OtherGround Forums Was Obama a good

10 days ago
11/9/17
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

Absolutely. The most important role for a political leader is as a moral compass for the nation. They have very little effect on economics afterall. And for that he scored highly.

Serious question. Are you by chance, retarded?

Considering his "moral compass" statement do you even need to ask? smh!

In my lifetime I had never seen a US President openly and brazenly fan the flames of racism and division like that POS. It was absurd to the POTUS jumping to conclusions without all the facts and in doing so created more civil unrest than any other in my time.

10 days ago
10/2/06

Got us out of a bad recession which we nearly feel into another great depression.

Wiped out Ghadaffi and Bin Laden.

Solid foreign relationships with Europe (all gone south now with current numb nuts in office)

Attempted to make some safer gun laws such as needing a background check with mental health (again, current numb nuts got rid of that,and shootings have only gotten worse. 

Definitely one of the better presidents in our history. Cheeto dick won't ever match up to him.

10 days ago
5/19/07

In

10 days ago
6/30/07
factseatfeelings -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

Absolutely. The most important role for a political leader is as a moral compass for the nation. They have very little effect on economics afterall. And for that he scored highly.

You're speaking to a leftist. Remember "their truth" is more important than facts, lol...

No, I'm not kidding. They actually think this way.

"It's more important to be morally right than factually correct"

-AOC

Yes, she really said that.

10 days ago
1/1/01
PelosiesPanties - 
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

In my lifetime I had never seen a US President openly and brazenly fan the flames of racism and division like that POS. It was absurd to the POTUS jumping to conclusions without all the facts and in doing so created more civil unrest than any other in my time.

Pretty sure the conversation was about Obama, not the racist-in-chief at the moment brosef.

10 days ago
1/1/01

There is too much politics and too fresh to say if he was good or bad. Wait 20 years and maybe we will the real answer

10 days ago
11/18/11

Out

Edited: 10 days ago
2/4/07
He'll be remembered as the guy whose only lasting legacy was getting Trump elected.
10 days ago
9/30/09
RhinoHog -
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

Race baiter ? Yes....the best....

You would think he was Malcolm X the way the OG goes on. It's funny because blacks generally think he was too reticent on racial issues.

Not sure the OG could cope with another black President.

You do realize he's only half black and grew up with the white side right ???

Soooo... that makes racism less for him? Are you going to do the paper bag test?  

There were stirrings of different polite ideologies, that eventually went to race under Obama. But NOTHING like when Trump took over. 

Obama was an average President. 

10 days ago
9/30/09
Mountain Medic -
factseatfeelings -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

You're speaking to a leftist. Remember "their truth" is more important than facts, lol...

-AOC

“Alternative Facts”

-Trump Administration     

Theyre ALL assholes. Left and right. 

10 days ago
12/6/14
PelosiesPanties -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

This was biggest issue with him. And the double standard that is now being portrayed in todays politics with Trump. You can easily pull an Obama quote. Ask a Democrat if she/it agrees with it, but say Trump said it. Then when they vehemently disagree you let them know it was Obama. Or Hillary. Or mlk. Or ghandi actually said it. Both sides are guilty of it, seems more prevalent with the left though.

10 days ago
9/12/05
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes - 

Got us out of a bad recession which we nearly feel into another great depression.

Wiped out Ghadaffi and Bin Laden.

Solid foreign relationships with Europe (all gone south now with current numb nuts in office)

Attempted to make some safer gun laws such as needing a background check with mental health (again, current numb nuts got rid of that,and shootings have only gotten worse. 

Definitely one of the better presidents in our history. Cheeto dick won't ever match up to him.

The OBL success had nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with our military and intelligence agencies. He gets 0 credit for that.

His foreign policy was, and still is a disaster when you look at the state of affairs in places Syria. Forget about his spineless leadership in holding other countries in the EU accountable. HIs dealings with China was also a disgrace.

