OtherGround Forums Trumps sacks bolton

Edited: 9/10/19 4:05 PM
7/26/07

Yeah, good move by Trump here.
Although, he should have never been hired in the first place, so i guess in essence, this is Trump fixing his own fuck up.

9/10/19 4:05 PM
2/9/12
DrPeterVenkman -
LieDetector -

PS - 

Good riddance to the old warmonger. 

Whoa Orcus is agreeing with a decision made my Trump? I guess he'll officially has frozen over!

It's only the second time it's happens since the election. 

Crazy stuff. I know. 

9/10/19 4:21 PM
11/1/03
BigEyedFish -
Steve4192 - 
LieDetector - 
Steve4192 -
BJJER - 

Why would Trump hire this guy in the first place?! Trumps incompetent administrative decision making showing once more.

Trump's an outsider. He doesn't know anybody in the Washington foreign policy establishment, so he relies on his advisors to make staffing recommendations. He obviously trusted the wrong fucking guy when Bolton's name came up. Fire that guy too.

Or... He saw Bolton on TV and thought to himself... here's a guy on TV.

Always a possibility.

Or maybe he just liked the 'stache.

I agree Steve well said

I think especially initially a lot of people had trumps ear and so you saw shit appointments like Sessions and later Bolton the human sheepdog.  good riddance

Yes i think this is spot on. Plus that the way Trump [and many business owners work]. If someone is not on board with the bosses plan they get fired asap. Doesn't mean eithers right or wrong but its how business works. It's what have you done for me lately that counts.

9/10/19 4:46 PM
6/30/07

Good

9/10/19 4:51 PM
7/10/02
Steve4192 - 
scab1 - 
Steve4192 - 
BJJER - 

Why would Trump hire this guy in the first place?! Trumps incompetent administrative decision making showing once more.

Trump's an outsider. He doesn't know anybody in the Washington foreign policy establishment, so he relies on his advisors to make staffing recommendations. He obviously trusted the wrong fucking guy when Bolton's name came up. Fire that guy too.

Yeah, John Bolton was a real unknown commodity. He definitely needed an advisor for this hire.

I think willim nailed it ... Trump liked Bolton because of his rhetoric and because he scared the shit out of people. He figured he could let him run his mouth in public but control him behind the scenes. Unfortunately, Bolton is a veteran bureaucratic knife fighter, and he knows a 1000 different ways to work around an uncooperative boss. He pushed his own war-mongering agenda regardless of what Trump wanted.

I don't think Trump's ego allows him to acknowledge that a lot of these career bureaucrats are better than him at 'playing the game'. He keeps on hiring guys who he thinks he can control, and then has to fire them when he realizes that he can't.

Could be this. Or he's given real bad advice... and like mentioned, the one(s) that suggested hiring Bolton should be fired too!

9/10/19 4:56 PM
8/31/10

Hires only the best was the overstatement of the century based on his own track record of firing those he has hired. With that said, this might have been his worst of all the lousy hirings, therefore making it his single most greatest firing to date!

9/10/19 5:05 PM
5/22/05
BJJER -

This. His views weren't a secret

Edited: 9/10/19 5:27 PM
6/11/10

Not many Presidents stand up to the Bonesmen. 

9/10/19 7:27 PM
12/18/09

Great that Bolton is gone.  Not great that the reason he is gone is because trump wanted to host the taliban in the USA on 9/11.

9/10/19 7:40 PM
5/10/08
Bick Koxer -

Great that Bolton is gone.  Not great that the reason he is gone is because trump wanted to host the taliban in the USA on 9/11.

What a fucking idiotic idea...

9/10/19 7:42 PM
7/22/15

He fires the best.

9/10/19 7:43 PM
6/1/07
Bick Koxer - 

Meh.

Aside from bad optics, I don't see the problem. If we ever want to get out of that cesspool, we're going to have to sit down with the Taliban at some point. Yes, the timing was laughably bad, but if it got American troops out of Afghanistan, fuck timing. A good outcome is a good outcome.

Unfortunately for Trump (and America), he didn't get a good outcome, so he's going to deservedly eat some shit for his atrocious timing.
9/10/19 7:43 PM
7/22/15

Yeah, I think I'll have the Taliban over to camp David so they can inspect the place.

9/10/19 7:44 PM
3/1/09

Doesn't matter what side of the aisle you're on, this is great news.

