OtherGround Forums “Trump is the most dangerous president the country

2/19/20 11:01 PM
6/3/03

...has ever known”. 

This exact sentence was stated several times during all of the debates and I’m trying to figure out exactly what that means?

Why is Trump the most dangerous president the US has ever known?

2/19/20 11:02 PM
1/1/01

because feelings...

2/19/20 11:03 PM
4/19/09

Because they cannot beat him. 

2/19/20 11:03 PM
9/13/19
Soup and Beer - 

because feelings...

and... compassion...
2/19/20 11:16 PM
6/21/13

When you say and do stupid things and you’re leading the most powerful country in the world a lot of people may consider you dangerous. 

2/19/20 11:23 PM
4/12/11

He destroyed their perfect little fantasy that the dems would rule for 1000 years. Those selfish fucks cant tell the difference between their own disappointment over losing in 2016, and the country being in actual peril.

Trump is President during the lowest unemployment (across all races and demographics), strongest ecomonic growth, and least involvement in foreign conflict. It is literally the best time in history to be alive

2/19/20 11:30 PM
3/17/03
MeNoSurrenderr - 

When you say and do stupid things and you’re leading the most powerful country in the world a lot of people may consider you dangerous. 

He's Van Helsing to the swamp monsters. Of course they believe he's dangerous.
Edited: 2/20/20 12:43 AM
1/14/07

Doesn't mean a thing. They just know if they keep repeating the same trendy phrases then they'll keep the support of the mentally ill. 

2/19/20 11:33 PM
11/4/10

Because they’re trying to win an election. Stoke fear. Things are bad. Vote for me. I will fix. 

Anybody with half a brain goes “You’re still saying this? We’re already 3 years in and things are pretty damn good.”

2/19/20 11:38 PM
5/29/18

SpunkDrops : " cause he's fighting the establishment"

But seriously, it seems he's just not what the machine wants in place, and for that reason I'm a fan

2/20/20 12:14 AM
1/1/01
They think it means he'll steer the country further right with a quasi-oligarchy/theocracy and a healthy dose of Nationalism for the next couple of decades. The world would likely follow and create the same atmosphere seen prior to previous world wars. That next conflict would then likely be precipitated by land grabs as a result of accelerating climate change.

They can be an alarmist bunch.
2/20/20 12:25 AM
1/1/01

Listen to Sam Harris' current podcast about nuclear war, how nuts the protocol is, the power it puts in Trumps hands, and the astonishingly idiotic and dangerous things Trump has said about nuclear war.

If you don't come away with any inkling of why lots of us are white-knuckling it through his presidency....you can't think too good.
Edited: 2/20/20 12:31 AM
4/13/12

Trump has been more influential on the culture of this country than probably any president I can think of.

If you like him, things have been great.  If you don't - not, as he's a serious danger to your culture.

Edited: 2/20/20 12:30 AM
1/1/01
prof - 
Listen to Sam Harris' current podcast about nuclear war, how nuts the protocol is, the power it puts in Trumps hands, and the astonishingly idiotic and dangerous things Trump has said about nuclear war.

If you don't come away with any inkling of why lots of us are white-knuckling it through his presidency....you can't think too good.

What Trump said about nuclear war is the one thing that kept me from voting for him in 2016.  A thin skin combined with a willingness to use nukes spelled disaster for me.  

However, how he has handled himself in the last three years in regards to such a danger is indicative that my fears were unfounded.  If we had gotten a President Hillary we would have been 100,000 troops deep into Syria already.   And a President McCain would have invaded Iran.

2/20/20 12:31 AM
1/30/10
prof -

LOL 

2/20/20 12:46 AM
9/13/19
BubblesNS - 

He destroyed their perfect little fantasy that the dems would rule for 1000 years. Those selfish fucks cant tell the difference between their own disappointment over losing in 2016, and the country being in actual peril.

