OtherGround Forums Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus

8/22/19 10:45 AM
6/13/09
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -

Trump did not promote himself as "King of Israel". He was musing about someone else's statement to that effect.

OP says Trump HIMSELF said it. He didn't.

Big difference. Also, he likes to joke around and say all kinds of politically incorrect things.

"OP says Trump HIMSELF said it. He didn't."

That is not true. 

Let's see a legit source that Trump said it himself.

I've read a bunch of articles about it this morning and they all said Trump was just commenting on someone else's remark.

If I'm wrong, I'll apologize.

8/22/19 11:10 AM
6/3/09
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -

Trump did not promote himself as "King of Israel". He was musing about someone else's statement to that effect.

Big difference. Also, he likes to joke around and say all kinds of politically incorrect things.

That is not true. 

I've read a bunch of articles about it this morning and they all said Trump was just commenting on someone else's remark.

You are wrong in that OP did not say Trump said it himself.

8/22/19 12:35 PM
5/10/08
Flavorful - Trump is using Jews as pawns in a political game, and he bent Bibi over too. So in a way he really is the king of Israel.

Interesting assessment...

Edited: 8/22/19 1:38 PM
6/13/09
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -

That is not true. 

You can just look at the thread title.

OP says Trump promoted himself as that.

You say Trump himself  DID say he was King of Israel. (agreeing with OP).

I asked you for a legit source on that, since I had seen many sources which said DT was musing on someone else's description of him.

I am waiting for your source now.

That's where we're at.

Edited: 8/22/19 2:32 PM
6/3/09
blood fist -

I asked you for a legit source on that, since I had seen many sources which said DT was musing on someone else's description of him.

That's where we're at.

He did promote himself. 

You are confused about the difference between promote and say. 

8/22/19 2:25 PM
6/13/09
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -

That is not true. 

That's where we're at.

He did promote himself. 

You are confused about the difference between promote and say. 

Is there something about the word "source" that you don't understand?

Come on man. I've asked you three times already. 

Without a source, it's just your opinion. -- please write that on the blackboard a hundred times.

Please come back with a legit source for your claim...or I'm not wasting anymore time on you.

Edited: 8/22/19 2:36 PM
6/3/09
blood fist - 

Without a source, it's just your opinion. -- please write that on the blackboard a hundred times.

Please come back with a legit source for your claim...or I'm not wasting anymore time on you.

The source is Trump's Twitter.  It is posted in the OP.

You keep insisting that OP, and I, claim that Trump said those words.  We made no such claim.  The claim is “promote.”  Retweeting praise is a form of self-promotion.

8/22/19 2:34 PM
6/13/09
lionsoul - 
Flavorful - Trump is using Jews as pawns in a political game, and he bent Bibi over too. So in a way he really is the king of Israel.

Interesting indeed. In spite of me being pro-Israel and grateful in many ways, it almost seems like TOO much. I am a little suspicious of his motives, but giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. 

The question is: if he has political motivations for bringing milk and honey to Israel, what are they? And will they work?

Is he a loud mouthed egotistical fool who has no idea what he's doing?...or is he an international grandmaster of 12 dimensional chess?

Edited: 8/22/19 2:59 PM
6/13/09
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist - 

You keep insisting that OP, and I, claim that Trump said those words.  We made no such claim.  The claim is “promote.”  Retweeting praise is a form of self-promotion.

OK. It seems like what you're trying to sayis:  Since Trump was technically only being accused of 'promoting himself"  then the thread title does NOT insinuate that he was trying to promote himself? That's weird thinking, but I guess it's a point. I think the title does insinuate that he was promoting himself and had started the whole thing himself..I guess that's a point. I don't agree with it, but I see what you are trying to say.

When I see a thread title like " Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", it certainly gives the impression that Trump started the whole thing by himself. Which he did not.

You are hanging on a technicality of semantics.

8/22/19 2:55 PM
6/3/09

"Since Trump was technically only being accused of 'promoting himself"  then the thread title does NOT insinuate that he was trying to promote himself?"

LOL what?

8/22/19 2:57 PM
6/3/09

"When I see a thread title like " Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", it certainly gives the impression that Trump started the whole thing."

No it doesn't. And if you incorrectly inferred that, simply reading the OP unambiguously states who started it. 

8/22/19 2:57 PM
10/3/16

Trump is making his white supremacist followers LOVE the Jews! He truly is the greatest diplomat! MAGA!

8/22/19 2:58 PM
9/10/07

yes, he did "start the whole thing". no one would have seen the comments, other than the small group of right wing loons who give a shit what the original commentator/conspiracy theorist says.

millions of people saw it, and we are discussing it, only because trump promoted it. 

