MAGA? No?
11 days ago
8/1/13
Ramon Maroni -
Honest Lee - 
camicom -

Honest question. Are you retarded?

Honest question 

Do you wear your white hood in public or just when you masterbate in your moms basement?

Damn, did you really just equate talking about the economy to Cami being in the Klan????

Holy Shit bro, seek help for your TDS

Its all he has brother

11 days ago
8/1/13
JessDogg -

MAGA? No?

Didnt't you post something similar early last year when the market had a couple of bad days?

11 days ago
1/1/01
ksacs revenge - 
Trust -

Obama had the benefit of taking over at the trough of a depression.  Clinton had the benefit of the Internet coming in existence.  

Trump took over during a recovered economy, has had no special bump from technology, yet managed to still substantially reduce unemployment and grow jobs, including jobs that were thought to be beyond recovery.  

The charts say the markets compare with past presidents just fine.  

There's nothing wrong with facts as long as you actually understand them. 

Holy shit. Trumpism actually has someone arguing that inheriting a bad economy is easier to manage than inheriting a good economy. I would be embarrassed to be that much of a worshiper. 

What is factually inaccurate?  

The president does not "manage" the economy in the US.  

The fact of the matter is that the stock market crash in 2008 had pretty much bottomed out by the time Obama took office.  That's a coincidence. It had started recovery around March/April of 2009.  The feds threw a lot of stimulus at the economy before Obama took office and after.    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_otfwl2zc6Qc/TTHVj3ni_OI/AAAAAAAAO08/OHAElMi80fE/s1600/worldmsci.jpg

I didn't say Trump had an 'easier' time; I am alluding to the fact that EVERYONE said that Trump's plan would crash the economy, including half wits like you. You, and everyone else, were wrong. The economy didn't collapse.  There has been about a 30% rise in the stock markets since Trump took office, instead, from the 'recovered' market under Obama.  

Did people say his plan would not reduce unemployment?  Yes they did.  It happened anyway.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/03/us-economy-added-jobs-april-unemployment-fell-percent-lowest-since/

Did people laugh and claim it would take a "magic wand" to grow manufacturing jobs in the US?  Yes they did.  It happened anyway.  https://www.marketwatch.com/story/manufacturing-employment-in-the-us-is-at-the-same-level-of-69-years-ago-2019-01-04

When did the Internet take off?  It was the second half of the 90s.  By 2000 virtually anything online was heavily overvalued, producing the "tech bubble" which burst during Bush's presidency.  That had nothing to do with Bush, and the rise of Internet commerce had nothing to do with Clinton; he just managed to stay out of the way. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble#/media/File:Nasdaq_Composite_dot-com_bubble.svg

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with facts as long as you understand them.  

11 days ago
1/1/01
EFM - 
Trust -

Obama had the benefit of taking over at the trough of a depression.  Clinton had the benefit of the Internet coming in existence.  

Trump took over during a recovered economy, has had no special bump from technology, yet managed to still substantially reduce unemployment and grow jobs, including jobs that were thought to be beyond recovery.  

horseshit.  every president's inheritance is irrelevant except trumps?  c'mon man.  presidents don't get to take credit for the economy.  it's one dude.  he doesn't have that much influence.

Where did I say that?

11 days ago
1/1/01
Trust - 

"substantially reduce unemployment"

Nope. It's down by a point in a over 2 and a half years. That's not substantially reducing it. Still reducing it, but your wordings off. But let's be honest, it was going to be slower.

"grow jobs"

You know that the jobs report is revised the month after it comes out, then revised and finalized two months after the initial data, right? That means that the August report had preliminary July data, the first revision for June, and the second revision/final data for May.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS12000000

In the 5 months of 2019 in which we have finalized data, we've had a net *LOSS* of 187K jobs.

"The charts say the markets compare with past presidents just fine."

The charts say that Trump's under performing against everyone but G. W. Bush. The market is lower now than it was in Jan 2018.

There's a lot wrong with the facts unless you lie about them.
11 days ago
1/1/01
kevsh - 
Trust -

Just waiting for the inevitable stock market crash and recession to follow before I really respond to this.

Btw, have you seen the deficit lately?

Did I mention the deficit?  

I think it's a serious problem, and have for the last 35 years. Were you concerned about the deficit under Obama? 

11 days ago
1/25/04

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/14/janet-yellen-say-yield-curve-inversion-may-be-false-recession-signal-this-time.html

Janet Yellen says yield curve inversion may be false recession signal this time

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen said the markets may be wrong this time in trusting the yield curve inversion as a recession indicator.

