OtherGround Forums WYD? Girl's Work Situation

6 days ago
11/19/05

My girl has a guy at her work that is being innapropriate with her. Just being creepy all around.  Tries to flirt, sexual inudendo, creepy comments. He stalks her facebook with little comments and shit.  Follows her around work trying to run game on her, ect.

to me it's not exactly harassment.  But she says he makes her very uncomfortable.  This dude is also married.

She asked me to speak with him because it's becoming too much and she generally doesn't like going to work and dealing with him daily.

How would you guys approach this, if it were your somewhat serious girlfriend?

6 days ago
5/9/02
Step 1. Block him from FB.

She probably likes the attention though.
6 days ago
9/17/10

Did she tell this guy he's annoying and/or being inappropriate? How has she handled it so far?

6 days ago
2/5/05

She should bring it up to her boss ... start a paper trail and just tell the guy to fuck off in general. 

Are you going to show up to her work and threaten him?  

Edited: 6 days ago
4/1/10

It is inappropriate.

If she feels uncomfortable she should ask him to stop.

If she doesn't want to do that, or has and he hasn't listened, she should document it with HR.

Sometimes this stuff seems benign, but other time people end up in some creeps basement chained to a radiator. Then, a year or two later, some dork like me watches a show about how she was murdered and dismembered and served as chili to the neighbors on an ID Discovery show.

Don't let her end up in his basement, or as a curiously pale chili, tell her talk to HR.

Also, if she talks to HR she doubles her job security.

6 days ago
1/20/08

How is that not harassment in your eyes? Approach him in person an let him know it makes her uncomfortable and is disrespectful to her, yourself and his wife. One warning, then if it continues, send screenshots to the wife, report to HR. Any further response, beat his ass. 

2/28/12
IS this the same girl that you piss in her face and make her lick the toilet?
6 days ago
11/9/05

lol, you’re a magnet for drama.

She should tell him to stop. If he doesn’t, she should escalate through company policies. 

6 days ago
12/29/09
He's already been inside, and she's trying to cut him off now.

Is a terrible, but unlikely possibility.
6 days ago
3/23/07

HR.

6 days ago
11/19/05
clattymine -

She should bring it up to her boss ... start a paper trail and just tell the guy to fuck off in general. 

She is the meak sort of girl that just smiles uncomfortably and  says, " stop it " with an ackward giggle. She is petrified of confrontation.

She did say the words though, " You need to stop, you are married."  he continues to proceed.

And no, I don't want to threaten him. I'm too old to be a violent confrontationist. 

I was jus thinking I write to him and say "you are making her uncomfortable. Please stop. You are married, she has a boyfriend. you are being disrespectful to me, my girl, and your wife. cool it. "

Something to that effect.

6 days ago
4/1/10

She asked me to speak with him because it's becoming too much and she generally doesn't like going to work and dealing with him daily.

This is a little alarming.

Is she just looking for drama?

Do not speak to him.

If it is what she says it is, then she should go to HR. She should be concerned about her job and her safety.

This hints at her wanting some drama.

6 days ago
3/16/15

She should go to HR.  Stay out of it unless he does saomething after HR speaks to him.

6 days ago
10/15/13
kingofpancakes80 - He's already been inside, and she's trying to cut him off now.

Is a terrible, but unlikely possibility.

This.

And she can still go to HR. Its a work issue, its none of your business. And block him from FB, i don't believe it can be that hard. Facebook is gay.

6 days ago
4/1/10
Fighting - 
clattymine -

She is the meak sort of girl that just smiles uncomfortably and  says, " stop it " with an ackward giggle. She is petrified of confrontation.

She did say the words though, " You need to stop, you are married."  he continues to proceed.

And no, I don't want to threaten him. I'm too old to be a violent confrontationist. 

I was jus thinking I write to him and say "you are making her uncomfortable. Please stop. You are married, she has a boyfriend. you are being disrespectful to me, my girl, and your wife. cool it. "

You are goping to write him a letter?

LOL

If I was flirty with a girl at work, and her boyfriend wrote me a letter/email I would fuck his girlfriend.

6 days ago
1/23/12

Whale, it is sexual harassment. That includes the activity on Facebook. Just because you are not on the clock, it does not exempt someone from their employers harassment policy. They should have a reporting mechanism at the employer. Otherwise theor are government agencies that she could contact. However, like they said, she probably likes the attention. 

6 days ago
11/19/05
Zned -
Fighting - 
clattymine -

You are goping to write him a letter?

LOL

If I was flirty with a girl at work, and her boyfriend wrote me a letter/email I would fuck his girlfriend.

A message. I figure that'd be better then waiting in the parking lot for him after work. lol.

6 days ago
5/14/09

Your girl is an adult, no?  Knowing how to deal with shit heads is part of being an adult.  Very inappropriate and problematic to ask you to come to her workplace to co front a guy.  She should deal with this at her workplace.

Now if it persist and HR does nothing then just go kick the guys ass but that’s last resort.  

6 days ago
2/11/03
Have your adult, mature, girlfriend go to HR or her boss and file a formal complaint and take it from there.
6 days ago
12/26/18

You don't even get involved until step 4.

1) she tells him to fk off

2) HR

3) Police

4) Step 4

Until step 4 its all her. Unless you're dating a child and you are a pedo, I will assume she is an adult and can handle herself as one. Adults don't always have the luxury of avoiding confrontation. Only other thing to consider is that she likes the attn and shes fucking with you. If thats the case you need to hit the eject button. Those are rhe worst types of womem to date.

6 days ago
2/11/03
Twinkle Toes - 

Your girl is an adult, no?  Knowing how to deal with shit heads is part of being an adult.  Very inappropriate and problematic to ask you to come to her workplace to co front a guy.  She should deal with this at her workplace.

Now if it persist and HR does nothing then just go kick the guys ass but that’s last resort.  

lol we have almost the same response.
6 days ago
1/1/01

I'm not saying that guy isn't doing what she's saying. I'm with everyone else. If this was a real problem, she would handle it the grown up way. 

6 days ago
2/5/05
Twinkle Toes - 

I would love to hear about someone like this guy harassing my girl. She'd likely be the one to get fired because she'd kick the ever loving shit out of someone who harassed her after she'd told him to knock it the fuck off. 

6 days ago
4/1/10
DaveFu - 

I'm not saying that guy isn't doing what she's saying. I'm with everyone else. If this was a real problem, she would handle it the grown up way. 

We agree here.

I have seen it before. The angry boyfriend shows up and the guy at work had no idea she wasn't single, or she flirted the fuck out of him. Then some guy shows up and is like, "yo my girl this and my girl that! FUCK YOU!"

Meanwhile everyone else is like, "These two have been fucking for a long time right?"

And so on and so forth....

Some women love the drama.

4/1/10
clattymine - 
Twinkle Toes - 

I would love to hear about someone like this guy harassing my girl. She'd likely be the one to get fired because she'd kick the ever loving shit out of someone who harassed her after she'd told him to knock it the fuck off. 

My wife's last 3 bosses were worth 9+ figures each.

I really feel like an asshole for saying this, but if one of them sexually harrassed her I would feel like we hit the lottery.

I would be in Jackie Chiles' office in a New York minute.

My first question wqould be, "how long till we settle?"

My second question would be, "can you put a bike rack on a Ferrari?"