OtherGround Forums Trump orders private biz how to conduct biz

26 days ago
11/20/13

God  damn, Trump is off the deep end...even further. Who put this wreck in charge?

26 days ago
11/11/11
Curtis_E_Bare -

Lol this reminds me of The Office

Michael Scott: I declare... BANKRUPTCY!

Oscar: I just wanted you to know that you can't just say the word "bankruptcy" and expect anything to happen.

Michael Scott: I didn't say it. I declared it.

Ha ha, that's exactly what I thought of!

If only there was an Oscar in the White House to tell Tariffs In Chief that he can't "order" business to stop dealing with China.

Then again, if only Trump wasn't really the President, he was just playing one in a sitcom.

26 days ago
7/26/07
Sounds like Freedom to me!
Edited: 26 days ago
9/1/09
SalaciousCrumb -

That’s not a MAGA hat. Looks like some

cheap rip off. Try again cock sucker. 

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/official-donald-trump-make-america-great-again-cap-red/?utm_medium=ad&utm_source=dp_googlesearch&utm_campaign=20190523_na_store_djt_tmagacmerch_ocpmypur_bh_audience0001_na_copy00068_us_b_18-99_gsn_all_na_lp0005_shop_conversion_search_na_na_na&utm_content=sto&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvabyvuZ5AIVhIbACh1-1QH7EAAYASAAEgLQ0fD_BwE

26 days ago
5/13/11
AnthonyWeiner -
Elon's Musk - 

Imagine a POTUS you didn't support saying something unilateraly and without debate or due process like "Our great American companies are hereby ordered to ___", when they have no authority to issue such an order.

Imagine that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Rattner

Are you equating this to cash for clunkers? 

26 days ago
5/13/11
Curtis_E_Bare -

Lol this reminds me of The Office

Michael Scott: I declare... BANKRUPTCY!

Oscar: I just wanted you to know that you can't just say the word "bankruptcy" and expect anything to happen.

Michael Scott: I didn't say it. I declared it.

Winner

26 days ago
12/3/10
ThinkMMA -
SalaciousCrumb -

That’s not a MAGA hat. Looks like some

cheap rip off. Try again cock sucker. 

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/official-donald-trump-make-america-great-again-cap-red/?utm_medium=ad&utm_source=dp_googlesearch&utm_campaign=20190523_na_store_djt_tmagacmerch_ocpmypur_bh_audience0001_na_copy00068_us_b_18-99_gsn_all_na_lp0005_shop_conversion_search_na_na_na&utm_content=sto&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvabyvuZ5AIVhIbACh1-1QH7EAAYASAAEgLQ0fD_BwE

Rope hat.

LOL.  You look like a loser even if the hat has no words on it.

26 days ago
7/18/16

I read it as Trump saying

"US Companies need to plan for changes in their supply chain, because I want the option of sanctioning China BIG TIME in the future."

Its a warning. He knows he can't command business to do anything.

26 days ago
3/3/14
Curtis_E_Bare -

The real question here is why does he bother with executive orders, when he can "hereby ordered" via Twitter?

Fucking hilarious. 

26 days ago
5/24/17

I guess some of you don't see the issue with jack lying when testifying previously.

26 days ago
12/29/18

The Chinese government has a policy that pushes fentany into America to destabilize our country.

China has the longest track record for stealing intellectual property from the US and other western nations.

China has hegemonic ambitions that were allowed to flourish during Obama’s tenure, resulting in chinas incursion into the pacific, creation of a blue water navy which is strikingly similar to imperial Japan before WWII.

china is the the primary reason there is mass poaching in africa

China is fighting to become the only world super power

China believes America is enslaved to cheap Chinese products.

Fuck them, and thank goodness we have a leader that recognizes this and is actually taking action.

This may hurt the stock market in the short term, but in 20, 30, 50 years we will look back and breath a sigh of relief.

fucking hate that country. Studied college there and worked there afterwards. Worst fucking place on earth 

26 days ago
1/1/01
ELam -

"US Companies need to plan for changes in their supply chain, because I want the option of sanctioning China BIG TIME in the future."

I like how we need people to explain what Trump really meant all the time

Sort of weird for a president that "tells it like it is"

26 days ago
10/2/12

Is this the shariablue the sky is falling thread of the day?

26 days ago
3/15/06
jimmy23 - 
ELam -

I like how we need people to explain what Trump really meant all the time

Sort of weird for a president that "tells it like it is"

It's only explained to the people who apparently can only hear imperceptible dog whistles.
26 days ago
3/15/06
bakobell - 

It is absolutely part of their "push that there is a recession coming" agenda.
26 days ago
5/13/11
CuddleBug -
bakobell - 

From the same party that ignored the warning signs last time. Way to learn from your mistakes guys. You'll show em this time around! 

26 days ago
9/16/02
Bret Kavanaugh -

The Chinese government has a policy that pushes fentany into America to destabilize our country.

China has the longest track record for stealing intellectual property from the US and other western nations.

China has hegemonic ambitions that were allowed to flourish during Obama’s tenure, resulting in chinas incursion into the pacific, creation of a blue water navy which is strikingly similar to imperial Japan before WWII.

Fuck them, and thank goodness we have a leader that recognizes this and is actually taking action.

This may hurt the stock market in the short term, but in 20, 30, 50 years we will look back and breath a sigh of relief.

fucking hate that country. Studied college there and worked there afterwards. Worst fucking place on earth 

How is this hurting in godsname going to fix the issues you mentioned (most of them true btw), tarrifs are only hurting the common people nothing more. Your leader is making this an ego issue, he is out of control.

26 days ago
10/2/12
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
CuddleBug -
bakobell - 

From the same party that ignored the warning signs last time. Way to learn from your mistakes guys. You'll show em this time around! 

Tell me more about the subprime loans mandated by the dems

26 days ago
3/9/13

In for OG ""small government libertarians"" to defend another authoritarian action by our president. 

26 days ago
9/14/10
SalaciousCrumb -

This about sums up all Trumps idiotic bull...

26 days ago
9/27/07
Hamilton Grey -
SalaciousCrumb -

This about sums up all Trumps idiotic bull...

Except that hat is not one sold by Trump.... try again...

Edited: 26 days ago
7/25/08

The real thing that's a crying shame is that no one until now has thought to put together a Trans-Pacific trading block that could be used to block China's regional hegemony and put economic pressure on them, while at the same time mitigating China's retaliatory ability.

Such a thing could be used to influence China to be a good actor and not hobble our own economy.

I wonder why we haven't done that?

26 days ago
1/25/07
Sebastiaan -
Bret Kavanaugh -

How is this hurting in godsname going to fix the issues you mentioned (most of them true btw), tarrifs are only hurting the common people nothing more. Your leader is making this an ego issue, he is out of control.

exactly! post doesn't make sense.

The problems listed are real, and hilariously, many of them were addressed in the TPP.

How is a trade war going to make China follow IP laws? Trump voters are living in the same fantasy space that lead them to believe Trump was going to build a wall.

26 days ago
1/25/07
Slowshot -

The real thing that's a crying shame is that no one until now has thought to put together a Trans-Pacific trading block that could be used to block China's regional hegemony and put economic pressure on them, while at the same time mitigating China's retaliatory ability.

Such a thing could be used to influence China to be a good actor and not hobble our own economy.

I wonder why we haven't done that?

LOL vote up

26 days ago
6/18/09

I tried using American manufactures for packaging our company uses. Looked into it- best case scenario is 6x the cost of buying overseas. Not gonna happen.