OtherGround Forums Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus

8/22/19 3:30 PM
2/16/05
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 

"When I see a thread title like " Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", it certainly gives the impression that Trump started the whole thing."

No it doesn't. And if you incorrectly inferred that, simply reading the OP unambiguously states who started it. 

I think it does imply that.

Would anyone else care to comment on this?

Do these words: "Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", not give the impression that Trump himself was the originator and driving force behind the claim? No one else is even mentioned in the title.

Am I wrong here?

"originator and driving force"

You are still conflating the two. 

Thread title implies he is both imo. . 

Let's analyze his words.

First three words: Trump Promotes Himself

There is no mention of anyone else besides Trump. What is to stop the reader of those words from thinking Trump was the whole show: originator, driving force, promoter...etc?

What a fucking moron

pro·mote

/pr??m?t/

verb

further the progress of (something, especially a cause, venture, or aim); support or actively encourage.

8/22/19 3:31 PM
7/26/12
blood fist -
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist - 

Is there something about the word "source" that you don't understand?

Come on man. I've asked you three times already. 

Without a source, it's just your opinion. -- please write that on the blackboard a hundred times.

Please come back with a legit source for your claim...or I'm not wasting anymore time on you.

The source is Trump's Twitter.  It is posted in the OP.

You keep insisting that OP, and I, claim that Trump said those words.  We made no such claim.  The claim is “promote.”  Retweeting praise is a form of self-promotion.

OK. It seems like what you're trying to sayis:  Since Trump was technically only being accused of 'promoting himself"  then the thread title does NOT insinuate that he was trying to promote himself? That's weird thinking, but I guess it's a point. I think the title does insinuate that he was promoting himself and had started the whole thing himself..I guess that's a point. I don't agree with it, but I see what you are trying to say.

When I see a thread title like " Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", it certainly gives the impression that Trump started the whole thing by himself. Which he did not.

You are hanging on a technicality of semantics.

I see you found yourself deep up your own ass. Surprised you could even accomplish that feat.

Threads not over fella. I had to simplify it down for people like you.

Keep reading. I very rarely drop one.

Boring troll or major retard, the outcome is the same. 

8/22/19 4:00 PM
6/13/09
SalaciousCrumb - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 

"When I see a thread title like " Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", it certainly gives the impression that Trump started the whole thing."

No it doesn't. And if you incorrectly inferred that, simply reading the OP unambiguously states who started it. 

I think it does imply that.

Would anyone else care to comment on this?

Do these words: "Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", not give the impression that Trump himself was the originator and driving force behind the claim? No one else is even mentioned in the title.

Am I wrong here?

"originator and driving force"

You are still conflating the two. 

Thread title implies he is both imo. . 

Let's analyze his words.

First three words: Trump Promotes Himself

There is no mention of anyone else besides Trump. What is to stop the reader of those words from thinking Trump was the whole show: originator, driving force, promoter...etc?

What a fucking moron

pro·mote

/pr??m?t/

verb

further the progress of (something, especially a cause, venture, or aim); support or actively encourage.

It's all in how a person interprets that whole group of words. Not one word.

It's not about the precise meaning of any single one of the words you guys are dissecting...and playing semantics with.

I stand by my statement that the whole title implies that Trump could easily be interpreted to be the only person involved in the whole thing.

Your need to throw out needless insults says something about you.

8/22/19 4:02 PM
6/13/09
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist - 

Without a source, it's just your opinion. -- please write that on the blackboard a hundred times.

Please come back with a legit source for your claim...or I'm not wasting anymore time on you.

You keep insisting that OP, and I, claim that Trump said those words.  We made no such claim.  The claim is “promote.”  Retweeting praise is a form of self-promotion.

OK. It seems like what you're trying to sayis:  Since Trump was technically only being accused of 'promoting himself"  then the thread title does NOT insinuate that he was trying to promote himself? That's weird thinking, but I guess it's a point. I think the title does insinuate that he was promoting himself and had started the whole thing himself..I guess that's a point. I don't agree with it, but I see what you are trying to say.

When I see a thread title like " Trump promotes himself as King of Israel and Jesus", it certainly gives the impression that Trump started the whole thing by himself. Which he did not.