Trump has already outperformed him on every level, which is why the left-run media hates him so much.
10 days ago
1/27/14

No, and it’s been a long time since we’ve had a “ good” president 

10 days ago
5/7/08
He accoplished the unholy grail of globalist propaganda by winning a nobel prize for his words while simultaneously earning his nation the unenviable title of "Biggest threat to world peace" with his actions. Not surprisingly he went on to legalize the direction of US government sponsored propaganda against US citizens so that he, and people like him, could continue receiveing accolades from the ignorant masses for their words while continuing to eviscerate whatever moral core remained in this country.

10 days ago
6/4/06
ttt
10 days ago
1/2/07

He seemed to be a very good diplomat for the world.  I was particularly upset that he came off as an intellectual but pushed narratives like the gender pay gap.  Earlier in his career and when he was first running he had a message to the black community of pulling yourself up by the bootstrap.  Then everything became racism with Eric Holder.  I feel he did grave harm to our country.. all with the best intentions. 

10 days ago
9/12/05
BostonCharm - 
Mountain Medic -
factseatfeelings -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

-AOC

“Alternative Facts”

-Trump Administration     

Theyre ALL assholes. Left and right. 

You just don't get it.

The media was trying to define the Trump administration with their own version of facts, while neglecting or suppressing facts that the Trump administration wanted to draw attention to.

The choice lies with the observer. You could buy the narrative that the media was peddling, or (alternatively) you could look at other facts. That's how things work when you have alternatives. Get it now?
10 days ago
11/1/06
factseatfeelings -
banco - 
Liyon -
Mit - 

If you go on being likeable......good on a teleprompter and being lower as far as gaffs then yeah hes great.  He was more a style than a substance president.  He had his share of scandal however just like any other president.

The MSM will tell you he had a scandal-free presidency.

I think the so called scsndals were chicken shit stuff. 

Fast and furious was not chicken shit, nor was the IRS scandal. He got let off the hook for the assassinations of the police officers in Texas, despite the inflammatory rhetoric he was constantly spewing, whereas the same media makes up total lies about Trump while they try to blame him.

Obama was a tyrant and a dictator when it came to controlling information. He lived in fear of FOX news and launched investigations into their reporters over nothing.

He allowed China to expand it's territory of influence into the China sea which was enormously detrimental to us, and something we are still trying to deal with.

He lied about several terror attacks because he was more loyal to islam than he was to America.

And I could go on and on, but what else would you expect from the son of a commie sympathizer? He was trash.

So much bullshit here. Do you get all your information from Info Wars?

10 days ago
3/2/11

Good reader of teleprompters

10 days ago
1/1/01
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
PelosiesPanties -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

This was biggest issue with him. And the double standard that is now being portrayed in todays politics with Trump. You can easily pull an Obama quote. Ask a Democrat if she/it agrees with it, but say Trump said it. Then when they vehemently disagree you let them know it was Obama. Or Hillary. Or mlk. Or ghandi actually said it. Both sides are guilty of it, seems more prevalent with the left though.

Comedy.

Can you provide examples of Obama's 'race baiting' that rivals anything that pours out of the orange buffoon in the White House today?

10 days ago
9/12/05
LoveToChoke - 
factseatfeelings -
banco - 
Liyon -
Mit - 

If you go on being likeable......good on a teleprompter and being lower as far as gaffs then yeah hes great.  He was more a style than a substance president.  He had his share of scandal however just like any other president.

The MSM will tell you he had a scandal-free presidency.

I think the so called scsndals were chicken shit stuff. 

Fast and furious was not chicken shit, nor was the IRS scandal. He got let off the hook for the assassinations of the police officers in Texas, despite the inflammatory rhetoric he was constantly spewing, whereas the same media makes up total lies about Trump while they try to blame him.

Obama was a tyrant and a dictator when it came to controlling information. He lived in fear of FOX news and launched investigations into their reporters over nothing.

He allowed China to expand it's territory of influence into the China sea which was enormously detrimental to us, and something we are still trying to deal with.

He lied about several terror attacks because he was more loyal to islam than he was to America.

And I could go on and on, but what else would you expect from the son of a commie sympathizer? He was trash.

So much bullshit here. Do you get all your information from Info Wars?

Name one thing I've lied about.

10 days ago
5/29/18

He was okay. 