“Historically, it has been a pretty good signal of recession, and it think that’s when markets pay attention to it, but I would really urge that on this occasion it may be a less good signal,” Yellen said on Fox Business Network. “The reason for that is there are a number of factors other than market expectations about the future path of interest rates that are pushing down long-term yields.”

The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note was at 1.623% on Wednesday, below the 2-year yield at 1.634%, causing the bond market’s main yield curve to invert and send markets plummeting. The bond market phenomenon is historically a trusty signal of an eventual recession; however, Yellen said this time may be different.

When asked if the United States is headed into a recession, Yellen said “I think the answer is most likely no. I think the U.S. economy has enough strength to avoid that, but the odds have clearly risen and they’re higher than I’m frankly comfortable with,” she said.

Yellen is not the only other former Fed chair who is weighing in on lower yields. With more than $15 trillion of government bonds trading at negative interest rates worldwide, Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said Tuesday ‘there is no barrier’ to negative yields in the U.S.

“There is international arbitrage going on in the bond market that is helping drive long-term Treasury yields lower,” Greenspan said in a phone interview with Bloomberg. “There is no barrier for U.S. Treasury yields going below zero. Zero has no meaning, beside being a certain level.”

Edited: 11 days ago
1/2/15
kevsh -
Trust -

Just waiting for the inevitable stock market crash and recession to follow before I really respond to this.

Btw, have you seen the deficit lately?

Well, there's a crash every 10 years or so 

We are due for one

10 days ago
1/1/01

After the last year of Obama's economy (2017), It sure has been a rocky ride.

10 days ago
1/1/01

Shit crashed hard on Bush's watch.  He advised for the bailouts.  500 billion if I recall correctly.  Every bank was forced by the Fed to take money, they did.  Obama took over amd they continued the bailouts.  The fed balance sheet went from 900 Bill to 4.5 trillion.  We just fucking printed money.  Bush started the bailout, Obama continued, trump is now in power.  It's the fed that fucked us then bailed us out.  

10 days ago
3/22/09
Jack Taufer -

Shit crashed hard on Bush's watch.  He advised for the bailouts.  500 billion if I recall correctly.  Every bank was forced by the Fed to take money, they did.  Obama took over amd they continued the bailouts.  The fed balance sheet went from 900 Bill to 4.5 trillion.  We just fucking printed money.  Bush started the bailout, Obama continued, trump is now in power.  It's the fed that fucked us then bailed us out.  

And trumps been mad that the fed won’t pour more money into the economy 

10 days ago
10/1/16
Jack Carter - 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/14/janet-yellen-say-yield-curve-inversion-may-be-false-recession-signal-this-time.html

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen said the markets may be wrong this time in trusting the yield curve inversion as a recession indicator.

“Historically, it has been a pretty good signal of recession, and it think that’s when markets pay attention to it, but I would really urge that on this occasion it may be a less good signal,” Yellen said on Fox Business Network. “The reason for that is there are a number of factors other than market expectations about the future path of interest rates that are pushing down long-term yields.”

The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note was at 1.623% on Wednesday, below the 2-year yield at 1.634%, causing the bond market’s main yield curve to invert and send markets plummeting. The bond market phenomenon is historically a trusty signal of an eventual recession; however, Yellen said this time may be different.

When asked if the United States is headed into a recession, Yellen said “I think the answer is most likely no. I think the U.S. economy has enough strength to avoid that, but the odds have clearly risen and they’re higher than I’m frankly comfortable with,” she said.

Yellen is not the only other former Fed chair who is weighing in on lower yields. With more than $15 trillion of government bonds trading at negative interest rates worldwide, Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said Tuesday ‘there is no barrier’ to negative yields in the U.S.

“There is international arbitrage going on in the bond market that is helping drive long-term Treasury yields lower,” Greenspan said in a phone interview with Bloomberg. “There is no barrier for U.S. Treasury yields going below zero. Zero has no meaning, beside being a certain level.”

Who cares? If the economy tanks, it will be the liberals fault, or the fed's fault, or the Chinese or whatever. But not Trump's. No way, no how.
10 days ago
1/1/01
dchi07 -
Jack Taufer -

And trumps been mad that the fed won’t pour more money into the economy 

Who doesn't like free money?

10 days ago
8/1/13
Jack Carter -

This is likely to boost the markets on Thur, and Mentally Ill Lee will be extra sad and mentally Ill.