OtherGround Forums Was Obama a good

Edited: 10 days ago
7/31/09
RhinoHog -

The only thing gays won under Obama was a word...marriage.

I don't know anything about for profit schools...they can't pay for themselves...

He caught Osama who was dead years before this fake shit happened....

The for profit trade school thing related to people not getting an education that led to "gainful employment".  Basically schools like ITT Tech and shit were leading people with the promise of great jobs after graduating but that wasn't reality.  His admin came down pretty hard on them and I think that was positive, but still the major trend of people going to college (or halfway going to college) racking up student loan debt (that was federally backed) but not really gaining much from it continued to grow at a very rapid pace under his administration. 

10 days ago
5/23/07
Holy shit is Pulsar some kind of special
10 days ago
12/6/14
pulsar -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
PelosiesPanties -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

Absolutely. The most important role for a political leader is as a moral compass for the nation. They have very little effect on economics afterall. And for that he scored highly.

Serious question. Are you by chance, retarded?

Considering his "moral compass" statement do you even need to ask? smh!

In my lifetime I had never seen a US President openly and brazenly fan the flames of racism and division like that POS. It was absurd to the POTUS jumping to conclusions without all the facts and in doing so created more civil unrest than any other in my time.

This was biggest issue with him. And the double standard that is now being portrayed in todays politics with Trump. You can easily pull an Obama quote. Ask a Democrat if she/it agrees with it, but say Trump said it. Then when they vehemently disagree you let them know it was Obama. Or Hillary. Or mlk. Or ghandi actually said it. Both sides are guilty of it, seems more prevalent with the left though.

Comedy.

Can you provide examples of Obama's 'race baiting' that rivals anything that pours out of the orange buffoon in the White House today?

Easily. Trayvon Martin. Also a lot of immigration policy you'd assume was Republican was backed by Democrats for years. Comedy? Meh faggot

10 days ago
11/27/16

Well, Jimmy Carter has is back in the public eye, so that should tell you where BO stands.

10 days ago
1/1/01
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
pulsar -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
PelosiesPanties -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

Absolutely. The most important role for a political leader is as a moral compass for the nation. They have very little effect on economics afterall. And for that he scored highly.

In my lifetime I had never seen a US President openly and brazenly fan the flames of racism and division like that POS. It was absurd to the POTUS jumping to conclusions without all the facts and in doing so created more civil unrest than any other in my time.

This was biggest issue with him. And the double standard that is now being portrayed in todays politics with Trump. You can easily pull an Obama quote. Ask a Democrat if she/it agrees with it, but say Trump said it. Then when they vehemently disagree you let them know it was Obama. Or Hillary. Or mlk. Or ghandi actually said it. Both sides are guilty of it, seems more prevalent with the left though.

Comedy.

Can you provide examples of Obama's 'race baiting' that rivals anything that pours out of the orange buffoon in the White House today?

Easily. Trayvon Martin. Also a lot of immigration policy you'd assume was Republican was backed by Democrats for years. Comedy? Meh faggot

You mean, saying that he could have been Trayvon when he was younger? Was that your example? Comedy. Gold. It's laughable how dense you mouth-breathing deplorables are. Peerless entertainment.

Also. It doesn't seem like many people share your 'Trump is totally like, bringing people together man' shit.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457480-trump-disapproval-rises-to-near-record-fox-news-poll

"Fifty-nine percent of voters in the poll say they are unhappy with the way things are going in the country.

The same proportion say the president is "tearing the country apart," compared to only 31 percent who say he is "drawing the country together." Two years ago, those numbers stood at 56 percent and 33 percent, respectively."

Fox poll too.

'faggot'.

10 days ago
3/1/09
Mountain Medic -

Set back race relations 30 years, ordered more drone strikes than anyone is history, kept us in a war after promising to get us out, Obama care was an unsustainable joke, and allowed Clinton to get away with ridiculous shit.

No hope, change for the worse.

"ordered more drone strikes than anyone in history"

Come on man, that's as disingenuous as you can get, you're better than that.