8/22/19 3:01 PM
7/26/12
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist - 

OK. It seems like what you're trying to sayis:  Since Trump was technically only being accused of 'promoting himself"  then the thread title does NOT insinuate that he was trying to promote himself? That's weird thinking, but I guess it's a point. I think the title does insinuate that he was promoting himself and had started the whole thing himself..I guess that's a point. I don't agree with it, but I see what you are trying to say.

When I see a thread title like " Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", it certainly gives the impression that Trump started the whole thing by himself. Which he did not.

I see you found yourself deep up your own ass. Surprised you could even accomplish that feat.

8/22/19 3:01 PM
10/1/16
blood fist - 
lionsoul - 

Interesting indeed. In spite of me being pro-Israel and grateful in many ways, it almost seems like TOO much. I am a little suspicious of his motives, but giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. 

The question is: if he has political motivations for bringing milk and honey to Israel, what are they? And will they work?

Is he a loud mouthed egotistical fool who has no idea what he's doing?...or is he an international grandmaster of 12 dimensional chess?

I think it's simpler than it seems. A big part of Trump's base is the evangelicals. They need Israel as part of their End Times nonsense and Trump needs them.

I don't think Trump has any genuine love or concern for Israel, he's just using them to energize the evangelicals.

The short term gain is definitely there, but in the process damage is being done to the US-Israel relationship. Bibi has been too eager to court the right (easy pickings) but he's losing the left.

Like it is for Trump, it's about his short term goals. Netanyahu is in this for himself, not for Israel.

8/22/19 3:05 PM
6/13/09
Curtis_E_Bare - 

"When I see a thread title like " Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", it certainly gives the impression that Trump started the whole thing."

No it doesn't. And if you incorrectly inferred that, simply reading the OP unambiguously states who started it. 

I think it does imply that.

Would anyone else care to comment on this?

Do these words: "Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", not give the impression that Trump himself was the originator and driving force behind the claim? No one else is even mentioned in the title.

Am I wrong here?

Edited: 8/23/19 10:48 AM
6/13/09
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist - 

I see you found yourself deep up your own ass. Surprised you could even accomplish that feat.

Threads not over fella. I had to simplify it down for people like you.

Keep reading. I very rarely drop one.

8/22/19 3:07 PM
6/3/09
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 

Do these words: "Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", not give the impression that Trump himself was the originator and driving force behind the claim? No one else is even mentioned in the title.

Am I wrong here?

"originator and driving force"

You are still conflating the two. 

8/22/19 3:10 PM
4/24/07

Jesus was a jew and it's redundant to refer to Trump as both the king of Israel and of Jesus. Especially since jews don't consider Jesus to be God. 

8/22/19 3:18 PM
6/13/09
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 

Am I wrong here?

Thread title implies he is both imo. . 

Let's analyze his words.

First three words: Trump Promotes Himself

There is no mention of anyone else besides Trump. What is to stop the reader of those words from thinking Trump was the whole show: originator, driving force, promoter...etc?

8/22/19 3:21 PM
6/3/09
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 

Am I wrong here?

Thread title implies he is both imo. . 

Let's analyze his words.

First three words: Trump Promotes Himself

There is no mention of anyone else besides Trump. What is to stop the reader of those words from thinking Trump was the whole show: originator, driving force, promoter...etc?

"What is to stop the reader of those words from thinking Trump was the whole show: originator, driving force, promoter...etc?"

A basic understanding of the English language, in particular the meaning of the word "promote."

8/22/19 3:22 PM
6/13/09

interesting discussion.

be back later.

8/22/19 3:22 PM
8/7/19
Curtis Bare is an idiot.

Little known fact about blood fist.

If you tickle his belly he will giggle and fart shekles.

Le Shat
©
#TheBestEveryoneAgrees
#FriendOfJews

Edited: 8/22/19 3:27 PM
11/28/08
David@accu -

Jesus was a jew and it's redundant to refer to Trump as both the king of Israel and of Jesus. Especially since jews don't consider Jesus to be God. 

The sleeper hit of the post is the part about Israelis thinking Trump is the second coming of God. 80% of American Jews are traitors and Israeli Jews are Christians. Turns out there are a lot less Jews in the world than I thought.

Edited: 8/22/19 3:30 PM
6/13/09
Le Shat V2 - Curtis Bare is an idiot.

Little known fact about blood fist.

If you tickle his belly he will giggle and fart shekles.

Le Shat
©
#TheBestEveryoneAgrees
#FriendOfJews

Dear God. Who have we here? Anybody could be anybody as they say.

You seem good natured.....so far..lol

Bare doesn't seem like an idiot to me. He's made some good semantic arguments. I think I am right though.

Actually..it all comes down to how one individual might interpret a set of words, compared to how another might.

How did you find out about my belly tickling and farting activities. We must be intimately acquainted from the past.