Heystro - 

Retrovirus is bad .

M'kay?
Edited: 5 days ago
9/19/13
McBottery -
oranos -
Sogsteel -

I posted about the retroviral treatments a few times. 

It could explain why Westerners are not catching it as much as the Asian population, since some of the population carry the hiv resistant CCR5-delta 32 mutation.

It could have been designed specifically as an ethnovirus, targeting specific genetic markers only found in certain races.

This type of virus was the main plot of many Metal Gear Solid games. It's called FOXDIE.

lmao

love when the og tries to talk science

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_bioweapon

Also, I didn't bring it up. I was just replying to someone else.

5 days ago
9/19/13
the_shrike -
multiculturaljoseph -

Yeah I need MBN asap

A quick Google fu lead to only three to six retrovirus' humans can get, and all are fluid transfers like the sex or blood like the junkies

Your move, oranos

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15367630/

Your move, junior.

5 days ago
7/20/14
oranos -
McBottery -
oranos -
Sogsteel -

It could explain why Westerners are not catching it as much as the Asian population, since some of the population carry the hiv resistant CCR5-delta 32 mutation.

It could have been designed specifically as an ethnovirus, targeting specific genetic markers only found in certain races.

This type of virus was the main plot of many Metal Gear Solid games. It's called FOXDIE.

lmao

Lmao...theoretical weapon.

5 days ago
1/19/12
oranos -
McBottery -

Ok, lemme debunk OP's fear mongering bullshit rq

The name of this virus isn't "coronavirus", it is being called that because that is the type of virus it is. And guess what? Coronaviruses aren't retroviruses. They replicate in a completely different manner.

A retrovirus is an RNA virus that contains a gene for a protein called "reverse transcriptase" to create a DNA copy of its RNA, which is then integrated into the host genome. Without reverse transcriptase, you don't have a retrovirus. Period.

And guess what this virus does not contain a gene for? Yeah, reverse transcriptase.

It's name has nothing to do with it. Thanks for playing.

He's saying this virus is classified as a coronavirus, and a coronavirus is not a retrovirus. That is his argument. You are missing the point.

5 days ago
11/3/15
phydeau -
Heystro - 

Retrovirus is bad .

M'kay?

Retrovirus means you get sick and think your over it and it comes back. 

9/19/13
me lurk you long time -
oranos -
McBottery -
oranos -
Sogsteel -

lmao

Read the bottom dummy

"

Israeli "ethno-bomb" controversy

In November 1998, The Sunday Times reported that Israel was attempting to build an "ethno-bomb" containing a biological agent that could specifically target genetic traits present amongst Arab populations.[9] Wired News also reported the story,[10][11] as did Foreign Report.[12]

Microbiologists and geneticists were skeptical towards the scientific plausibility of such a biological agent.[13] The New York Post, describing the claims as "blood libel", reported that the likely source for the story was a work of science fiction by Israeli academic Doron Stanitsky. Stanitsky had sent his completely fictional work about such a weapon to Israeli newspapers two years before. The article also noted the views of genetic researchers who claimed the idea as "wholly fantastical", with others claiming that the weapon was theoretically possible.[14][15]

Russian ban on export of biological samples

In May 2007, a Russian newspaper Kommersant reported that the Russian government banned all exports of human biosamples.[16] The report claims that the reason for the ban was a secret FSB report about on-going development of "genetic bioweapons" targeting Russian population by Western institutions. The report mentions the Harvard School of Public Health, American International Health Alliance, Department of Medical Biotechnology of Jagiellonian University, United States Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division, Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology Warsaw University, and United States Agency for International Development."

5 days ago
9/19/13
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
McBottery -

The name of this virus isn't "coronavirus", it is being called that because that is the type of virus it is. And guess what? Coronaviruses aren't retroviruses. They replicate in a completely different manner.