Trump is President during the lowest unemployment (across all races and demographics), strongest ecomonic growth, and least involvement in foreign conflict. It is literally the best time in history to be alive

Fucking A. Preach on, brotha!!!
2/20/20 12:50 AM
1/1/01
PwnedCakes -
BubblesNS - 

Fucking A. Preach on, brotha!!!

Much truth.

Literally everything he does has been the end of the world x500000 over. Stfu already.

2/20/20 12:54 AM
2/14/10
prof -

So the least hawkish president of this century having the nuclear football within arms reach is worrisome to you? Do you need a safe space? Are there too many white people around you? Has Starbucks instituted a policy that allows for paid leaves of absence due to severe TDS? Ask your shift leader.

2/20/20 1:19 AM
1/1/01
IronHands - 
prof -

So the least hawkish president of this century having the nuclear football within arms reach is worrisome to you? Do you need a safe space? Are there too many white people around you? Has Starbucks instituted a policy that allows for paid leaves of absence due to severe TDS? Ask your shift leader.

Holy fuck you are stupid. I mean...just...holy fuck!

It's not simply whether his stated policies are hawkish. It's that someone so ignorant and deranged about his own superiority, along with a daily display of horrendous judgement and lack of self control, along with wondering why we can't use Nukes and upon seeing charts showing how the number of nuclear warheads in possession of the super powers have, thankfully, dropped precipitously due to treaties...the idiot keeps asking his staff over and over "Why can't I have as many bombs anymore like the other presidents?" The guy sees denuclearization as a friggin affront to his ego! He's made threats about nuking another country for talking pissy! Top advisers have said he's an absolute fucking idiot on the subject.

And when you find out how perilous the protocol is for a nuclear launch, and you put someone as narcissistic, short sighted, self-centered and taken with his own ideas over advisers who actually know the subject...any rational person would be made nervous.

If you aren't...you are blindlingly dumb. But then, the type of "MAGA yellers" in this place tend to show a similar boorishness as Trump. "Trump completes me, MAGA!" So, of course you aren't going to be able to acknowledge the problem.
2/20/20 1:31 AM
2/14/10

Wow. Get a grip, you loon.

2/20/20 1:33 AM
5/22/05

He has the maturity of a toddler

2/20/20 2:15 AM
12/17/06

Same idiots that were crying WWIII on NK and Iran. 

2/20/20 2:32 AM
6/8/10

Because they know if they say it enough their mindless drones will parrot it back, just see this place. 

2/20/20 2:40 AM
1/1/01
prof - 
IronHands - 
prof -

Holy fuck you are stupid. I mean...just...holy fuck!

It's not simply whether his stated policies are hawkish. It's that someone so ignorant and deranged about his own superiority, along with a daily display of horrendous judgement and lack of self control, along with wondering why we can't use Nukes and upon seeing charts showing how the number of nuclear warheads in possession of the super powers have, thankfully, dropped precipitously due to treaties...the idiot keeps asking his staff over and over "Why can't I have as many bombs anymore like the other presidents?" The guy sees denuclearization as a friggin affront to his ego! He's made threats about nuking another country for talking pissy! Top advisers have said he's an absolute fucking idiot on the subject.

And when you find out how perilous the protocol is for a nuclear launch, and you put someone as narcissistic, short sighted, self-centered and taken with his own ideas over advisers who actually know the subject...any rational person would be made nervous.

If you aren't...you are blindlingly dumb. But then, the type of "MAGA yellers" in this place tend to show a similar boorishness as Trump. "Trump completes me, MAGA!" So, of course you aren't going to be able to acknowledge the problem.

You are exactly the kind of low information person Trump's marketing tactics are designed for. He feeds the media an image, they package it for your consumption, you absorb it all and respond just like you're supposed to.

If you feel you're "white knuckling it" right now, it may be healthy for you to back away for a high level view of your personal attachment to politics.

2/20/20 2:45 AM
10/31/19

Unfortunately dems use terms without regard to its actual meaning, they knowingly do this to incite fear and hate. 

On the other hand they just may mean exactly what they're saying but without qualifying it. Dangerous to who? Dangerous how? My money is on dangerous to their feewwings and their party.