6/17/19 11:56 PM
2/4/07

Trump: ICE to start removing ‘millions’ of ‘illegal aliens’

By Joe Tacopino

June 17, 2019 | 10:53pm | Updated

Enlarge Image

President Donald Trump

AP

President Trump said on Monday that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency will start to remove from the United States millions of immigrants who have entered the country illegally.

“Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States,” the president tweeted on Monday night.

“They will be removed as fast as they come in.”

Trump said that Mexico uses “strong immigration laws” to stop Central American migrants from entering the US. He also claimed “Guatemala is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement.”

It was not clear on Monday night whether Trump was referring to the existing deportation process or whether ICE would implement a new “removal” policy.

The “Safe-Third Agreement” would require Guatemala to accept refugees from neighboring Honduras and El Salvador. US rights group Human Rights First called the idea “simply ludicrous.”

Trump also implored the opposition party to help him confront the immigration crisis.

“The only ones who won’t do anything are the Democrats in Congress,” Trump wrote.

“They must vote to get rid of the loopholes, and fix asylum! If so, Border Crisis will end quickly!”

6/17/19 11:57 PM
2/4/07

People have said it's impossible to remove millions of people.  Guess we're about to find out...(if activists courts don't step in first)

6/17/19 11:57 PM
12/6/16

Amazing that deporting people in the country illegally is controversial.

6/18/19 12:05 AM
1/1/01
MAGA

MAGA

MAGA

MAGA

MAGA
6/18/19 12:06 AM
11/9/17
CharlesMartel -

Amazing that deporting people in the country illegally is controversial.

It's not !

Ignore the mentally ill liberals! 

6/18/19 12:08 AM
6/13/03

6/18/19 12:36 AM
10/29/13
Sogsteel -

Laughed way to hard at this

6/18/19 12:45 AM
3/16/06

6/18/19 12:56 AM
7/2/09
Sandy Pantz -

People have said it's impossible to remove millions of people.  Guess we're about to find out...(if activists courts don't step in first)

Hitler removed millions of people... it can be done, MAGA!

6/18/19 1:05 AM
1/1/01

Makes too much sense to ever happen.

6/18/19 1:12 AM
4/15/06

Adios, putos!

6/18/19 1:26 AM
10/17/06

Send um to the camps!!!!! All of um. 

Let's do this!

Maga

Edited: 6/18/19 1:34 AM
4/13/12

LOL.  More lip service for the base.  Do you guys realize how long it would take to deport just 1,000,000 people.  If you lined up a million people it would stretch over 600 miles.  Its logistically impossible to deport that many people.  Millions?  LOL.

Its like saying hes going to build a wall, it pumps people up but is never going to happen.  If you think this is even possible, call me, i have some bridges for sale.

6/18/19 1:40 AM
12/26/05
EFM -

LOL.  More lip service for the base.  Do you guys realize how long it would take to deport just 1,000,000 people.  If you lined up a million people it would stretch over 600 miles.  Its logistically impossible to deport that many people.  Millions?  LOL.

Its like saying hes going to build a wall, it pumps people up but is never going to happen.  If you think this is even possible, call me, i have some bridges for sale.

My guess is it would take several years per million.

I'm not sure this means they dont do just that though.  I guess we will see.

Edited: 6/18/19 1:58 AM
11/11/11

Trump is desperately (again) trying to deflect from his latest controversy(ies) with another bold, likely empty proclamation. A few weeks from now, when a few dozen more illegals are deported more than normal, Trump will proudly claim a huge victory ... and yes, that "millions" are now on their way back to Mexico.

He's acting like a politician who just got some really bad poll numbers ... then denied those numbers exist, then fired the people who leaked those (real) fake numbers, even though they're supposedly fake.

6/18/19 2:16 AM
9/12/05
EFM - 

The signaling is more important than the results in this case. He already got Mexico to step up and do their part in stopping the invasions, which is huge. Once he starts with the deportations, they will start scurrying instead of being so arrogant in their abuse of our society.
6/18/19 2:34 AM
2/14/10
Andersons'sPiece -

Send um to the camps!!!!! All of um. 

Let's do this!

Maga

You're lucky there isn't a minimum IQ qualification for citizenship. The fact that an idiot like you can not only live in this country, but also reproduce without restrictions, proves we have incredible freedom. 

6/18/19 2:38 AM
1/1/01

Literally hitler.

6/18/19 3:03 AM
2/9/12

GOOD

6/18/19 3:21 AM
12/25/05
About damn time.
6/18/19 3:44 AM
1/1/01
ttt
6/18/19 6:14 AM
6/3/03

Why is anyone thinking this is a bad thing? If I went to any other country in the world, crossed into that country illegally, wouldn’t assimilate and then said “I live here now” I’d get booted out with the fucking quickness at best or jailed, beaten or killed at worst. 

The US has a duty to protect its citizens from threats foreign and domestic. Illegals coming here and just doing whatever the fuck they please is a fucking travesty. 

With that said, for those illegals here that are attempting to do good for this country and its people there should possibly be a fast-track solution to citizenship but any lawbreaking, manipulation of the system for benefits or bullshit, outside of already being here illegally, and they should be gone.  

6/18/19 6:24 AM
4/19/09
EFM -

According to the statistics here https://www.ice.gov/features/ERO-2018 it looks like it would take a little under 4 years to deport a million people. Looks like we will have plenty of time to reach that goal. 

6/18/19 6:43 AM
5/27/19
Nitecrawler - 

Why is anyone thinking this is a bad thing? If I went to any other country in the world, crossed into that country illegally, wouldn’t assimilate and then said “I live here now” I’d get booted out with the fucking quickness at best or jailed, beaten or killed at worst. 

The US has a duty to protect its citizens from threats foreign and domestic. Illegals coming here and just doing whatever the fuck they please is a fucking travesty. 

With that said, for those illegals here that are attempting to do good for this country and its people there should possibly be a fast-track solution to citizenship but any lawbreaking, manipulation of the system for benefits or bullshit, outside of already being here illegally, and they should be gone.  

I think this is a reasonable post.

I personally believe the easiest way to solve the illegal immigration issue, is to place heavy fines on businesses and companies who hire them. Agriculture, Construction etc. Make the penalties so harsh that it is non cost effective and too risky to hire illegals.

If there's no work, people will not have a reason to cross our border.

I don't think any politician is willing to implement a plan like this so we will continue to deal with illegal immigration on a massive scale.
6/18/19 6:51 AM
6/6/02
EFM -

You are joking, right?

Don't line people up, that's the answer. Pack them densely on the trains.