A retrovirus is an RNA virus that contains a gene for a protein called "reverse transcriptase" to create a DNA copy of its RNA, which is then integrated into the host genome. Without reverse transcriptase, you don't have a retrovirus. Period.

And guess what this virus does not contain a gene for? Yeah, reverse transcriptase.

He's saying this virus is classified as a coronavirus, and a coronavirus is not a retrovirus. That is his argument. You are missing the point.

His argument doesn't fucking matter.

5 days ago
9/8/10
oranos -
McBottery -

Explain how it is a retrovirus if it doesn't have reverse transcriptase. It has been sequenced, we know what is there and what isn't.

Explain how a retrovirus is a retrovirus if it doesn't have reverse transcriptase or integrase please.

5 days ago
6/13/03
McBottery -

What would be the reason for treating it with anti-retrovirals if its a standard coronavirus? 

5 days ago
1/1/01

In

i think it's the population police doing this, hehe

5 days ago
9/19/13
uniquetechnique -

In

i think it's the population police doing this, hehe

Cough Bill Gates

UN cough cough

Agenda 21

5 days ago
9/8/10
Heystro -
phydeau -
Heystro - 

Retrovirus is bad .

M'kay?

It 'comes back' because a retrovirus is capable of integrating itself in the host genome.

The virus responsible for this outbreak is incapable of doing that.

5 days ago
9/8/10
Sogsteel -
McBottery -

What would be the reason for treating it with anti-retrovirals if its a standard coronavirus? 

Not positive, briefly looked into it and the retrovirals that have been working are NOT the ones associated with the retroviral characteristics I've spoken about here (reverse transcriptase and integrase, the defining proteins/genes of a retrovirus). The anti-retrovials targeting those have no effect, because this virus does not have those.

The one that is working is an anti-retroviral targetting a specific HIV protease, which is a protein that cleaves other proteins in a specific manner. It's likely that this coronavirus has a similar protease that plays an important function in it's replication, but more research is needed.

5 days ago
9/19/13
McBottery -
Heystro -
phydeau -
Heystro - 

Retrovirus is bad .

M'kay?

It 'comes back' because a retrovirus is capable of integrating itself in the host genome.

Your entire argument relies on it not being a retrovirus.

5 days ago
1/19/12
oranos -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
McBottery -

You clearly don't understand the link you posted. The article in no way, shape, or form, purports that this coronavirus is a retrovirus.

5 days ago
6/13/03
McBottery -
Sogsteel -
McBottery -

Not positive, briefly looked into it and the retrovirals that have been working are NOT the ones associated with the retroviral characteristics I've spoken about here (reverse transcriptase and integrase, the defining proteins/genes of a retrovirus). The anti-retrovials targeting those have no effect, because this virus does not have those.

The one that is working is an anti-retroviral targetting a specific HIV protease, which is a protein that cleaves other proteins in a specific manner. It's likely that this coronavirus has a similar protease that plays an important function in it's replication, but more research is needed.

Thanks for the clarity

5 days ago
9/19/13
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
McBottery -

You clearly don't understand the link you posted. The article in no way, shape, or form, purports that this coronavirus is a retrovirus.

"Retroviruses pseudotyped with the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein efficiently infect cells expressing angiotensin-converting enzyme 2."

I think you might be having a hard time here...

5 days ago
3/13/18
oranos -
McBottery -
Heystro -
phydeau -
Heystro - 

Retrovirus is bad .

M'kay?