I see you found yourself deep up your own ass. Surprised you could even accomplish that feat.

The funny thing is I barely recognize your name. Yet you come rollin in with a bunch of hate.

Wild guess is you are having a jelly sandwich right now.

8/22/19 4:03 PM
6/13/09
Le Shat V2 - Curtis Bare is an idiot.

Little known fact about blood fist.

If you tickle his belly he will giggle and fart shekles.

Le Shat
©
#TheBestEveryoneAgrees
#FriendOfJews

I just realized I think I know who this is. ^

8/22/19 4:13 PM
6/13/09
dabigchet - 

yes, he did "start the whole thing". no one would have seen the comments, other than the small group of right wing loons who give a shit what the original commentator/conspiracy theorist says.

millions of people saw it, and we are discussing it, only because trump promoted it. 

Thank you sir. I hope this will help others see that a person can be said to have promoted something and also started it (they are not mutually exclusive)....and that is exactly what the thread title infers.

There is certainly nothing in the thread title which said he got any help (even though he did).

8/22/19 7:23 PM
8/18/09
dabigchet - OP, you have TDS when you quote what the president says and want to talk about it.

I love comments like this. You guys cry nonstop about things AOC says but that's okay. OP quotes Trump and he has TDS. It's laughable how silly you guys are.

8/22/19 7:51 PM
6/3/09
My cat is cuter than your cat -
dabigchet - OP, you have TDS when you quote what the president says and want to talk about it.

I love comments like this. You guys cry nonstop about things AOC says but that's okay. OP quotes Trump and he has TDS. It's laughable how silly you guys are.

Edited: 8/22/19 9:42 PM
7/26/12

8/22/19 9:43 PM
7/26/12
blood fist -
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist - 

The funny thing is I barely recognize your name. Yet you come rollin in with a bunch of hate.

I drink your jelly sandwich milkshake.

8/22/19 10:40 PM
3/1/09
Curtis_E_Bare -

lol

8/23/19 9:02 AM
8/18/09
Curtis_E_Bare -

Man, that's hilarious. In my defense, the joke was basically what Trumpers say on here everyday so it's impossible these days to tell the difference between pitiful supporter and mocking joke.
8/23/19 10:45 AM
6/13/09
Flavorful - 
blood fist - 
lionsoul - 
Flavorful - Trump is using Jews as pawns in a political game, and he bent Bibi over too. So in a way he really is the king of Israel.

Interesting assessment...

Interesting indeed. In spite of me being pro-Israel and grateful in many ways, it almost seems like TOO much. I am a little suspicious of his motives, but giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. 

The question is: if he has political motivations for bringing milk and honey to Israel, what are they? And will they work?

Is he a loud mouthed egotistical fool who has no idea what he's doing?...or is he an international grandmaster of 12 dimensional chess?

I think it's simpler than it seems. A big part of Trump's base is the evangelicals. They need Israel as part of their End Times nonsense and Trump needs them.

I don't think Trump has any genuine love or concern for Israel, he's just using them to energize the evangelicals.

The short term gain is definitely there, but in the process damage is being done to the US-Israel relationship. Bibi has been too eager to court the right (easy pickings) but he's losing the left.

Like it is for Trump, it's about his short term goals. Netanyahu is in this for himself, not for Israel.

Makes sense as a possibility imo.

8/23/19 10:47 AM
6/13/09
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist - 

But came out smelling like a rose, and being right.

Shove that up your ass.

8/23/19 10:50 AM
5/12/03

I see the Shareblue shitholers are out in full force. 

8/23/19 10:52 AM
6/13/09
Res ipsa loquitar - 

This is your most insightful post of the thread.

It's the only one not filled with insults and ignorance.

8/23/19 10:54 AM
6/13/09
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Res ipsa loquitar - 
blood fist -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
blood fist - 

I drink your jelly sandwich milkshake.

OK. I'll see if I can rub one out for ya'.

I can't promise it will taste like jelly though.

8/23/19 1:49 PM
1/3/18

What are you comparing here?

Things AOC actually says out of her own mouth 

vs

Trump quoting something somebody else said

Is this the comparison you’re trying to make?