OtherGround Forums Trump just spoke

9/19/20 5:32 PM
12/26/05

Its clear we will see a nominee in very, very short order, and it will go up for a vote.

9/19/20 7:10 PM
12/26/05

Trump is going through all the 29 presidents that filled supreme court vacancies.

This is gonna happen, and my guess is he has the votes.

9/19/20 7:16 PM
3/1/10

Collins just said she will only support the nominee of the election winner.

Interesting strategty for someone at risk of losing their Senate seat, since this alienates all her conservative supporters back home.

Edited: 9/19/20 7:19 PM
3/23/07

Murkowski too, says she will not vote to confirm unless it is after the election.

9/19/20 7:21 PM
4/17/13
VTCO -

Interesting strategty for someone at risk of losing their Senate seat, since this alienates all her conservative supporters back home.

These RINOS don't care about keeping their seats anymore. China lined their pockets and they want out of the game with their plunder.

9/19/20 7:21 PM
9/29/13
VTCO -

At the very least the RINOs will be outed for what they are 

9/19/20 7:24 PM
1/1/01

9/19/20 7:30 PM
4/6/12

Shits about to get real. Whatever fuckery that was going to occur over this election just increased by at least tenfold

9/19/20 7:32 PM
7/14/10

Collins, Murkowski, Romney are 3 that will vote no most likely. 4th could be Toomey from PA

9/19/20 7:35 PM
12/26/05
VTCO -

My guess is they have the numbers.  What you will hear out of the peanut gallery is they felt the nomination should have waited, but they arent going to vote down a qualified candidate since one is put in front of them.

They dont have much of a choice if they want to stay in office.  There isnt a candidate on the planet that can enrage its own base, piss off the donor and remain in office.

9/19/20 7:37 PM
12/26/05
TheDorkKnight -

Shits about to get real. Whatever fuckery that was going to occur over this election just increased by at least tenfold

Unless the numbers are organized already (which I think is the case) they will vote themselves out of the party permanently.  

The evangelical wing alone would slay any future candidacy...they would feel utterly betrayed.

9/19/20 9:14 PM
3/1/10
CavemanDave -
VTCO -

My guess is they have the numbers.  What you will hear out of the peanut gallery is they felt the nomination should have waited, but they arent going to vote down a qualified candidate since one is put in front of them.

They dont have much of a choice if they want to stay in office.  There isnt a candidate on the planet that can enrage its own base, piss off the donor and remain in office.

We'll see.

John Thune is the GOP whip in the Senate and he is a very Trumpian member of Congress.

9/19/20 9:22 PM
5/22/05
Sogflop -
VTCO -

These RINOS don't care about keeping their seats anymore. China lined their pockets and they want out of the game with their plunder.

It's scary that there are people this delusional 

9/19/20 9:22 PM
1/1/01
CavemanDave - 
TheDorkKnight -

Unless the numbers are organized already (which I think is the case) they will vote themselves out of the party permanently.  

The evangelical wing alone would slay any future candidacy...they would feel utterly betrayed.

Being from Maine it's not a big evangelical state, next is that is a democratic state by nature and Collins is in a huge fight to keep her seat. The state is pretty pro choice and any scotus the might threaten this seals her fate 110%. Her hope is Trump wins or maybe she is planning on retirement in 6 years (she would be 74)

9/19/20 9:23 PM
2/22/13
TheDorkKnight -

Kinda fitting for 2020

9/19/20 9:24 PM
5/22/05
CavemanDave -
TheDorkKnight -

The evangelicals have been the dumb foot soldiers for the gop for years. They get crumbs and the gops donor gets the big policy wins. That won't change.

9/19/20 9:27 PM
3/1/10
banco -
CavemanDave -
TheDorkKnight -

The evangelicals have been the dumb foot soldiers for the gop for years. They get crumbs and the gops donor gets the big policy wins. That won't change.

Donald J. Trump is not a man of God!

9/19/20 11:19 PM
1/1/01

I'm far less concerned about the "principle" these three dolts think they are standing on than the fact that they would let all the election litigation go to a Court that could turn out 4-4 deadlocked decisions.

9/19/20 11:23 PM
1/1/01

That must not happen.  Rome will truly burn.

9/19/20 11:24 PM
5/22/05
Trust - 

I'm far less concerned about the "principle" these three dolts think they are standing on than the fact that they would let all the election litigation go to a Court that could turn out 4-4 deadlocked decisions.

Interesting that wasn't a concern in 2016.
9/19/20 11:47 PM
1/1/01
banco - 
Trust - 

Interesting that wasn't a concern in 2016.

I supported giving Garland a vote. Still "interesting"?

9/19/20 11:53 PM
4/12/04

the fuckery may actually be a good thing because it pivots away from coronavirus

9/20/20 12:06 AM
9/19/13

Edited: 9/20/20 3:04 AM
12/26/05
Val Larralde -

That must not happen.  Rome will truly burn.

Never has there been a group that so greatly overestimates its strength in violence than the current far left in the US.

Dont have the blue collar.  Dont have the cops.  Dont have the military.  Dont have the majority of male voters period...and the riotous temper tantrums in mostly deep blue cities have been much more of a function of inaction from  governors, mayors, and DAs. 

If the left truly decides to become violent, people will almost immediately stop caring when violence is thrust upon them.  We arent far from that now.

So go ahead and try to "burn rome".  See what happens.  

9/20/20 3:11 AM
7/12/12
VTCO -
banco -
CavemanDave -
TheDorkKnight -

Donald J. Trump is not a man of God!

Well when the other party is supporting harvesting organs from live babies...there's no other choice really.