10 days ago
1/23/19
Somerville Bad Boy -

He's ranked 12th by presidential historians. The objective and majority subjective answer is yes he was a good president. You'll hear "no" more on here but the OGs opinion is not exactly representative the person's.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/presidents-ranked-from-worst-to-best-presidential-historians-survey-2017/

12th based on what? Sounding elegant?. I challenge anyone to name one improvement he made twords  American quality of life. 

10 days ago
2/6/12
pulsar -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
pulsar -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
PelosiesPanties -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

Comedy.

You mean, saying that he could have been Trayvon when he was younger? Was that your example? Comedy. Gold. It's laughable how dense you mouth-breathing deplorables are. Peerless entertainment.

Also. It doesn't seem like many people share your 'Trump is totally like, bringing people together man' shit.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457480-trump-disapproval-rises-to-near-record-fox-news-poll

"Fifty-nine percent of voters in the poll say they are unhappy with the way things are going in the country.

The same proportion say the president is "tearing the country apart," compared to only 31 percent who say he is "drawing the country together." Two years ago, those numbers stood at 56 percent and 33 percent, respectively."

Fox poll too.

'faggot'.

https://youtu.be/xQPBPB8UDyQ

Start at 22 minutes. That’s the former president speaking at a memorial of 5 officers who were gunned down by a guy who said he wanted to kill white officers. 

10 days ago
5/10/08
homegrowncone -
Mountain Medic -

Set back race relations 30 years, ordered more drone strikes than anyone is history, kept us in a war after promising to get us out, Obama care was an unsustainable joke, and allowed Clinton to get away with ridiculous shit.

What do you mean?

I think that is accurate.

That said, I don't think our military was using drones on the regular until Obama.

10 days ago
5/10/08
mje364 -
pulsar -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
pulsar -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
PelosiesPanties -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

Comedy.

Fox poll too.

'faggot'.

Start at 22 minutes. That’s the former president speaking at a memorial of 5 officers who were gunned down by a guy who said he wanted to kill white officers. 

Yeah... thought that was pretty disgusting... only to be bested by Bush W who was laughing and dancing at the  end.

Totally inappropriate time to be making those comments by Obama.

10 days ago
6/30/07
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - Holy shit is Pulsar some kind of special

Its something to behold alright

10 days ago
6/30/07
lionsoul -
homegrowncone -
Mountain Medic -

What do you mean?

I think that is accurate.

That said, I don't think our military was using drones on the regular until Obama.

Yeah, that's when it escalated exponentially.

10 days ago
6/30/07
homegrowncone -
Mountain Medic -

The technology hadn't changed, just the usage under Obama's tenure. It's simply a fact.

I voted trump but I'm just a recovering Democrat, not a full trumpanzee. I'm not someone that thinks he can do no wrong, he says some really dumb shit and I'm not a fan of some of his decisions or the people he keeps around him.

When Trump, or any other president, starts to hit Obama's numbers you can guarantee that I'll be very critical.

The level of remote control warfare we engaged in under the previous administration is staggering. It was a way to keep American body counts down (always good) while prolonging action in places we shouldn't have been while we make deals with people whose entire religion is based on wiping out everyone else on the planet. And of course military industrial complex, world bank, etc...

He was everything he campaigned against and if you criticized him you were called a closet racist. It was the beginning of shutting down actual dialog by just shouting down or making it otherwise saying anything dissenting.

He fucked this country up, hope and change my ass.

10 days ago
1/1/01
mje364 - 
pulsar -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
pulsar -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 
PelosiesPanties -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
pulsar -

Comedy.

Fox poll too.

'faggot'.

Um...??

Thanks for reminding me what a true, articulate and intelligent leader sounds like?

How on God's green earth do you perceive that as dividing society? You don't think a time like that is a good opportuntiy to highlight injustices minority communities receive? Of course it fucking is.

To even COMPARE that to the rubbish that spews from Trump's mouth is a total embarrassment.

Again though, I appreciate the memories of a better time.

10 days ago
6/30/07

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/sep/11/henry-kissinger/kissinger-drones-have-killed-more-civilians-bombin/

"There were fewer civilian casualties in Cambodia than there have been from American drone attacks."

— Henry Kissingeron Saturday, September 6th, 2014 in an interview on NPR

10 days ago
3/1/09
Mountain Medic -
homegrowncone -
Mountain Medic -

The technology hadn't changed, just the usage under Obama's tenure. It's simply a fact.

