OtherGround Forums We gonna talk about this chicken sandwich or not?

30 days ago
12/10/09

It was ok, but has nothing on Chick-Fil-A.

If you have to slather a bunch of mayo-based sauce on it, you’re already showing weakness imo. There is no difference beteeen their spicy and regular sandwich other than one gets mayo and the other gets Mayo with hot spices in it. The chicken breast is well cooked, but just wait until it’s been on the menu for 6mo and the Popeyes employees can go back to their normal subpar quality assurance standards. 

Reminds me of the guys in grade school that thought Dominique Wilkins was better than Jordan. 

This sandwich is strictly a Sunday option. 

Edited: 30 days ago
12/10/09
BJ Penn Forever -

Anyone try the spicy one? Is the breading the spicy breading like the spicy chicken or is it just the mayo that is spicy?

I hope the breading is spicy like their normal chicken but some bitch on youtube said the spicy breading was just the normal breading, I hope she just got a fucked up sandwich. Trying one tonight, can't wait. Popeyes is my favorite fast food and the chick-fil-a spicy chicken sandwich has been my favorite single fast food item so this is like a dream come true to me.

She was right. I got one of each and I got the sauce on the side in case it sucked. They are the exact same sandwich. Popeyes does have good spicy chicken, so it’s a big disappointment that the sandwich doesn’t utilize that breading. 

30 days ago
7/24/14
MagicMark -

So it's just a chicken sandwich?  Wtf is special about it? 

This. Nothing more bland than a chicken sandwich. So why does this one make black people fight employees for running out? What are in these sandwiches 

30 days ago
1/1/01
scrapdo -
BJ Penn Forever -

Anyone try the spicy one? Is the breading the spicy breading like the spicy chicken or is it just the mayo that is spicy?

I hope the breading is spicy like their normal chicken but some bitch on youtube said the spicy breading was just the normal breading, I hope she just got a fucked up sandwich. Trying one tonight, can't wait. Popeyes is my favorite fast food and the chick-fil-a spicy chicken sandwich has been my favorite single fast food item so this is like a dream come true to me.

She was right. I got one of each and I got the sauce on the side in case it sucked. They are the exact same sandwich. Popeyes does have good spicy chicken, so it’s a big disappointment that the sandwich doesn’t utilize that breading. 

Not utilizing the breading that keeps them in business... Jesus help Popeyes see the error of their ways.

I'll give one of these fake spicy sandwiches a try but I'm not a huge fan of mayo

I am gonna get my own rolls and pickles, pull their spicy bone-in chicken off the bone and make my own sandwiches soon, yep I'm going for it.

30 days ago
11/16/17
Dugs95 -

Honestly, the 99 cent McDonald’s McChicken is still my favorite one. I’m embarrassed to say that but the one time I had chic-fil-a I wasn’t impressed at all and I wanted to like it 

Chick fil bullshit is insanely overated.

Then again I think the OG chicken sammich from BK rules all.

30 days ago
7/12/06

Can't find one in my area. Tried last night and today at lunch. Sold out. ??

30 days ago
7/18/11

was gonna get one for lunch anyway!
30 days ago
12/22/10
Fan of Fanboys -
SickEye -

I think Culver’s is regional to the Midwest, if that, but their spicy chicken sandwich is the tits. 

There is one in Charlotte NC

There are 4 currently in SC and a 5th is being built, too. 

30 days ago
1/1/01
Tried to get them today. Big ole signs on the front door and drive-thru "SOLD OUT OF CHICKEN SANDWICHES"
30 days ago
5/17/08

I love chik fil a but popeyes is better. It's a true fried chicken sandwich in the sense that it's battered, crispy, juicy and big. Chik fil a is good but I never thought of it as a friend chicken sandwich...more of a chicken sandwich that happened to be fried lol.

The only thing Chik fil a has on popeyes, as others mentioned, is the spicy version.Popeyes needs a version with a spiced batter.

I also fear Popeyes will cut back on the size like they have with chicken. But for now it's great.

30 days ago
5/17/08
BJ Penn Forever -
scrapdo -
BJ Penn Forever -

Not utilizing the breading that keeps them in business... Jesus help Popeyes see the error of their ways.

I'll give one of these fake spicy sandwiches a try but I'm not a huge fan of mayo

I am gonna get my own rolls and pickles, pull their spicy bone-in chicken off the bone and make my own sandwiches soon, yep I'm going for it.

I would bet serious $$ they come out with a version with spiced batter. They'd be idiots not to after the success of this.

Hell, they could probably open some smaller "sandwich only" versions of Popeyes if they can maintain the current quality.

30 days ago
11/17/10
Yossarian -

The only Popeyes in the area are in the ghetto. No chicken sandwich is worth dealing with that. 

Was just talking to my wife sbout this

We live in an area where the closest 3 popeyes are in suburban shipping mall towns....we dont think of popeyes as "ghetto" here

Church's is ghetto, but popeyes is just popeyes

30 days ago
11/17/10

Anyone who dors bot yhin popeyes is nu6mber 1 for fried chicken is a fucking loser

12/10/09
Gullivers Travels -
BJ Penn Forever -
scrapdo -
BJ Penn Forever -

I would bet serious $$ they come out with a version with spiced batter. They'd be idiots not to after the success of this.

Hell, they could probably open some smaller "sandwich only" versions of Popeyes if they can maintain the current quality.

I'll take that bet. 1 year?

How much?

30 days ago
4/9/19

KFC in South Korea had some badass chicken sammiches.
30 days ago
5/10/08
JayMan - 

KFC in South Korea had some badass chicken sammiches.

Koreans have the best fried chicken...

30 days ago
2/22/13

Why is the Popeyes sandwich such a big deal all the sudden?  They've had them on base for months.  Huge line at the foodcourt today.

4/29/09
BJ Penn Forever -

Heard the Mayo is only spicy , still dying to try it , same chic fila spicy is a perfect t sandwich.

29 days ago
1/1/01
45 minute wait to get this sandwich today. There was a line out the door and the drive thru line snaked out to the street. They were sold out last night apparently.
29 days ago
1/1/01

I know ppl will hate on this but Jack in the box's spicy chicken sandwich is GOAT. Perfect amt of heat and meat.

29 days ago
12/8/14
itzeastman -

29 days ago
5/7/08
In Limbo -

Anyone who dors bot yhin popeyes is nu6mber 1 for fried chicken is a fucking loser

What the fuck is this post? You ok bro? Can you lift both arms?

Edited: 29 days ago
1/1/01
WTF!
I went to grab one last night and they were sold out. I was fixin to scrap with everyone and just go nuts but I took a deep breath and left without committing any felonies.
29 days ago
1/1/01

I might go see if they have it today, its only a ten minute drive.

29 days ago
12/17/06

"He got mad cuz it wasn't no more chicken sandwiches"

What the fuck? Basic fucking English lol