OtherGround Forums Virus is likely Retrovirus, airborne, we're doomed

Edited: 2/13/20 11:04 PM
5/23/07
oranos - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

Hopefully you're not contagious 

Hopefully not as contagious as your gay online clan.

FAGGOT.

:-)

You wish you could be that gay!

Edited: 2/13/20 11:05 PM
11/18/15
SpartaKick -

OP you imbecile. You basically started fear monging, thought you were onto something that made you feel important enough to try and sound smart, which then gracefully backfired on you. Now you're clearly upset the world isn't ending and sideshuffled into a troll stance while backing out the room to run away and cry in a corner. Bitch please.

he got me too.

I have to travel through yvr next week and if what op said was true i would have said fuck it.  bottom line is i dont know Jack shit about this shit and if someone comes to me with a reasonable argument i am likely to accept it.  thank the og that a few people who clearly know what the fuck they are talking about jumped in to shine the light on this guy

the way oranos has handled this whole thing tells me all I need to know to judge who is credible, and it ain't him

2/13/20 11:05 PM
9/19/13
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
oranos - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

Hopefully you're not contagious 

Hopefully not as contagious as your gay online clan.

FAGGOT.

:-)

You wish you could be that gay!

Don't make me tickle you.

2/13/20 11:06 PM
9/19/13
Cuckoldberry Finn -
SpartaKick -

OP you imbecile. You basically started fear monging, thought you were onto something that made you feel important enough to try and sound smart, which then gracefully backfired on you. Now you're clearly upset the world isn't ending and sideshuffled into a troll stance while backing out the room to run away and cry in a corner. Bitch please.

he got me too.

I have to travel through your next week and if what op said was true i would have said fuck it.  bottom line is i dont know Jack shit about this shit and if someone comes to me with a reasonable argument i am likely to accept it.  thank the og that a few people who clearly know what the fuck they are talking about jumped in to shine the light on this guy

the way oranos has handled this whole thing tells me all I need to know to judge who is credible, and it ain't him

I'm glad you showed yourself out without me having to reply.

2/13/20 11:07 PM
11/18/15
oranos -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
SpartaKick -

he got me too.

I have to travel through your next week and if what op said was true i would have said fuck it.  bottom line is i dont know Jack shit about this shit and if someone comes to me with a reasonable argument i am likely to accept it.  thank the og that a few people who clearly know what the fuck they are talking about jumped in to shine the light on this guy

the fact that you replied shows that your conclusion is untrue.  this is why people think you are stupid

2/13/20 11:08 PM
9/19/13
Cuckoldberry Finn -
oranos -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
SpartaKick -

he got me too.

the fact that you replied shows that your conclusion is untrue.  this is why people think you are stupid

No, I replied afterwards. You trying to incorrectly explain this is what makes you not worth replying to in the first place.

2/13/20 11:09 PM
1/1/01
Pilgor the goat -
oranos -
Pilgor the goat -
oranos -

All persons diagnosed with Coronavirus who do not have mutated gene CCR5-delta 32 (resistance to HIV) will be on an almost identical mortality timeline as persons with AIDS virus.

Weakened respiratory system: Fatal within weeks.

Healthy respiratory system: 1-3 years (depends on aggressiveness of mutation)

Healthy respiratory system with (extremely expensive) antiretroviral medication: 5-7 years (again depends on aggressiveness of mutation)

Where does Magic Johnson fit on that spectrum?

At the "i threw 30 million dollars at this. look at me. im still dead"

He was diagnosed in 1991. Its 2020. He's not "still dead", he's more alive than you've ever been. How do you explain this? 

He's an idiot. 

2/13/20 11:09 PM
11/18/15
oranos -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
oranos -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
SpartaKick -

he got me too.

No, I replied afterwards. You trying to incorrectly explain this is what makes you not worth replying to in the first place.

whatever you say champ

2/13/20 11:15 PM
5/18/10
oranos -

The biggest disinformation regarding Coronavirus hasn't been the amount of confirmed cases. It's the actual classification of the virus itself.

There have been numerous reports that HIV medication (antiretroviral) had an unexpected, coincidental effect of curbing the virus' symptoms.

There is a very good reason for this.  It's because Coronavirus itself, is a retrovirus.

Essentially, an airborne retrovirus is the highest classification of risk of any known disease, PERIOD.

This means that it is essentially the same as AIDS except that instead of having to be sexually exposed to it, you can get it through the air.

That is why the Chinese doctor who recently died trying to expose it was likely silenced. He was exposing the fact that it's a retrovirus which cannot be controlled.

Zerohedge was also banned from Twitter for suggesting the same thing:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/coronavirus-contains-hiv-insertions-stoking-fears-over-artificially-created-bioweapon

This essentially means that anyone who is not Bill Gates will soon be dead.

Is this also "potentially confirmed"?

2/13/20 11:22 PM
5/12/11

OP watched a Big Bang Theory re-run and thinks he understands three syllabel words now.

