OtherGround Forums Trump Isn't Going Anywhere

11/25/20 4:37 PM
4/27/14

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/huge-court-win-lets-trump-present-ballot-evidence-could-overturn-nevada-result

11/25/20 4:38 PM
4/27/14

He isn't going easy into that good night, is he?

11/25/20 4:54 PM
5/9/06
The Stewed Owl -

He isn't going easy into that good night, is he?

If they get traction and then eventually overturn just one of those states, it's going to cast so much more doubt in the public eye (at least on the right).

I keep hearing in my head the sound bite of Hillary saying Biden should never concede under any circumstances...seems Trump heard that message loud and clear as well.

11/25/20 5:13 PM
3/21/09
The Stewed Owl - 

https://pjmedia.com/election/matt-margolis/2020/11/25/breaking-judge-blocks-further-certification-of-pa-election-results-over-mail-in-ballot-fight-n1172409

Uhhhh.... CNN told me there is absolutely NO evidence of voter fraud, and Twitter tells me all of the time how our elections are safe from fraud. I was also informed that this was "the most secure election in history" recently, so I'm a bit confused what is going on here. Oh well, back to posting how orange man is bad, no need to investigate this further. BYE DON!
11/25/20 5:15 PM
8/16/12

11/25/20 5:18 PM
10/27/03

Create a whole bunch of smoke. As much as possible.
Claim where there is smoke, there must be fire.
Rile up your base about the obvious fire.
Take it to court and try to get judge to rule on smoke you created.
Watch as judge throws it out because you couldn't find any actual fire.
Repeat.
11/25/20 5:22 PM
3/16/06
FingerorMoon -
Repeat.

Perfect summary of the impeachment process. Good post! 

11/25/20 5:23 PM
1/1/01
Morgz -
Attila -
Morgz -

What is so terrible about letting it all shake out? 

I was around in 2000 when Gore did it, and everything was just fine.  If they prove nothing, we have our answer.  If they prove shenanigens, then it needs to be exposed, no matter how serious, or who ends up POTUS January 20th

And don't let the corrupt MSM scare you about this transition bullshit.  Biden is, can, and will do just fine transitioning into the POTUS if that's the way it shakes out.

The Bush/Gore dispute was actually legitimate, with a couple hundred votes in a single state deciding the winner and the ballots had crazy issues like "hanging chads" and shit.  In this case, Trump has filed dozens of lawsuits over multiple states alleging fraud with the flimsiest of evidence that gets laughed out of court every time.  These lawsuits vary from bickering that poll-watchers are 10 feet away instead of 6, to arguing that millions of votes should be thrown out based on the most frivolous arguments.  Here's a taste of what judges are dealing with.  Keep in mind that this is a Republican judge...

The Trump campaign’s lawsuit has already been ridiculed by one federal judge for creating a “Frankenstein’s Monster” of legal theories. Pennsylvania went a step further on Tuesday afternoon, urging a federal appellate court to put the beast out of its misery.

“If [the campaign’s] first amended complaint is like Frankenstein’s Monster, ‘haphazardly stitched together from… distinct theories in an attempt to avoid controlling precedent,’ … their proposed second amended complaint is Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, randomly re-cobbled together, even more illogical and haphazard than the first,” Pennsylvania’s assistant attorney general Keli Neary wrote in a 43-page legal brief on Tuesday.

The evocative image came courtesy of U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann on Saturday, when he eviscerated what he called Team Trump’s amalgam “strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusation.”

“In other words, Plaintiffs ask this Court to disenfranchise almost seven million voters,” Brann wrote in a 37-page opinion. “This Court has been unable to find any case in which a plaintiff has sought such a drastic remedy in the contest of an election, in terms of the sheer volume of votes asked to be invalidated. One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption, such that this Court would have no option but to regrettably grant the proposed injunctive relief despite the impact it would have on such a large group of citizens.”

Pennsylvania Urges Third Circuit to Put Trump Campaign’s ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster’ Lawsuit Out of Its Misery

So the difference is in the perceived notion that the Trump campaign's cases are not legitimate?  

