OtherGround Forums Ukraine "Whistleblower" Caught In First Lie! MAGA!

Edited: 9/26/19 7:31 PM
8/1/13

First of many I'm sure!

This coming from CBS News. If they are reporting it you know its a whopper!

'Whistleblower claimed counselor of the State Department Ulrich Brechbuhl was on the call with Trump and Zelensky'.

Well, he wasn't!

9/26/19 7:32 PM
10/4/18
Pedro and Lionsoul just screamed "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY"
9/26/19 7:33 PM
3/6/06
you must like him better now, liars are your favorite.
9/26/19 7:34 PM
8/1/13
TheRoguewrestler - Pedro and Lionsoul just screamed "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY"

LOL!

9/26/19 7:34 PM
1/1/01

Sorry, this one is rather tame. The whistle-blower said they were not on the call and reporting it second hand. I'll chalk this one up to ignorance and a mistake before jumping to the conclusion that it was intentional and malicious 

9/26/19 7:35 PM
8/18/13
TTT
9/26/19 7:36 PM
8/1/13
sicko -

Sorry, this one is rather tame. The whistle-blower said they were not on the call and reporting it second hand. I'll chalk this one up to ignorance and a mistake before jumping to the conclusion that it was intentional and malicious 

The whole point of the "whistleblower" is that he is credible

This is why him being a hearsay "whistleblower" is absolutely ridiculous.

9/26/19 7:38 PM
8/1/13
sicko -

Now that I think of it, its acutally lie number 2. He said Pres Trump discussed a quid pro quo on the call. Well, we all know that didn't happen also

9/26/19 7:48 PM
4/24/07
sicko - 

So the defense is that the whistle-blower is ignorant to the actual conversation but still called the "whistle-blower"? 

9/26/19 7:52 PM
11/16/08

He was told that he was on the phone.  That's all that matters.  

9/26/19 7:55 PM
3/6/06
David@accu - 
sicko - 

So the defense is that the whistle-blower is ignorant to the actual conversation but still called the "whistle-blower"? 

Awesome straw man bro!

9/26/19 8:00 PM
5/10/08

Ha!  The whistleblowers claims are irrelevant at this point.

We have all we need to know at this point IMO...

9/26/19 8:08 PM
1/1/01
camicom - 
sicko -

You do know the transcript is not verbatim and missing pieces correct? Or are you debating this....
9/26/19 8:11 PM
9/23/07
Josh -
camicom - 
sicko -

You do know the transcript is not verbatim and missing pieces correct? Or are you debating this....

Who has the verbatim missing pieces and what are they? 

9/26/19 8:23 PM
1/1/01
The Adversary -
Josh -
camicom - 
sicko -

It's my understanding that there's a recording of the call that's kept. However I'd wager that the transcript is pretty close to the actual conversation. If it comes out that they intentionally put out a fabricated transcript, that'd ruin any administration 

9/26/19 8:27 PM
1/1/01
camicom -
sicko -

Agreed. Everything stated was second hand, or from public interviews/articles. Not exactly a whistle-blower in the traditional sense, more of a formal complaint based on rumors they believe are true 

9/26/19 8:33 PM
1/1/01
The Adversary - 
Josh -
camicom - 
sicko -

The white house does, they just gave this version out, still waiting on trumps promise to release the full version, not the what I remembered version.
9/26/19 8:34 PM
1/1/01
sicko - 
The Adversary -
Josh -
camicom - 
sicko -

It's my understanding that there's a recording of the call that's kept. However I'd wager that the transcript is pretty close to the actual conversation. If it comes out that they intentionally put out a fabricated transcript, that'd ruin any administration 

No matter what is on the tapes there are plenty of people here to tell it's nothing or does not matter
9/26/19 8:37 PM
1/13/11
Josh -
sicko - 
The Adversary -
Josh -
camicom - 
sicko -

No matter what is on the tapes there are plenty of people here to tell it's nothing or does not matter

What tapes?  

9/26/19 8:41 PM
11/18/15
Josh -
The Adversary - 
Josh -
camicom - 
sicko -

The white house does, they just gave this version out, still waiting on trumps promise to release the full version, not the what I remembered version.

post your source.  

9/26/19 8:42 PM
6/3/09

How do you know he wasn't told Ulrich Brechbuhl was on the line?

Edited: 9/26/19 8:47 PM
11/11/11
sicko -
camicom -
sicko -

Agreed. Everything stated was second hand, or from public interviews/articles. Not exactly a whistle-blower in the traditional sense, more of a formal complaint based on rumors they believe are true 

I don't know about you, but the whistleblower's version of the phone call was pretty much spot-on - and remember, he/she filed this complaint long before the rough transcript was released to the public. So credibility has been pretty well established already.

But hey, if the Legion of Trump Loyalists want to desperately cling to one minor inconsistency regarding who was on the call as proof the whole thing is a sham, I for one won't be mean and try to wake them up from their fantasy dreamland.

9/26/19 8:47 PM
1/1/01
David@accu -
sicko - 

Yeah, that's been the issue the whole time. The reason the report wasn't sent to congress was because the person didn't have first hand knowledge, and therefore didn't meet the requirements for immediately notifying congress. Then when word got out, it caused an uproar that the executive branch was trying to protect the president. But I think you know all that. 

From your reply it appears that you believe I'm defending the whistle-blower completely, I'm not. I just feel that them being mistaken about one attendee to a meeting that they said they didn't attend themselves, is trivial compared to getting the accusation wrong.

So like I said, I'll chalk up getting one attendee wrong to a mistake, I don't feel that's where they're trying to be malicious

9/26/19 8:48 PM
3/16/06

Huh. It's weird that hearsay wasn't accurate. 

9/26/19 8:57 PM
9/3/18

What am I missing? If Trump becomes aware of what appears to be corruption from a government official, is he not required to act? What does it matter if it was an opponent or not. It's either true or not true. Biden is on tape bragging about it. I read the transcript has him asking for an investigation. He's advocating for transparency? What is wrong with that?