OtherGround Forums Was Obama a good

6 days ago
3/20/15
Herring in a Fur Coat - 
lionsoul - 

I think he was ok... Largely ineffective... but not really his fault (he was blocked from doing just about anything by the GOP controlled congress).

I think history will look on him well for helping to lead us to recovery (even if the Treasury Secretary and Fed head really deserve most of the credit)...

People forget... but we could have just as easily gone down the trap of another great depression if we stuck to orthodoxy in our thinking (i.e. let the banks fail and insurance companies fail).

I think his foreign policy was a mess for the most part.  Left Iraq too early (led to ISIS).  Went along with taking out Gadaffi (Libya).  Didn't stand by his red line in Syria.

Solid C+.

Mostly this.

I would also minus for Holder and Fast & Furious, continued warrantless surveillance, and not closing Guantanamo which was a campaign promises.

Plus for at least attempting to fix healthcare, even though it was mostly in vain but it was better than doing nothing, and considering the opposition from Republicans it's a surprise he's got anything at all accomplished.

Shitting on your own dinner plate is an accomplishment.....doesn't mean it's good....

6 days ago
11/18/11
truewrestler -

I can understand various criticisms of Obama but not the one about him causing race issues, or as said above.. setting back race relations. What is the basis for that assessment? 

Late in his presidency we had the rise of Black Lives Matters and the attendant racial strife that all entailed. I'm not saying that things have improved under Trump, that is obviously not the case. But the cureent state of very poor relations is Obama legacy stuff. And I'm someone who quite liked him until the invasion of Libya.

6 days ago
6/30/07
truewrestler -

I can understand various criticisms of Obama but not the one about him causing race issues, or as said above.. setting back race relations. What is the basis for that assessment? 

He absolutely stirred the shit any chance he got, he encouraged situations like Ferguson. Never missed a chance to call police racists within hours of any officer involved shooting, and never even once acknowledged that he was completely wrong when fact came out, just moved on to the next shooting with his blanket accusations of institutional racism.

"He could have been my son"

You remember that shit?

6 days ago
6/30/07
lionsoul -
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

Race baiter ? Yes....the best....

You would think he was Malcolm X the way the OG goes on. It's funny because blacks generally think he was too reticent on racial issues.

Not sure the OG could cope with another black President.

That is the irony....

Blacks disliked him immensely for not taking a stronger interest in promoting "black" issues.

That said... many Americans lost respect for him when he met with and gave credibility to BLM folks... especially when so many of them were disrespectful to the Police.

To be fair... Trump is far more polarizing on almost everything, but especially race relations.

But where does that polarization come from? 

Obama set that tone and the news ate it up to the point that it was all they cared about. Which led to the baseless allegations towards trump, which have been repeated so many times that your average American probably hears it twice a day. 

6 days ago
11/7/07
in
6 days ago
3/20/15
Mountain Medic - 
lionsoul -
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

You would think he was Malcolm X the way the OG goes on. It's funny because blacks generally think he was too reticent on racial issues.

That is the irony....

Blacks disliked him immensely for not taking a stronger interest in promoting "black" issues.

That said... many Americans lost respect for him when he met with and gave credibility to BLM folks... especially when so many of them were disrespectful to the Police.

To be fair... Trump is far more polarizing on almost everything, but especially race relations.

Obama set that tone and the news ate it up to the point that it was all they cared about. Which led to the baseless allegations towards trump, which have been repeated so many times that your average American probably hears it twice a day. 

The media has made Trump a racist...none of his actions have..

Pretty sad and pathetic to be honest.

6 days ago
9/14/02
Hard to say at this point. People still think Bill Clinton was a wonderful president and now we find out he's been raping kids and wearing women's clothing so I think we need to wait a few years before we make a call on Obama.
6 days ago
1/1/01

Absolutely. The most important role for a political leader is as a moral compass for the nation. They have very little effect on economics afterall. And for that he scored highly.

6 days ago
11/4/10

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2014/08/09/50-things-barack-obama-has-done-wrong-n1876744

6 days ago
4/1/11

Had a chance to back an uprising Iran instead watched protestors die then gave the regime sh..  tons of money.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Mit - 

If you go on being likeable......good on a teleprompter and being lower as far as gaffs then yeah hes great.  He was more a style than a substance president.  He had his share of scandal however just like any other president.

