OtherGround Forums UFO files could cause grave damage to US says Navy

8 days ago
2/25/13

Top-secret UFO files could cause "grave damage" to U.S. national security if released, Navy says

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/top-secret-ufo-files-could-cause-grave-damage-to-us-national-security-if-released-navy-says/

In November 2004, several U.S. Navy pilots stationed aboard the USS Nimitz encountered a Tic-Tac-shaped UFO darting and dashing over the Pacific Ocean in apparent defiance of the laws of physics. Navy officials dubbed the strange craft an "unidentified aerial phenomenon," but they have remained mum on what, exactly, that phenomenon could've been. Now, unsurprisingly to anyone who's ever considered making a hat out of tinfoil, the military has confirmed they know more than they're letting on.

In response to a recent Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, a spokesperson from the Navy's Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) confirmed that the agency possesses several top-secret documents and at least one classified video pertaining to the 2004 UFO encounter, Vice reported.

According to the ONI spokesperson, these documents were either labeled "SECRET" or "TOP SECRET" by the agencies that provided them, and that sharing the information with the public "would cause exceptionally grave damage to the National Security of the United States."

These top-secret files included several "briefing slides" about the incident, provided to the ONI by an unnamed agency. (Because ONI officials did not classify the slides personally, they are unable to declassify them, the spokesperson added).

The ONI also admitted to possessing at least one video of unknown length, classified as "secret" by the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR). ONI didn't reveal whether this footage is the same 1-minute video that was leaked online in 2007 and widely released by The New York Times in 2017. However, in November 2019, several naval officers who witnessed the incident aboard the Nimitz told Popular Mechanics that they had seen a much longer video of the encounter that was between 8 and 10 minutes long. These original recordings were promptly collected and erased by "unknown individuals" who arrived on the ship by helicopter shortly after the incident, one officer said.

Luis Elizondo, a former Pentagon staffer who helped make the Navy video public, told Vice that "people should not be surprised by the revelation that other videos exist and at greater length."

The FOIA request, submitted in October 2019 by an independent researcher, asked for access to any nonclassified records or portions of records regarding the 2004 UFO encounter. No additional documents were mentioned in the ONI's response besides the classified briefing and video.

. . . . .

8 days ago
12/10/11

The aliens are humans

Just humans who are more advanced 

8 days ago
6/23/09
Muscle Vision -

The aliens are humans

Just humans who are more advanced 

I think it's deeper then that. Like Soylent Green.

8 days ago
11/21/05

We've been here for a very long time already.

8 days ago
11/21/05

I can say this freely as there will be no consequence.  We have been here a long time...your children are not your own.

8 days ago
4/8/11

I'm not familiar with the incident in question. Anyone care to share a little more for me?

thanks. 

8 days ago
2/25/17

Anal probes

8 days ago
1/1/01

The only way I can see how it would be a danger to national security would be if they were top secret black ops craft.  And that revealing them would leak a work in progress.  However, that wouldn't explain why the Navy voluntarily released the Nimitz footage.

What's the feeling on why it would be a danger otherwise.?

8 days ago
3/18/05

Probably woukd give away some new advanced radar type tech or unknown (to our enemies) tracking systems we tried to track it with.They dont want to give our enemies any idea of what our capabilities are or aren't. 

Or its just another excuse. 

And the pilot that was actually there was on JRE. He claimed there was never a longer longer unedited video. The whole encounter only lasted a couple minutes iirc. Or was that a different incident?

8 days ago
9/8/10

who the fuck cares we got the space force now mother fuckerzzzz

8 days ago
1/1/01
austinblair - 

I'm not familiar with the incident in question. Anyone care to share a little more for me?

thanks. 

8 days ago
11/9/04
Scotttbu - 

Anal probes

Did they hurt you?
8 days ago
5/11/13

8 days ago
11/7/07
in
8 days ago
1/25/04
Soup and Beer - 

The only way I can see how it would be a danger to national security would be if they were top secret black ops craft.  And that revealing them would leak a work in progress.  However, that wouldn't explain why the Navy voluntarily released the Nimitz footage.

100% this.

8 days ago
3/14/04
so what's in the files?
8 days ago
10/12/10

This whole incident continues to be intriguing. 

Edited: 8 days ago
3/20/12

I love the anti conspiracy guy with a fascination about this conspiracy.

So true that a shitload of files and evidence could harm the armed forces and govt...hence redaction and "lost data/files".

the tech we know about is probably 25 years old...zero reason to give the public access and knowledge of cutting edge tech.

8 days ago
11/30/06

Sub. 

8 days ago
1/1/01
Jack Carter - 
Soup and Beer - 

100% this.

Well, why then would they release the Nimitz footage to CNN?  No one was requesting it.   If it was U.S. secret craft I would think that would be the last thing they would want to do.  Navy pilot David Fravor also said he never received any orders not to discuss it publically.

8 days ago
4/11/07
Scotttbu -

Anal probes

In! 

8 days ago
4/1/15
Soup and Beer -
Jack Carter - 
Soup and Beer - 

100% this.

Well, why then would they release the Nimitz footage to CNN?  No one was requesting it.   If it was U.S. secret craft I would think that would be the last thing they would want to do.  Navy pilot David Fravor also said he never received any orders not to discuss it publically.

Slight of hand. 

Look, over there!

8 days ago
1/1/01
DuffyLaCoronilla - 
Soup and Beer -
Jack Carter - 
Soup and Beer - 

100% this.

Slight of hand. 

Look, over there!

If it was meant as a distraction for something else it certainly didn't work.   I remember when the footage was released.  It barely made any spash in the news and was long forgetten within a week.

8 days ago
2/9/12

Someone needs to call the Space Force

Edited: 8 days ago
1/1/01

It's still possible they have no idea what the fuck the flying craft are.  But releasing everything in a FOIA might reveal other secret and sensitive military information not directly related to the UFO's.