Pissed me off he gave OBL ceremonious burial at sea lol

10 days ago
9/12/05
pulsar - 
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
PelosiesPanties -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

Comedy.

Can you provide examples of Obama's 'race baiting' that rivals anything that pours out of the orange buffoon in the White House today?

Trump has never engaged in race baiting. He has stated some very simple facts that leftists can't seem to accept, but that's because of their mental disabilities.

Obama blatantly stuck his nose into local business anytime he could find an incident that involved a black vs white scenario. He never dealt with black on black violence, but he would preach and shriek over statistically irrelevant police shootings anytime he could.

He still owes an apology (and a job) to the police officer in Ferguson, but instead all we see is the same type of idiotic pandering in Harris or Warren out there playing trying to resuscitate that story. It's really quite pathetic.
10 days ago
7/31/09

I wrote this post as a reply to a more liberal site that was discussing the case against Obama's presidency.  I didn't get into everything with Obama but I think this post sums up how I feel about him.  

https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2019/august/the-case-against-obama

I was having some discussions recently with friends and how we would grade recent presidents. I consider myself a liberal minded moderate. I have Trump currently at a C+/incomplete, W Bush at F- and Obama at D-. The major marks against Obama for me are his healthcare plan, foreign policy, and his inability to get things positive done in a lasting fashion.

His hallmark achievement was supposed to be healthcare reform. Sure it "did a lot", but nothing he really did changed healthcare costs and currently health insurance is skyrocketing. The ACA was kind of a disaster on the whole and there was no need for it to be as sloppily put together as it was. I can't think of anyone that I have talked to in healthcare that thinks it made anything better, but that's my anecdotal experience. This was supposed to be the crown jewel of his presidency and it's very hard to see it that way as time has passed.

Beyond that his foreign policy was like a mini version of W Bush. Very sloppy and killed many people with some crazy interventions, he didn't handle the Iraq exit well, and he also made the decision to stay in Afghanistan (which Trump has fully committed to as well). He really lived up to that Nobel Peace Prize didn't he? Further, his administration was responsible for spy scandals that seem to have been quietly forgotten like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spying_on_United_Nations_leaders_by_United_States_diplomats

I think his actions with Cuba while somewhat well meaning were naive and screwed up the immigration status of many Cubans here in the US when he ended the wet foot dry foot policy (an odd policy to start with). For some reason he was given a free pass on this which baffled me. With Iran his actions were also sloppy and he didn't create any sort of lasting treaty. I am certainly in favor of a detente with Iran and less friendly relations with the Saudis but Obama's actions were hasty and done in a fashion that didn't win him any favor with the Republicans. Massive backlash to that deal was guaranteed.

The border and immigration are all the rage to talk about under Trump (mainly due to Trump), but Obama was more heavy handed and more people died under Obama at the border. I've only seen critics on the far left point this out. Let's also not forget The Fast and Furious scandal. Again Obama gets a free pass on this. 

With gun control Obama did absolutely nothing other than talk a big game in my eyes. I felt like he had the opportunity to push some wide sweeping reforms, but it never happened.

The economy was stable under Obama and he did a good job managing the deficit (something that Trump has completely blown up), but I wish he would have made some lasting changes to the entitlement programs to help their sustainability. Also, I don't fault Obama for this but I wish his administration would have taken bigger steps against the major banks involved in the bailout. I wish he would have helped to limit their size and dismantle them somewhat. Dodd Frank was not really that great of a bill either. If he actually broke up big banks then that would have been much more helpful than cementing them as American (effectively federally backed) institutions.

Gay rights took a big step forward under Obama which was positive.

He helped to end some abusive practices with for profit trade type schools.

He caught Osama.

I guess I'm having trouble actually finding really good policies Obama enacted that are still going strong today. Can anyone point to a few other things for me? Maybe I'm just too critical of Obama because there are almost zero critics of Obama on the left (which is where most of my friends are at politically). He's like the Reagan of the left.

10 days ago
3/20/15

The only thing gays won under Obama was a word...marriage.

I don't know anything about for profit schools...they can't pay for themselves...

He caught Osama who was dead years before this fake shit happened....