OtherGround Forums Whaddya do when your back is completely F'd?

6 days ago
1/1/01

I have no inversion table and we're beyond stretching. My morning and nightly stretching saved me until now. Went a little overboard on air squats Sunday before running around the beach with my little buddy. Back was a little tight Monday morning and has gotten worse through the week. I am going to use the heating pad I should've used that's first night. 

6 days ago
11/19/05

It's yoga buddy. It has helped me more then anything on earth.  I'm a power lifter, I tweak, pull and hurt my back all the time.  Yoga saved my life.  

6 days ago
9/13/14

Spinal?

6 days ago
10/31/07

Make your back stronger

/thread

6 days ago
1/1/01
NineFightFour -

Make your back stronger

/thread

When your back is completely fucked, you fucking Hodor.

6 days ago
3/31/14
Floppy Divac -
NineFightFour -

Make your back stronger

/thread

When your back is completely fucked, you fucking Hodor.

I knew a painter at work whose back was completely fucked, killed himself

6 days ago
11/21/19

Stretching and then opiods when needed.

6 days ago
8/9/16

Ride that shit out...

6 days ago
4/27/15

Stop trynna lift those women you choose to bang

6 days ago
2/24/19

I know it sounds sort of effeminate but seriously DDP yoga is a game changer. 

6 days ago
9/18/13

Stop fucking fatties idiot

6 days ago
3/14/04

You stop being a pussy and walk it off.

6 days ago
2/12/14

ice

6 days ago
1/1/01
angryinch -

Of all the people to tell someone to stop being a pussy. Lol

6 days ago
3/14/04
Floppy Divac - 
angryinch -

suck it up loretta

6 days ago
11/15/07

Sleep with a pillow under your ass if you are a back sleeper. Sleep with a pillow under stomach if you are a stomach sleeper.

6 days ago
9/23/07
Floppy Divac - 
angryinch -

This guy is a walmart worker who probably lifts everything with a team of 5 other low IQ obese people based on walmart safety guidelines.

6 days ago
3/21/07

Get an MRI. and follow up with orthapedists and PT.

6 days ago
1/1/01

In the past when the pain is mild enough I would try and walk to loosen things up. This ain't that. This is leave you bent over and off to the side type of nerve pain.

6 days ago
1/1/01
jujigatame1981 -

Get an MRI. and follow up with orthapedists and PT.

Been there done that. This too shall pass. I'm just looking for ways to get yo that point. I had to ask my lead at work to switch me to a different station today the pain got so bad. A funny joke that draws a light chuckle hurts bad type of pain.

6 days ago
5/14/08

Anal

Edited: 6 days ago
8/29/09

Don't do heat unless you need to move in the next five minutes. It seems to help, but makes it worse. Ice is your friend. Inflammation is your enemy. 

Drink lots of water. Hydration is important. 

Any time you need to move, flex your abdominal muscles so that it feels like you are expanding your rib cage. It will help stabilize your spine and take some of the strain off your injured muscles. 

To reduce chance of reagrivating, when you are reaching, or leaning over (brushing teeth, pulling milk out of fridge, etc) turn to the side and make sure one leg is bent more than the other. Put one foot up on a small stool if practical. 

Take anti inflammatories. OTC if you can't get a rx. My dr gave me diclofenac sodium, an arthritis med. Cheap, and way more effective than aleve. 

Don't fuck any women over 140 lbs. Flipping those big bitches over can wreak havoc on your back. 

Ice, ice, ice. It seems like it will make you stiff. It won't. I used to use only heat. I switch to ice and my episodes of back pain went from lasting weeks to days. 

6 days ago
12/5/17
Fighting -

It's yoga buddy. It has helped me more then anything on earth.  I'm a power lifter, I tweak, pull and hurt my back all the time.  Yoga saved my life.  

Any resources or good routines you use? I've had lower back pain persistent for the last 3-4 months for the first time ever.

6 days ago
5/9/06

I bought the DDP yoga DVD’s about 3 years ago and STILL havnt started. I’m Jealous of Passive Jay for actually doing it and getting results. I’ve gotta take the the time and commit. 

6 days ago
10/31/11

Read Dr McGills Back Mechanic. Start doing the McGill Big 3 now. Use progressive overload and work your way up slowly on these 3 exercises.