OtherGround Forums What are we eating during the apocalypse!

10 days ago
1/1/01
KingFanPaul -

I started off quarantine with a crockpot full of carnitas and that was the best decision ever. Then I made my favorite soup, Kapoon/Khao poon. It's been good eating. Some Habanero wings are up next.

Sweet that looks incredible. I roasted a chicken in the rotisserie and I'm making chicken bone broth in the crock pot. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
KingFanPaul -

That looks what I get a a local ramen place. So good! 

10 days ago
1/20/08
Mutant -
FatChrist Magic -
Mutant - 
FatChrist Magic -

You feeling better?

Unfortunately today was a rough day 

Man, I am genuinely sorry to hear that.  Tell you the truth, you are the only person I "know" who is trying to kick this thing's ass, so I was hoping you were going to say that the cookie was to celebrate how much better you are feeling.  Was today just a tough day or do you feel you are getting worse?

My lungs hurt really bad, I struggle to breathe it's like breathing through a coffee stirrer, I get do tired just Walking from room to room. I just curled into a ball today. My wife almost took me to the hospital but since I nolonger have a fever they won't take me. 

Rooting for you to get better soon! 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Mutant - 
FatChrist Magic -
Mutant - 
FatChrist Magic -

You feeling better?

Man, I am genuinely sorry to hear that.  Tell you the truth, you are the only person I "know" who is trying to kick this thing's ass, so I was hoping you were going to say that the cookie was to celebrate how much better you are feeling.  Was today just a tough day or do you feel you are getting worse?

My lungs hurt really bad, I struggle to breathe it's like breathing through a coffee stirrer, I get do tired just Walking from room to room. I just curled into a ball today. My wife almost took me to the hospital but since I nolonger have a fever they won't take me. 

Drink lots of hot tea with lemon and ginger. As hot as you can take it. At least three times a day... 1st thing in the morning, mid day, and then right before bed.  Do you have a humidifier? If so, put some salt in the water and turn it all the way up. And if you can't breath, don't try to power through... go to the hospital.

10 days ago
1/1/01

I made chili for the fam today.  It was good.  We are having it tomorrow.

10 days ago
7/24/14

My girlfriend manages at a nice steakhouse. They couldn’t just let their steaks go to waste...

getting kind of sick of steaks.

10 days ago
6/28/13
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

My girlfriend manages at a nice steakhouse. They couldn’t just let their steaks go to waste...

I accept steak shipments.

10 days ago
7/24/14
KingFanPaul -

I accept steak shipments.

No PO Boxes. 

I want the address you sleep at night. 

10 days ago
1/1/01

You humble bragging sonofa....

10 days ago
1/1/01
FatChrist Magic -
Mutant - 
FatChrist Magic -
Mutant - 
FatChrist Magic -

You feeling better?

Drink lots of hot tea with lemon and ginger. As hot as you can take it. At least three times a day... 1st thing in the morning, mid day, and then right before bed.  Do you have a humidifier? If so, put some salt in the water and turn it all the way up. And if you can't breath, don't try to power through... go to the hospital.

Good idea I'll see if I can get some real ginger. 

10 days ago
1/1/01

A lot of restaurants here are doing that giving their food away instead of letting it rot especially since most don't know if they'll be able to reopen. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
ABCTT_SENNIN -
Mutant -
FatChrist Magic -
Mutant - 
FatChrist Magic -

You feeling better?

Rooting for you to get better soon! 

Taking it day by day 

10 days ago
7/2/09
KingFanPaul -

Man that looks fucking delisheeee

10 days ago
7/2/09

Sous vide ribs, spaghetti, burgers, shrimp fried rice.  Gave up on takeout two weeks ago.   Probably best thing that's ever happened to me.

10 days ago
1/1/01

pussy. dots, not feathers.

Edited: 9 days ago
1/1/01
jgiveshead -

Sous vide ribs, spaghetti, burgers, shrimp fried rice.  Gave up on takeout two weeks ago.   Probably best thing that's ever happened to me.

Sous vide against if you we survive I may try this. 

9 days ago
1/1/01

Cooked a chicken in the rotisserie so I decided to use make a bone broth. Cut updated the bones, put it in the crock pot with a carrot, celery, onion, fresh basil, thyme, rosemary. Added 8 cups of water and put on low for 15 hours.It's absolutely delicious and ready to for the apocalypse.
6 days ago
5/14/16

pork tenderloin drizzled w blueberry hot sauce, buttered egg noodles, and air fryer brussel sprouts.
6 days ago
1/1/01

I started using my apocalypse frozen dinner stock had evol truffle mac n cheese which was surprisingly good. 

6 days ago
1/1/01

Wife made a huge chicken divan. Been eating on it for days.

6 days ago
1/30/05

6 days ago
1/30/05

Mussels with white wine and cream, plus cheeses and deli meat.

Last night was south American rub steak with roast veggies.

6 days ago
1/1/01

Rice, pinto beans and collard greens.   Vegetable soup with corn bread.

6 days ago
1/1/01

Mutant, you still with us?

6 days ago
12/23/02
Mutant -

That is fucking good. We make it here sometimes and the combination of the ice cream and hot chocolate chip cookie is incrediblem