I voted trump but I'm just a recovering Democrat, not a full trumpanzee. I'm not someone that thinks he can do no wrong, he says some really dumb shit and I'm not a fan of some of his decisions or the people he keeps around him.

When Trump, or any other president, starts to hit Obama's numbers you can guarantee that I'll be very critical.

The level of remote control warfare we engaged in under the previous administration is staggering. It was a way to keep American body counts down (always good) while prolonging action in places we shouldn't have been while we make deals with people whose entire religion is based on wiping out everyone else on the planet. And of course military industrial complex, world bank, etc...

He was everything he campaigned against and if you criticized him you were called a closet racist. It was the beginning of shutting down actual dialog by just shouting down or making it otherwise saying anything dissenting.

He fucked this country up, hope and change my ass.

The US did not start reporting drone strikes until half-way through the previous president's administration.  Obviously there were more.  Just because something is factual doesn't mean presenting it out of context isn't disingenuous.

10 days ago
2/22/13
fanat -

No, next question. 

Stole my answer

10 days ago
2/22/13
EnderinAK -

He seemed to be a very good diplomat for the world.  I was particularly upset that he came off as an intellectual but pushed narratives like the gender pay gap.  Earlier in his career and when he was first running he had a message to the black community of pulling yourself up by the bootstrap.  Then everything became racism with Eric Holder.  I feel he did grave harm to our country.. all with the best intentions. 

Bending over to take it in the ass from every other country doesn’t make one a good diplomat.  

10 days ago
7/26/12

He increased the amount of racist chain emails from mid west family members more than any president .

all Hail the anti christ.

10 days ago
7/26/12
Mountain Medic -

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/sep/11/henry-kissinger/kissinger-drones-have-killed-more-civilians-bombin/

"There were fewer civilian casualties in Cambodia than there have been from American drone attacks."

Are we accepting PF as a legit source. Just need to know since 2008-2016 it was absolutely not per conservatives 

10 days ago
5/23/07
Mountain Medic - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - Holy shit is Pulsar some kind of special

Its something to behold alright

It's frightening that there are people who 'think' like him.
10 days ago
1/1/01
WendyIDMT - 
EnderinAK -

He seemed to be a very good diplomat for the world.  I was particularly upset that he came off as an intellectual but pushed narratives like the gender pay gap.  Earlier in his career and when he was first running he had a message to the black community of pulling yourself up by the bootstrap.  Then everything became racism with Eric Holder.  I feel he did grave harm to our country.. all with the best intentions. 

Bending over to take it in the ass from every other country doesn’t make one a good diplomat.  

Let me guess - alienating allies and propping up dictators is the mark of true gravitas and dipolmatic ability.

10 days ago
3/1/09
Mountain Medic -

You specifically and intentionally removed the first part of his statement "And I bet if one did an honest account,"  The truth is an honest account does not exist, and while he's someone who's opinion holds a lot of weight his admitted speculation is still not fact.

That being said I'm sure the number is very, very high, however 8 years of drone strikes is not 4, no matter how you cut it.

Edited: 10 days ago
12/26/05

He destroyed the antiwar vein of the left...and mostly by accident.  That was the primary saving grace of the left since the Vietnam war.

Now Gabbards position on foreign policy and war is described as "right wing".

Also how he won ushered in the current era of identity politics on the left, abandoning the working class narrative throughout much of the US for either blatantly pro-socialist or tribal narratives.

I'm not sure if either of these things were done on purpose....and I dont know if it makes the result better or worse.

10 days ago
6/30/07
homegrowncone -
Mountain Medic -

You specifically and intentionally removed the first part of his statement "And I bet if one did an honest account,"  The truth is an honest account does not exist, and while he's someone who's opinion holds a lot of weight his admitted speculation is still not fact.

That being said I'm sure the number is very, very high, however 8 years of drone strikes is not 4, no matter how you cut it.

I included the literal top of the article, there is nothing above it beyond a masthead and a URL.

No selective editing on my part.

Why are you trying so hard to defend it? Or do you just want to argue about shit? Because I have like 10 paragraphs on mayo vs miracle whip alone, and don't get me started on laser pointers!