Lol. Well played. I enjoyed this

5 days ago
7/20/14
oranos -
me lurk you long time -
oranos -
McBottery -
oranos -
Sogsteel -

lmao

Read the bottom dummy

"

Israeli "ethno-bomb" controversy

In November 1998, The Sunday Times reported that Israel was attempting to build an "ethno-bomb" containing a biological agent that could specifically target genetic traits present amongst Arab populations.[9] Wired News also reported the story,[10][11] as did Foreign Report.[12]

Microbiologists and geneticists were skeptical towards the scientific plausibility of such a biological agent.[13] The New York Post, describing the claims as "blood libel", reported that the likely source for the story was a work of science fiction by Israeli academic Doron Stanitsky. Stanitsky had sent his completely fictional work about such a weapon to Israeli newspapers two years before. The article also noted the views of genetic researchers who claimed the idea as "wholly fantastical", with others claiming that the weapon was theoretically possible.[14][15]

Russian ban on export of biological samples

In May 2007, a Russian newspaper Kommersant reported that the Russian government banned all exports of human biosamples.[16] The report claims that the reason for the ban was a secret FSB report about on-going development of "genetic bioweapons" targeting Russian population by Western institutions. The report mentions the Harvard School of Public Health, American International Health Alliance, Department of Medical Biotechnology of Jagiellonian University, United States Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division, Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology Warsaw University, and United States Agency for International Development."

I did dummy. It's all theoretical or fictional. The Russians fearing the Western world was targeting them is not proof of anything.

5 days ago
9/8/10
oranos -
McBottery -
Heystro -
phydeau -
Heystro - 

Retrovirus is bad .

M'kay?

What?? We LITERALLY have the entire genome sequenced. We KNOW it's not a retrovirus.

You tried claiming it is, I explained that it isn't and how we know it isn't.

What is your argument that it is, especially in light of what I have explained here?

8/9/17
oranos -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
McBottery -

"Retroviruses pseudotyped with the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein efficiently infect cells expressing angiotensin-converting enzyme 2."

Oranos, the paper you linked is using engineered retroviruses to test the S-protein's role in ACE-2 mediated infection of cells. Generation of retrovirus (such as lentivirus) expressing sequences not native to retrovirus, i.e. a transgene, is a common laboratory technique for inserting genetic material into cells. In this case they are making different types of virus that have engineered surface proteins and seeing how the rate of infection changes. This does not mean retroviruses are coronavirusea or vice versa. The relevant section of the paper is "

Production of and infection by S-protein-pseudotyped retroviruses. 

S-protein-pseudotyped lentiviral stocks were produced by cotransfecting HEK293T cells with a plasmid encoding S-protein variants or vesicular stomatitis virus protein G (VSV-G) or with vector alone, together with a previously described plasmid (1) containing the SIV genome with the env gene deleted and the nef gene replaced by that for green fluorescent protein (GFP)." 

5 days ago
9/19/13
ICGCPsav -
oranos -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
McBottery -

Oranos, the paper you linked is using engineered retroviruses to test the S-protein's role in ACE-2 mediated infection of cells. Generation of retrovirus (such as lentivirus) expressing sequences not native to retrovirus, i.e. a transgene, is a common laboratory technique for inserting genetic material into cells. In this case they are making different types of virus that have engineered surface proteins and seeing how the rate of infection changes. This does not mean retroviruses are coronavirusea or vice versa. The relevant section of the paper is "

Production of and infection by S-protein-pseudotyped retroviruses. 

S-protein-pseudotyped lentiviral stocks were produced by cotransfecting HEK293T cells with a plasmid encoding S-protein variants or vesicular stomatitis virus protein G (VSV-G) or with vector alone, together with a previously described plasmid (1) containing the SIV genome with the env gene deleted and the nef gene replaced by that for green fluorescent protein (GFP)." 

Yes. You got it. "Engineered retroviruses"

5 days ago
9/19/13
McBottery -
oranos -
McBottery -
Heystro -
phydeau -
Heystro - 

Retrovirus is bad .

M'kay?

What?? We LITERALLY have the entire genome sequenced. We KNOW it's not a retrovirus.

You tried claiming it is, I explained that it isn't and how we know it isn't.

What is your argument that it is, especially in light of what I have explained here?

You don't know shit. Shut your mouth noob.

5 days ago
2/13/16
Zonion -
McBottery - 

I choose to believe this.   Thanks, dude!