Does that mean people think he just shouldn't be allowed to try the cases?   What if there is some truth to them (and it does seem as if there is some truth, aka the GA recount finding votes not even counted).  

I don't think we the public (or damn sure not the media) get to decide what is worthy of going to court and what is not.  If it's all bullshit, then it will all get shot down.    In fairness, we didn't know all of the details of Gore v Bush until they were all brought out in court.

And I don't blame Trump's legal team one bit for not showing any evidence in public.  Especially the way the media has treated that side.  That's only asking for them to push their agenda and sour public opinion even further against him.  My opinion is 100% let the courts decide, and let them decide quickly.  If it fails, then he walks out.  If there's truth and they are able to prove he was screwed over, then that is a huge problem that needs publicly exposed.  Shut it all down without letting it play out, and you have a decent percentage of the 73 million that voted for him refusing to believe legitimacy, and we'll get 4 more years of the stonewalling bs we just got, only the other way around.

The "perception" of whether they're legitimate isn't really the issue - it's the fact that every single significant claim *already has* been judged to be illegitimate by every judge that has presided over them.  The votes have already been certified in WI and PA, so it's over.  If they had any legitimate evidence, rest assured it would already have been presented in court because it no longer can have any impact at this point.

The recounts are an entirely separate issue; nobody was really complaining about that.  They happened and not nearly enough votes were affected the change the final results.

You seem to not be aware that all litigation that had any minute chance to change the results has already been decided and resoundingly lost by Trump.  Now Trump may continue to fundraise on this supposed "fight", but it's a blatant scam.  The vast majority of the donations aren't even going to this issue; they're going to pay down campaign debt, the RNC and fund Trump's future ventures.  That's easily verifiable if you just read the fine print on the donation page.

11/25/20 5:33 PM
3/4/18
BigRyana -
The Stewed Owl - 

https://pjmedia.com/election/matt-margolis/2020/11/25/breaking-judge-blocks-further-certification-of-pa-election-results-over-mail-in-ballot-fight-n1172409

Uhhhh.... CNN told me there is absolutely NO evidence of voter fraud, and Twitter tells me all of the time how our elections are safe from fraud. I was also informed that this was "the most secure election in history" recently, so I'm a bit confused what is going on here. Oh well, back to posting how orange man is bad, no need to investigate this further. BYE DON!

His link has nothing at all to do with fraud. 

Edited: 11/25/20 5:42 PM
3/4/18
Stupidnewbie -
FingerorMoon -
Repeat.

Except no judge or impartial jury was allowed to weigh in on impeachment. Nobody "threw it out" except the president's cronies, many of whom announced in advance of the trial what their verdict would be.   

Did you forget that part? 

11/25/20 5:43 PM
11/28/02
BigRyana - 
The Stewed Owl - 

Retard.
11/25/20 5:51 PM
3/16/06
Sam miller -
Stupidnewbie -
FingerorMoon -
Repeat.

Except no judge or impartial jury was allowed to weigh in on impeachment. Nobody "threw it out" except the president's cronies, many of whom announced in advance of the trial what their verdict would be.   

Senate = courtroom. Hope this helps. Now do the impartiality of, say, Roger Stone's jury! 

11/25/20 6:07 PM
10/27/03
Stupidnewbie - 
FingerorMoon -
Repeat.

Pretty much.
One side acted like delusional snowflakes unable to handle reality and now its the other sides turn to do the same
11/25/20 6:11 PM
1/1/01
The Stewed Owl - 

Any Trumper who thinks the above actions are a good thing (even though they will be unsuccessful) really doesn't like their country as much as they say they do.
11/25/20 6:15 PM
11/28/02
prof - 
The Stewed Owl - 

Any Trumper who thinks the above actions are a good thing (even though they will be unsuccessful) really doesn't like their country as much as they say they do.

lol why?
Edited: 11/25/20 6:30 PM
6/13/09
The Stewed Owl - 

Stew, you know I'm no Trump hater  (although he certainly has some personality issues he could work on), but the PA votes have already been certified. It is extremely unlikely they will be decertified. And no solid reason has yet been presented by Team Trump for decertification AFAIK.  