The MSM will tell you he had a scandal-free presidency.
6 days ago
11/9/17
He was a lamb duck President absolutely! I have found that for everyone that thinks he was an amazing President that they cannot state one single thing he did that was positive for the US.
6 days ago
5/10/08
RhinoHog - 
Mountain Medic - 
lionsoul -
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

That is the irony....

Meh... Trump is far more polarizing on everything (including race relations) than Obama IMO...

The guy loves to troll and definitely trolls on race-related crap...

6 days ago
11/18/11
RhinoHog -
Mountain Medic - 
lionsoul -
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

That is the irony....

I had an elderly next door neighbor that I used to check in on before she moved in with her daughter and every time I would go over there she would have the tv tuned in to CNN and she would greet me, smetimes in tears, complaining about the Trump menace, how he won't let in the dreamers, etc. It was a non stop deluge of anti Trump propaganda and she was hopelessly addicted to it.

I eventually did manage to convince her to turn off CNN, only to find her tuned into MSNBC. It was hopeless.

6 days ago
3/20/15
pulsar - 

Absolutely. The most important role for a political leader is as a moral compass for the nation. They have very little effect on economics afterall. And for that he scored highly.

So a moral compass always points to race ?

6 days ago
1/1/01
Obama is the perfect example of what happens when the MSM does everything in their power to make sure your presidency is a success.

Trump is the perfect example of what happens when the MSM does everything in their power to make sure your presidency is a failure.
6 days ago
5/22/05
Liyon -
Mit - 

If you go on being likeable......good on a teleprompter and being lower as far as gaffs then yeah hes great.  He was more a style than a substance president.  He had his share of scandal however just like any other president.

I think the so called scsndals were chicken shit stuff. 

6 days ago
5/18/11

He put border kids in concentration camps and seperated families = R A C I S T.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Megatherium -
RhinoHog -
Mountain Medic - 
lionsoul -
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

That is the irony....

I had an elderly next door neighbor that I used to check in on before she moved in with her daughter and every time I would go over there she would have the tv tuned in to CNN and she would greet me, smetimes in tears, complaining about the Trump menace, how he won't let in the dreamers, etc. It was a non stop deluge of anti Trump propaganda and she was hopelessly addicted to it.

I eventually did manage to convince her to turn off CNN, only to find her tuned into MSNBC. It was hopeless.

My dad was the same way with Fox News and Obama. However he hates Trump and can't watch Fox News anymore.

6 days ago
11/18/11
truewrestler -
Megatherium -
RhinoHog -
Mountain Medic - 
lionsoul -
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

That is the irony....

My dad was the same way with Fox News and Obama. However he hates Trump and can't watch Fox News anymore.

If that means your dad has ditched cable news altogether then I'd say we can chalk it up as a big win.

6 days ago
9/12/05
banco - 
Liyon -
Mit - 

I think the so called scsndals were chicken shit stuff. 

Fast and furious was not chicken shit, nor was the IRS scandal. He got let off the hook for the assassinations of the police officers in Texas, despite the inflammatory rhetoric he was constantly spewing, whereas the same media makes up total lies about Trump while they try to blame him.

Obama was a tyrant and a dictator when it came to controlling information. He lived in fear of FOX news and launched investigations into their reporters over nothing.

He allowed China to expand it's territory of influence into the China sea which was enormously detrimental to us, and something we are still trying to deal with.

He lied about several terror attacks because he was more loyal to islam than he was to America.

And I could go on and on, but what else would you expect from the son of a commie sympathizer? He was trash.
6 days ago
1/1/01
RhinoHog - 
pulsar - 

So a moral compass always points to race ?

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

You're aware how much the current POTUS uses race for political gain I assume?

6 days ago
11/11/13
pulsar -

Serious question. Are you by chance, retarded?

6 days ago
9/12/05
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

You're speaking to a leftist. Remember "their truth" is more important than facts, lol...

No, I'm not kidding. They actually think this way.
6 days ago
1/1/01
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

No. Do you have any other retarded questions?