OtherGround Forums Turkey has started bombing the Kurds.

5 days ago
1/1/01

And it has begun.

5 days ago
1/1/01

5 days ago
5/17/17

Hopefully Trump doesn’t cave and send our people to fight this fight. 

5 days ago
3/18/02

your people have been fighting the fight.  

Trump removed less than 60 US fighters from the area

I think the kurds should be protected but I also support bringing US troops home from syria of all places.  

5 days ago
5/17/17

My bad, I should have been more clear. We should bring every American home from Syria and let them kill each other and sort out their own shit.

5 days ago
4/27/05

Is this not what he said he would do while campaigning?

5 days ago
1/7/09

Who thinks Trump is going to destroy the Turkish economy?  He said he would so let's see it happen.

5 days ago
6/6/02
Trump is actually bringing more troops home and getting unbelievable criticism from the left and right.

This is a twilight zone.
5 days ago
12/13/15

Playing devil's advocate.

We helped the communist Kurds against ISIS.

They probably need to bow down to their Turkish masters Masters and cohabitate. 

Edited: 5 days ago
2/4/09

Are they actually bomb ing the Kurds or are they advancing on groups they have deemed terrorist that work with the Kurdish groups?

It's very complicated over there and this is an over simplification.

I'm thinking this where the news shifts after Ukraine wraps up. 

5 days ago
10/4/18
Trump is in a no win situation.
5 days ago
2/2/12

Waiting for our dear leader with great and unmatched Wisdom to obliterate the Turkish economy.

Turkey must be really really worried.

5 days ago
6/1/10

The Kurds fought against saddam, al qaeda and isis with our troops and we just walked them to their slaughter. 

5 days ago
10/4/02

Why should we care?

Why should we police Turkey and the Kurds?

If this is such a crisis, why don’t the regional. Actions deal with it? Why doesn’t Europe deal with it? I’m tired of the US always getting involved. 

5 days ago
11/11/11

Trump won't do anything to Turkey as long as there's a Trump Towers there.

Edited: 5 days ago
3/16/11
turducken -

Who thinks Trump is going to destroy the Turkish economy?  He said he would so let's see it happen.

Fuck, I just put my life savings into taffy and bath houses. 

5 days ago
11/11/11
fanat - Trump is actually bringing more troops home and getting unbelievable criticism from the left and right.

This is a twilight zone.

Sure, if the only way you look at it is he's "bringing troops home" ... i.e. the way a child would look at it.

Of course, this is the real world, and the real world is a little more complicated than that, as most adults have realized.

5 days ago
1/1/01
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Are they actually bomb ing the Kurds or are they advancing on groups they have deemed terrorist that work with the Kurdish groups?

Complicated is right.  Kurdish factions have been, for lack of a better term, committing terrorist acts in Turkey since long before ISIS was a thing. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdistan_Workers%27_Party

Yeah, it's great that other Kurds fought Saddam, ISIS, helped the Yazids, etc. but, yeah, it's complicated. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
Trust - 
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Complicated is right.  Kurdish factions have been, for lack of a better term, committing terrorist acts in Turkey since long before ISIS was a thing. 

Yeah, it's great that other Kurds fought Saddam, ISIS, helped the Yazids, etc. but, yeah, it's complicated. 

Turkey is also an ally which has to be considered.

However, Trump did promise to obliterate the Turkish economy if they attacked the Kurds, so he has backed himself into a corner if he doesn't I think.  But I imagine there was already agreements behind the scenes between Turkey and the U.S. before the announcement.   No telling what those agreements are though.

5 days ago
2/5/06
kevsh - 
fanat - Trump is actually bringing more troops home and getting unbelievable criticism from the left and right.

This is a twilight zone.

Sure, if the only way you look at it is he's "bringing troops home" ... i.e. the way a child would look at it.

Of course, this is the real world, and the real world is a little more complicated than that, as most adults have realized.

Awesome job at implying you are superior ...then saying absolutely nothing
5 days ago
12/29/18
kevsh -

Trump won't do anything to Turkey as long as there's a Trump Towers there.

And the most critical US Air Force base in the region, numbnutts. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
Soup and Beer - 
Trust - 
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Turkey is also an ally which has to be considered.

However, Trump did promise to obliterate the Turkish economy if they attacked the Kurds, so he has backed himself into a corner if he doesn't I think.  But I imagine there was already agreements behind the scenes between Turkey and the U.S. before the announcement.   No telling what those agreements are though.

waiting for him to destroy their economy ...........

5 days ago
7/25/08
Turkey is an ally only in the VERY loosest sense of the word.

The Kurds have been FAR more dependable than the Turks for a long, long time.
5 days ago
11/11/11

The Kurds aren’t even a nation. I’m not fan of Turkey (they make terrible guns) but it’s not any of my business. Palestinian have been getting btfo’d by Israel for years and America does nothing, Tibetan people have been getting smashed by China and we don’t intervene. This is how it should be. North Americans should worry about North Americans.

5 days ago
9/28/19

What a fucking mess.