11/25/20 6:31 PM
5/9/06
prof -
The Stewed Owl - 

Such an incorrect thing to say on either side of the coin.  This “you don’t love the country” crap is bs from both sides. It’s incorrect, and does nothing to bolster any point of view. 

11/25/20 6:43 PM
5/9/06
Attila -
Morgz -
Attila -
Morgz -

What is so terrible about letting it all shake out? 

I was around in 2000 when Gore did it, and everything was just fine.  If they prove nothing, we have our answer.  If they prove shenanigens, then it needs to be exposed, no matter how serious, or who ends up POTUS January 20th

And don't let the corrupt MSM scare you about this transition bullshit.  Biden is, can, and will do just fine transitioning into the POTUS if that's the way it shakes out.

The Bush/Gore dispute was actually legitimate, with a couple hundred votes in a single state deciding the winner and the ballots had crazy issues like "hanging chads" and shit.  In this case, Trump has filed dozens of lawsuits over multiple states alleging fraud with the flimsiest of evidence that gets laughed out of court every time.  These lawsuits vary from bickering that poll-watchers are 10 feet away instead of 6, to arguing that millions of votes should be thrown out based on the most frivolous arguments.  Here's a taste of what judges are dealing with.  Keep in mind that this is a Republican judge...

The Trump campaign’s lawsuit has already been ridiculed by one federal judge for creating a “Frankenstein’s Monster” of legal theories. Pennsylvania went a step further on Tuesday afternoon, urging a federal appellate court to put the beast out of its misery.

“If [the campaign’s] first amended complaint is like Frankenstein’s Monster, ‘haphazardly stitched together from… distinct theories in an attempt to avoid controlling precedent,’ … their proposed second amended complaint is Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, randomly re-cobbled together, even more illogical and haphazard than the first,” Pennsylvania’s assistant attorney general Keli Neary wrote in a 43-page legal brief on Tuesday.

The evocative image came courtesy of U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann on Saturday, when he eviscerated what he called Team Trump’s amalgam “strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusation.”

“In other words, Plaintiffs ask this Court to disenfranchise almost seven million voters,” Brann wrote in a 37-page opinion. “This Court has been unable to find any case in which a plaintiff has sought such a drastic remedy in the contest of an election, in terms of the sheer volume of votes asked to be invalidated. One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption, such that this Court would have no option but to regrettably grant the proposed injunctive relief despite the impact it would have on such a large group of citizens.”

Pennsylvania Urges Third Circuit to Put Trump Campaign’s ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster’ Lawsuit Out of Its Misery

So the difference is in the perceived notion that the Trump campaign's cases are not legitimate?  

Does that mean people think he just shouldn't be allowed to try the cases?   What if there is some truth to them (and it does seem as if there is some truth, aka the GA recount finding votes not even counted).  

I don't think we the public (or damn sure not the media) get to decide what is worthy of going to court and what is not.  If it's all bullshit, then it will all get shot down.    In fairness, we didn't know all of the details of Gore v Bush until they were all brought out in court.

And I don't blame Trump's legal team one bit for not showing any evidence in public.  Especially the way the media has treated that side.  That's only asking for them to push their agenda and sour public opinion even further against him.  My opinion is 100% let the courts decide, and let them decide quickly.  If it fails, then he walks out.  If there's truth and they are able to prove he was screwed over, then that is a huge problem that needs publicly exposed.  Shut it all down without letting it play out, and you have a decent percentage of the 73 million that voted for him refusing to believe legitimacy, and we'll get 4 more years of the stonewalling bs we just got, only the other way around.

The "perception" of whether they're legitimate isn't really the issue - it's the fact that every single significant claim *already has* been judged to be illegitimate by every judge that has presided over them.  The votes have already been certified in WI and PA, so it's over.  If they had any legitimate evidence, rest assured it would already have been presented in court because it no longer can have any impact at this point.

The recounts are an entirely separate issue; nobody was really complaining about that.  They happened and not nearly enough votes were affected the change the final results.