9/10/19 7:52 PM
6/1/07
Unkind Zuffa - 

Yeah, I think I'll have the Taliban over to camp David so they can inspect the place.

It could be worse.

He could have hosted them in the White House like Reagan did back in the 80s, when they were the 'good' religious fundamentalist fanatics fighting the Godless heathen commies.
9/10/19 8:11 PM
4/19/09
lionsoul -

Kudos to Trump for getting rid of a crazy war hawk...

I can see him getting pissed in every meeting in the event Trump ignores him about attacking Iran.

Now we need to get rid of Pompeo (which I heard could be happening - as he may run for Senate)...

Edited to add:

I hope this isn't a preemptive move before he attacks Iran (as he doesn't want folks to say Bolton is the guy driving this).

The one thing Trump hates more than anything else is someone else getting credit for any of his initiatives (see Steve Bannon)..

That said... I am all for getting rid of war hawks...  Got to give the man credit for a good decision here.

Boris nad trummp must have given Bibi the go ahead for annexing p[art of JOrdan. This is a scapegoat ahead of time type of deal. 

9/10/19 8:23 PM
10/1/16

Great move by Trump but he never should have hired that scumbag in the first place. Now get rid of Pompeo.

These neocons are conspiring to turn Trump into GWB2. Glad he's resisting.

9/10/19 11:19 PM
12/26/05

Hire Ron Paul.

Let's really get everybody freaked the fuck out.

9/10/19 11:54 PM
1/9/02

the taliban are not really a group with international reach (outside of Pakistan). these are just homegrown religious zealouts. if they harbor international terrorists in their land again they will get fucked up again until we kill the ppl responsible.

let them run aghanistan how they want. we need to get out.

9/10/19 11:59 PM
12/28/14
anthonyMI -

Does this mean he will be put into an actual sack and tossed into the Potomac?

No, trump isn't a Clinton

9/11/19 4:17 AM
11/28/08
Steve4192 -
scab1 - 
Steve4192 - 
BJJER - 

Yeah, John Bolton was a real unknown commodity. He definitely needed an advisor for this hire.

I think willim nailed it ... Trump liked Bolton because of his rhetoric and because he scared the shit out of people. He figured he could let him run his mouth in public but control him behind the scenes. Unfortunately, Bolton is a veteran bureaucratic knife fighter, and he knows a 1000 different ways to work around an uncooperative boss. He pushed his own war-mongering agenda regardless of what Trump wanted.

I don't think Trump's ego allows him to acknowledge that a lot of these career bureaucrats are better than him at 'playing the game'. He keeps on hiring guys who he thinks he can control, and then has to fire them when he realizes that he can't.

I think that second paragraph doesn't go quite far enough. There are a lot of people in Washington who are using Trump's poor skills as an executive to do what they want, for better or for worse. Bolton was something more than that. He turned the NSC into his own fiefdom.

The main role of the national security advisor is to streamline all the information coming in from all of the defense and intelligence agencies and present them to the president with their own recommendations, then facilitate the president meeting more directly with whoever needs to be met with. For someone like Trump who needs his information as condensed as possible, this is an incredibly important position. So, he used that position to try and become the sole person in charge of anything to do with defense policy, even sidelining the post-Mattis Defense Department.

Booton wasn't just someone Trump couldn't control, he was a power structure to himself. And the number one rule with the Trump administration is that he doesn't like people who can challenge him.

That is generally a bad thing, but we are talking about John Bolton.

9/11/19 11:23 AM
8/23/11

Does 

9/11/19 11:23 AM
8/23/11

9/11/19 11:27 AM
8/23/11

Does anyone think the Bolton hire was to intimidate / put pressure on NK?

It wasn't long after Bolton was hired that the 1st NK summit was held. 

Was Bolton the "bad cop" so trump could play "good cop"

that was my 1st thought when he was hired 

9/11/19 11:49 AM
5/22/05
androb -

Does anyone think the Bolton hire was to intimidate / put pressure on NK?

It wasn't long after Bolton was hired that the 1st NK summit was held. 

Was Bolton the "bad cop" so trump could play "good cop"

that was my 1st thought when he was hired 

Lol at the trumptards trying to justify bolton being hired. He was hired because trump saw him talking shit on tv and high quality candidates weren't exactly beating down the door to be nsa.