OtherGround Forums Trump won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power

9/24/20 12:18 PM
11/20/13
camicom -

Its a mute point. Transfer of power is not going to be needed.

Well, we're going to have to see what happens

9/24/20 12:35 PM
4/26/03
ksacs revenge -
camicom -

Wow. Those are violent words. 

9/24/20 12:40 PM
1/1/01
ksacs revenge - 
Trust -
Candide - 
Soup and Beer -
yabadaba - No matter what happens Trump will say he won IMO.

Does anybody believe there is any circumstance that would result in Trump conceding he lost the election?

And exactly how do you brush over the fact it's already been revealed that the dems are planning to have biden refuse to concede the election regardless of the results?  This strategy came up in that democratic think tank with podesta and repeated by Hillary.  Hillary didn't just say this in a vaccum. It's the DNC plan and they have stated as such. 

Following this line of thought, you might also wonder why the GOP is considering ignoring the popular vote and appointing Trump loyalists as electors in November.

Because the "popular vote" doesn't matter.  

The president is elected by the states.  The states decide who to vote for by having a general vote in their state, and that vote determines how the state casts their electoral votes in December. 

You could ask each state to apportion their electoral votes in proportion to their general vote results.  States can do that.   So far, I think only one or two do it that way.  Even California, home of many people who want to abolish the electoral college, refuse to apportion their electoral votes.  

The popular vote matters to electors, which is why GOP wants them replaced with Trump loyalists who are happy to ignore the popular vote. If you don't want your vote to matter, this is a good way of ensuring that.

You mean the popular within a state?  Yes, I would oppose slating electors that go against the popular vote of their state. 

I was assuming we were talking about the nationwide popular vote, sorry.  

9/24/20 1:01 PM
1/25/04

The left thinks he’ll take a baseball bat and trash the Oval Office during the transfer? WTF are they even talking about?

9/24/20 1:02 PM
11/20/13
Jack Carter -

The left thinks he’ll take a baseball bat and trash the Oval Office during the transfer? WTF are they even talking about?

Jack, clueless as always.

Edited: 9/24/20 1:03 PM
11/20/13
Trust -
ksacs revenge - 
Trust -
Candide - 
Soup and Beer -

Does anybody believe there is any circumstance that would result in Trump conceding he lost the election?

And exactly how do you brush over the fact it's already been revealed that the dems are planning to have biden refuse to concede the election regardless of the results?  This strategy came up in that democratic think tank with podesta and repeated by Hillary.  Hillary didn't just say this in a vaccum. It's the DNC plan and they have stated as such. 

Following this line of thought, you might also wonder why the GOP is considering ignoring the popular vote and appointing Trump loyalists as electors in November.

The president is elected by the states.  The states decide who to vote for by having a general vote in their state, and that vote determines how the state casts their electoral votes in December. 

You could ask each state to apportion their electoral votes in proportion to their general vote results.  States can do that.   So far, I think only one or two do it that way.  Even California, home of many people who want to abolish the electoral college, refuse to apportion their electoral votes.  

The popular vote matters to electors, which is why GOP wants them replaced with Trump loyalists who are happy to ignore the popular vote. If you don't want your vote to matter, this is a good way of ensuring that.

You mean the popular within a state?  Yes, I would oppose slating electors that go against the popular vote of their state. 

Electors never voted according to national popular vote, except maybe a rare occasion I don't know about.

9/24/20 1:04 PM
2/22/09
Trust - 

"Win, lose, or draw . . . "

Why would there be a "transfer of power" if he wins?   Is this really how "journalists" ask questions? 

I think we all know what he was trying to say but you're right - it was a poorly worded question.
9/24/20 1:04 PM
11/20/13
cycklops -
ksacs revenge -
camicom -

Wow. Those are violent words. 

Ummm...if you say so

9/24/20 1:07 PM
2/22/09
Soup and Beer -

Typically the media calls the election before all of the results are in. In 2020 with mail-in ballots and with both sides predicting dirty tricks from the other side it may be a while before the results are known.

Once the dust has settled if Biden has lost he will concede that he lost IMO.

Can the same be said for Trump? Has he even conceded he lost the (irrelevant) popular vote to Hillary Clinton in 2016?

9/24/20 1:07 PM
1/1/01

I for one am willing to bet cash money that if on election night Trump has been beaten in electoral votes that he doesn't send out death squads to take away any reporters that publicly admit that trump lost. And that trump himself will concede that he lost,
But if the dems most on election night... no way does Biden concede. I mean even if he was still mentally fit enough to have any idea what's going on

Edited: 9/24/20 1:08 PM
11/11/11

Thankfully Trump telegraphs all of his punches.

He's like a wannabe bank robber who walks into the branch and proudly boasts to the teller that he'll be robbing the bank tomorrow. At 2:30pm. With a realistic-looking water pistol. And he'll be wearing a blue suit, red tie and orange pantyhose over his head.

Now everyone knows exactly what he's going to do on Nov. 3rd and after, we'll know it when we see it and the comments he's making now about it will be used in court against him to show he's challenging the election and ballots solely because he lost.

9/24/20 1:12 PM
1/25/04
ksacs revenge -
camicom -

Would you consider Trump contesting the results via lawyers and the courts like democrats are preparing to do (and have done in the past) “non-peaceful transition” or would that be “peaceful transition”?

Or just deflect away from the question like you always do. 