You seem to not be aware that all litigation that had any minute chance to change the results has already been decided and resoundingly lost by Trump.  Now Trump may continue to fundraise on this supposed "fight", but it's a blatant scam.  The vast majority of the donations aren't even going to this issue; they're going to pay down campaign debt, the RNC and fund Trump's future ventures.  That's easily verifiable if you just read the fine print on the donation page.

I think the perception is exactly what the issue is. You kind of prove this by dismissing the lawsuits as already being decided against Trump. There’s more litigation scheduled for this week and next. You may in fact be right, and they may lose them all, but forgive me if I don’t take your word for it. I prefer to let the legal system play out. 

I don’t expect you to take my word for it either, but I’ll still tell you there are plenty of people pissed off and complaining about votes in GA not being counted. Doesn’t matter the amount or if it changes the result. It happened, and plenty of people think there may be more to it than what was found on that recount. I am not one of them, but I do want to know if there is more. They still havent verified signatures either. It potentially could be worse. 

im with you on the donation issue. I have not and would not donate to any candidates debt. 

11/25/20 6:44 PM
3/28/02
The Stewed Owl -

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/huge-court-win-lets-trump-present-ballot-evidence-could-overturn-nevada-result

More REEEEEEEEEing of the TARDS

11/25/20 10:28 PM
7/22/15

Cute Baby GIF - Baby - Discover & Share GIFs | Funny gif, Really funny, Funny kids

11/25/20 10:30 PM
7/22/15

Emma Willis Aww GIF by UKTV - Find & Share on GIPHY

11/25/20 10:56 PM
1/1/01
miloofcoelbren - 
prof - 
The Stewed Owl - 

lol why?

Because the nature of the legal actions brought by Trump and his team have been nakedly obvious: they are not about some puritanical love of democracy; they are naked attempts to overturn an election against the majority will of voters.

And you can't love your country if you are for that because "He's your guy" who's doing it.

Yeah, I know, the brainwashed Trumpers are incapable of admitting or seeing this. But the hypocrisy of supporting Trump at this point if you say you care about country first, given the selfish havoc he's TRYING to wreak on your democratic process, doesn't fly.
11/25/20 11:21 PM
7/12/15
JitsuGuy - And now potentially 150,000 fraudulent ballots have been found in WI so an emergency petition has been filed.

But Biden won fair and square!!!

Evidence?  

11/25/20 11:31 PM
3/4/18
Stupidnewbie - 
Sam miller -
Stupidnewbie -
FingerorMoon -
Repeat.

Senate = courtroom. Hope this helps. Now do the impartiality of, say, Roger Stone's jury! 

As I said, no judge or impartial jury was given a say, instead the verdict was rendered by Trump's cronies, many of whom announced in advance of the trial what their verdict would be. Typing "senate = courtroom" doesn't change that.

11/25/20 11:42 PM
11/28/02
prof - 
miloofcoelbren - 
prof - 
The Stewed Owl - 

lol why?

Because the nature of the legal actions brought by Trump and his team have been nakedly obvious: they are not about some puritanical love of democracy; they are naked attempts to overturn an election against the majority will of voters.

And you can't love your country if you are for that because "He's your guy" who's doing it.

Yeah, I know, the brainwashed Trumpers are incapable of admitting or seeing this. But the hypocrisy of supporting Trump at this point if you say you care about country first, given the selfish havoc he's TRYING to wreak on your democratic process, doesn't fly.

It has nothing to do with 'our' guy at all. See the difference between us and you and the rest of the fucktards is that we don't hate Biden.

The hatred for Trump is beyond anything we have ever seen and it goes beyond politics.

You and the rest of the fucktards need to look at yourself and ask yourself why. Why do you hate him so much? And I'm not using the word hate lightly. It's cancer causing.

Most people believe it was rigged and we want it to be fair whether Trump or Biden wins. If it's fair and legit then so be it.

That's why I ask about policies, not many people can tell me at least one. The reason people use 'I HATE Trump.'

Which of course is your choice too.

But you need to realise that life isn't fair. You was probably born hideous and have no prosepcts or much of anything. Your probably too lazy to work and was told most of your life that you can't do anything and you believed it. (I'm talking about the average fucktard although your probably right up there too.)

But guess what.

It's not Trumps fault.