OtherGround Forums Was Obama a good

Edited: 10 days ago
2/9/09

President? 

My buddy loved him, I dont really know much about politics...

10 days ago
11/21/05

10 days ago
6/6/02

No, next question. 

Edited: 10 days ago
5/10/08

I think he was ok... Largely ineffective... but not really his fault (he was blocked from doing just about anything by the GOP controlled congress).

I think history will look on him well for helping to lead us to recovery (even if the Treasury Secretary and Fed head really deserve most of the credit)...

People forget... but we could have just as easily gone down the trap of another great depression if we stuck to orthodoxy in our thinking (i.e. let the banks fail and insurance companies fail).

I think his foreign policy was a mess for the most part.  Left Iraq too early (led to ISIS).  Went along with taking out Gadaffi (Libya).  Didn't stand by his red line in Syria.

Solid C+.

10 days ago
1/1/01
false
10 days ago
11/18/11

Won the Nobel Peace Prize; bombed prosperous Libya into smoldering rubble heaps.

A mixed bag on the foreign policy front, decidedly.

10 days ago
2/13/16

Pretty much status quo.  He gets credit for the recession turn around (though you could argue against it) but he loses a lot of points for being plain unamerican and the division he caused.

10 days ago
2/15/06
No, he was useless. He also seemed to hate Israel. I despise the idea that he celebrated in the White House when the will of the people concerning marriage was overturned.
10 days ago
2/5/05

Obamacare. 

Clase closed. 

10 days ago
6/30/07

Set back race relations 30 years, ordered more drone strikes than anyone is history, kept us in a war after promising to get us out, Obama care was an unsustainable joke, and allowed Clinton to get away with ridiculous shit.

No hope, change for the worse.

10 days ago
1/1/01

If you go on being likeable......good on a teleprompter and being lower as far as gaffs then yeah hes great.  He was more a style than a substance president.  He had his share of scandal however just like any other president.

10 days ago
3/20/15

Race baiter ? Yes....the best....

10 days ago
5/22/05
RhinoHog - 

You would think he was Malcolm X the way the OG goes on. It's funny because blacks generally think he was too reticent on racial issues.

Not sure the OG could cope with another black President.
10 days ago
3/16/15

No

10 days ago
1/22/19
Mountain Medic -

Set back race relations 30 years, ordered more drone strikes than anyone is history, kept us in a war after promising to get us out, Obama care was an unsustainable joke, and allowed Clinton to get away with ridiculous shit.

No hope, change for the worse.

30?  More like 60.

10 days ago
1/1/01

I can understand various criticisms of Obama but not the one about him causing race issues, or as said above.. setting back race relations. What is the basis for that assessment? 

10 days ago
6/22/09

Photo op with Castro. Need we say more? 

10 days ago
3/22/10
banco -
RhinoHog - 

You would think he was Malcolm X the way the OG goes on. It's funny because blacks generally think he was too reticent on racial issues.

This. Saying there are race issues apparently means that he is racist.

10 days ago
3/22/10
truewrestler -

I can understand various criticisms of Obama but not the one about him causing race issues, or as said above.. setting back race relations. What is the basis for that assessment? 

Being black= setting back race relations.

10 days ago
3/20/15
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

You do realize he's only half black and grew up with the white side right ???

10 days ago
4/29/09

Ttt

10 days ago
4/27/08
lionsoul - 

I think he was ok... Largely ineffective... but not really his fault (he was blocked from doing just about anything by the GOP controlled congress).

I think history will look on him well for helping to lead us to recovery (even if the Treasury Secretary and Fed head really deserve most of the credit)...

People forget... but we could have just as easily gone down the trap of another great depression if we stuck to orthodoxy in our thinking (i.e. let the banks fail and insurance companies fail).

I think his foreign policy was a mess for the most part.  Left Iraq too early (led to ISIS).  Went along with taking out Gadaffi (Libya).  Didn't stand by his red line in Syria.

Solid C+.

Mostly this.

I would also minus for Holder and Fast & Furious, continued warrantless surveillance, and not closing Guantanamo which was a campaign promises.

Plus for at least attempting to fix healthcare, even though it was mostly in vain but it was better than doing nothing, and considering the opposition from Republicans it's a surprise he's got anything at all accomplished.
10 days ago
6/30/07
banco -
RhinoHog - 

I could handle another black president, what a stupid thing to say.

What I can't handle is another president, black or white, that always sides against law enforcement moments after any officer involved shooting or supports idiots like the occupy movement.

10 days ago
5/10/08
banco - 
RhinoHog - 

That is the irony....

Blacks disliked him immensely for not taking a stronger interest in promoting "black" issues.

That said... many Americans lost respect for him when he met with and gave credibility to BLM folks... especially when so many of them were disrespectful to the Police.

To be fair... Trump is far more polarizing on almost everything, but especially race relations.

10 days ago
1/1/01

He's ranked 12th by presidential historians. The objective and majority subjective answer is yes he was a good president. You'll hear "no" more on here but the OGs opinion is not exactly representative the person's.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/presidents-ranked-from-worst-to-best-presidential-historians-survey-2017/