9/24/20 1:14 PM
1/25/04
Bill Mahoney -

I for one am willing to bet cash money that if on election night Trump has been beaten in electoral votes that he doesn't send out death squads to take away any reporters that publicly admit that trump lost. And that trump himself will concede that he lost,
But if the dems most on election night... no way does Biden concede. I mean even if he was still mentally fit enough to have any idea what's going on

We’ve already heard the democrats make public statements that under no condition should Biden accept defeat. NO MATTER WHAT.

Every single leftist on this thread will condone the violence saying it’s the only way to remove trump from office. 

9/24/20 1:15 PM
1/25/04
ksacs revenge -
Jack Carter -

Jack, clueless as always.

Says the idiot who had no clue what a special prosecutor was.

Edited: 9/24/20 1:17 PM
1/12/07
kevsh -

He's like a wannabe bank robber who walks into the branch and proudly boasts to the teller that he'll be robbing the bank tomorrow. At 2:30pm. With a realistic-looking water pistol. And he'll be wearing a blue suit, red tie and orange pantyhose over his head.

Now everyone knows exactly what he's going to do on Nov. 3rd and after, we'll know it when we see it and the comments he's making now about it will be used in court against him to show he's challenging the election and ballots solely because he lost.

Herpaderp.

Dude is prime Ali , butterfly and bee included. Regurgitating the same shit you do does not make it a reality, your intended narrative control is a failure.

Each shill member here brings votes to the right.

9/24/20 1:19 PM
2/22/09
Bill Mahoney -

Do you think all of the votes will be counted on election night?

9/24/20 1:28 PM
1/1/01
ksacs revenge - 
Trust -
ksacs revenge - 
Trust -
Candide - 
Soup and Beer -

Electors never voted according to national popular vote, except maybe a rare occasion I don't know about.

Not that I know of, either, but in 2016 there were some electors who refused to vote for Hillary even though she won the vote in the state (they voted for Colin Powell, hoping electors in states Trump carried would do the same).  The SCOTUS determined that the states can fine such "faithless" electors for not following their pledge.  

9/24/20 1:29 PM
2/5/06
kevsh - 

lol

With all the shit you guys say about him and his ineptitude....and you still can't beat him.

Maybe some inner reflection is needed

9/24/20 1:33 PM
2/5/06
Trust - 
ksacs revenge - 
Trust -
ksacs revenge - 
Trust -
Candide - 
Soup and Beer -

Not that I know of, either, but in 2016 there were some electors who refused to vote for Hillary even though she won the vote in the state (they voted for Colin Powell, hoping electors in states Trump carried would do the same).  The SCOTUS determined that the states can fine such "faithless" electors for not following their pledge.  

Source?

From what I remember it was the opposite and electors were threatening with pressure from the Dems to not vote Trump when he won their state

9/24/20 1:45 PM
6/7/12
ryunz -
ksacs revenge - 
ryunz -
TheDecider - 
Brockback Mountain -

This is like asking the QB of a superbowl team "Hey what are you guys going to do when you lose"

Its a dumb question.

Exactly except every president in history has confirmed they will support peaceful transfer in the event they lose.  Trump is again proving himself unworthy of office.

But the question wasn't "if you lose", it was just "will you commit to peacefully transferring power to Biden".

Why would he commit to transferring power when he hasn't lost?

It's a dumb question designed to scare people like you; if he answer yes he's conceding the election early, if he answers no he's a dictator.

You were duped by a low IQ journalist. Embarrassing.

Only numbskulls think the reporter was asking Trump to transfer power if he won the election. Anyone with half a brain knows what the question is. So yeah...you may actually have a point with Trump. We know he has less than half a brain.

Will you commit to stop raping your wife? Yes or No?

Damn you are a dumb mother fucker... you can vote and your vote counts the same as mine.. Jesus we are fucked

9/24/20 2:02 PM
6/1/10
camicom -

It is a MOOT point

Facepalm GIFs | Tenor

9/24/20 2:06 PM
2/22/09

9/24/20 2:11 PM
9/13/08
camicom - 

Lol, It may be simply regurgitating an OG'ism on your part, Cami....

If that's not the case, it's moot point.

Love ya, man.

and REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
9/24/20 2:22 PM
5/18/10
walkinassassin -
ryunz -
ksacs revenge - 
ryunz -
TheDecider - 
Brockback Mountain -

This is like asking the QB of a superbowl team "Hey what are you guys going to do when you lose"

Its a dumb question.

Exactly except every president in history has confirmed they will support peaceful transfer in the event they lose.  Trump is again proving himself unworthy of office.

But the question wasn't "if you lose", it was just "will you commit to peacefully transferring power to Biden".

Why would he commit to transferring power when he hasn't lost?

It's a dumb question designed to scare people like you; if he answer yes he's conceding the election early, if he answers no he's a dictator.

You were duped by a low IQ journalist. Embarrassing.

Only numbskulls think the reporter was asking Trump to transfer power if he won the election. Anyone with half a brain knows what the question is. So yeah...you may actually have a point with Trump. We know he has less than half a brain.

Will you commit to stop raping your wife? Yes or No?

Damn you are a dumb mother fucker... you can vote and your vote counts the same as mine.. Jesus we are fucked

That's one thing I'm most certainly not. 

9/25/20 3:13 PM
6/8/08

Trump did, what other great dictators were able to do. 
Now that he has his blind sheep army, it's time to grab the power and keep it! 

And he's going to.