2/13/20 11:24 PM
9/18/12

Keep digging OP.

You might reach China.

2/13/20 11:26 PM
1/9/02
oranos -

WHO coming up with some bullshit now about an "intermediary host" which has absolutely no fucking logical basis. Even less so than thinking it came from a bat in the first place.

Could be more misdirection

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/11/coronavirus-likely-jumped-from-bats-to-another-host-before-infecting-humans-who.html

thank you for your sophisticated analysis yet again

2/13/20 11:27 PM
4/8/07

Good thing I bought some stock in this company this morning! They've discovered a vaccine.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-vaccine-san-diego-lab-inovio-pharmaceuticals-discovered-drug-testing/

2/13/20 11:27 PM
11/20/13

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!   REEEEEEEEEEEE

Ita okay Oranos, I'll back you up...

2/13/20 11:30 PM
11/18/15
Hillary's Fly -

Keep digging OP.

You might reach China.

well fucking done.  nice with the nuance

2/13/20 11:32 PM
9/19/13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRkSVkOdXcU?feature=oembed

2/13/20 11:34 PM
9/19/13

Watch the clip and then tell me you're not scared crying for mommy.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

2/14/20 12:02 AM
2/24/19

I am a retired surgeon and a lifelong Mensa member by the way. I also hold a JD and served as a medical examiner for a few years in Asia. Microbiology is not my forte, but I AM smart enough to understand both sides of this conundrum. I am also smart enough not to believe everything I read on either side. The old saying in the news business is "if it bleeds, it leads," ... until some definite answers are forthcoming from the CDC (I do not trust the WHO) it is a time for quiet, careful precaution not screaming apocalyptic panic. 

2/14/20 12:03 AM
9/19/13
Rakoshi -

I am a retired surgeon and a lifelong Mensa member by the way. I also hold a JD and served as a medical examiner for a few years in Asia. Microbiology is not my forte, but I AM smart enough to understand both sides of this conundrum. I am also smart enough not to believe everything I read on either side. The old saying in the news business is "if it bleeds, it leads," ... until some definite answers are forthcoming from the CDC (I do not trust the WHO) it is a time for quiet, careful precaution not screaming apocalyptic panic. 

Thank you. At least someone credible here has an OPEN MIND.

2/14/20 12:12 AM
2/20/09

I'm dealing with this by buying ammunition.

Change my mind....

2/14/20 12:15 AM
9/19/13
donkypunch55 -

I'm dealing with this by buying ammunition.

Change my mind....

I don't think bullets are fast enough to stop it when its AIRBORNE.

2/14/20 1:08 AM
2/7/20
ICGCPsav -
oranos -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
oranos -
McBottery -

Ok, lemme debunk OP's fear mongering bullshit rq

The name of this virus isn't "coronavirus", it is being called that because that is the type of virus it is. And guess what? Coronaviruses aren't retroviruses. They replicate in a completely different manner.

A retrovirus is an RNA virus that contains a gene for a protein called "reverse transcriptase" to create a DNA copy of its RNA, which is then integrated into the host genome. Without reverse transcriptase, you don't have a retrovirus. Period.

And guess what this virus does not contain a gene for? Yeah, reverse transcriptase.

It's name has nothing to do with it. Thanks for playing.

He's saying this virus is classified as a coronavirus, and a coronavirus is not a retrovirus. That is his argument. You are missing the point.

His argument doesn't fucking matter.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15367630/

You clearly don't understand the link you posted. The article in no way, shape, or form, purports that this coronavirus is a retrovirus.

"Retroviruses pseudotyped with the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein efficiently infect cells expressing angiotensin-converting enzyme 2."

I think you might be having a hard time here...

Oranos, the paper you linked is using engineered retroviruses to test the S-protein's role in ACE-2 mediated infection of cells. Generation of retrovirus (such as lentivirus) expressing sequences not native to retrovirus, i.e. a transgene, is a common laboratory technique for inserting genetic material into cells. In this case they are making different types of virus that have engineered surface proteins and seeing how the rate of infection changes. This does not mean retroviruses are coronavirusea or vice versa. The relevant section of the paper is "

Production of and infection by S-protein-pseudotyped retroviruses. 

S-protein-pseudotyped lentiviral stocks were produced by cotransfecting HEK293T cells with a plasmid encoding S-protein variants or vesicular stomatitis virus protein G (VSV-G) or with vector alone, together with a previously described plasmid (1) containing the SIV genome with the env gene deleted and the nef gene replaced by that for green fluorescent protein (GFP)." 

I was just about to lay all this out for you fellas... but this fucking app...  

2/14/20 1:13 AM
1/1/01

This thread was amazing.

2/14/20 1:13 AM
2/7/20

I'm no where near as educated as some of the posters here... but I'm glad all these opinions

2/14/20 1:16 AM
2/7/20

... are being represented. I'm a little freaked out over the outbreak and honestly I can't compete with the biology banter. So thanks for laying out some knowledge.