACA kids should have a simple path to citizenship. But I don't hate this. 

8/13/19 9:07 AM
8/1/13
Shugum -

OP is a fucking faggot.  Do you even watch MMA?

LOL. Used to watch every UFC. Haven't actively watch UFC in about 2 years. 

BTW fuckface, this is the OG, not the UG...SMARTEN UP!

8/14/19 5:25 PM
7/22/15

Just found out Camicom is an illegal alien posing as an American, fucking wet back get out of the Country.