OtherGround Forums What are you doing for workouts?

6 days ago
2/5/05
Sometimes covid-19 lets me porrada -
clattymine -

I pretty much just ride bikes at this point anyway. Just gonna keep doing that until I can’t. 

You ride out on the road or on a trainer? I pulled my trainer out and actually fixed my bike up about 2 months ago in preparation for summer so I've been riding in the garage pretty frequently doing HIIT spin shit from YouTube

I ride everything. 

I hate the trainer though I respect its efficiency. I ride it in the winter when it’s too dark or snowy. I’ll ride in the cold down to the teens. 

I ride road/gravel a bunch. I got into the dirty Kanza again this year so if it happens I’ll be there. I need crazy base mileage (hoping for 3k by the end of may) and basement training for that isn’t realistic. 

I’ve been mountain biking a little now too since the mud is drying up. 

6 days ago
10/2/12
Richardjohnson81 -

That dude can get it. 

6 days ago
8/28/10
clattymine -
clattymine -

I pretty much just ride bikes at this point anyway. Just gonna keep doing that until I can’t. 

You ride out on the road or on a trainer? I pulled my trainer out and actually fixed my bike up about 2 months ago in preparation for summer so I've been riding in the garage pretty frequently doing HIIT spin shit from YouTube

I ride everything. 

I hate the trainer though I respect its efficiency. I ride it in the winter when it’s too dark or snowy. I’ll ride in the cold down to the teens. 

I ride road/gravel a bunch. I got into the dirty Kanza again this year so if it happens I’ll be there. I need crazy base mileage (hoping for 3k by the end of may) and basement training for that isn’t realistic. 

You're crazy riding in that kind of weather! My balls would be up in my chest I can't handle it lol

6 days ago
10/20/07

I've been doing normal pushups (flat, incline, decline), pullups, raises etc...but not to level of a what I get from the gym.  I miss the heavier weights.  I do this 3 or 4 days a week

BUT I'm doing the 21 day fix, which I think is part of beach body, with my wife.  I'm only 4 days in and only using like 9 lb weights and it is kicking my ass.  I need to get some heavier weights but every place is sold out.  I'm using my wife's lol

6 days ago
12/9/13

Luckily I bought a set of bowflex adj. dumbbells after Christmas for 40% off.  They’re great.  Also have a shitty cheap bench and a bar bell set.   Been using “dumbbells”  and “barbell home workout” apps.  

Sworkit app for abs, stretching, and a little cardio.   Will start biking next week if it ever keeps rain.   Time this shit is over I’ll be in the best strength shape of my life.

oh yeah,   Jan 1 was the first time I’ve lifted in 15 years and I started a cycle of test last week too.

Gonna look great by the time we get turned loose from this thing.

6 days ago
10/4/18
Wrestling mat in my garage. Working with my 3 sons. College, High school and middle school.
6 days ago
7/5/13

I tried to buy a barbell and bumper weights. Can’t find any in the whole country. Shits crazy 

6 days ago
7/5/13
TheRoguewrestler - Wrestling mat in my garage. Working with my 3 sons. College, High school and middle school.

If you’re not in Shape, you will be real soon!

6 days ago
10/4/18
DropKick Joe - 
TheRoguewrestler - Wrestling mat in my garage. Working with my 3 sons. College, High school and middle school.

Sorry, I meant I am coaching them. Last time I rolled with my 18 year old he broke my hand.
5 days ago
2/5/05
clattymine -
clattymine -

I ride everything. 

You're crazy riding in that kind of weather! My balls would be up in my chest I can't handle it lol

When you get the right clothes, it’s not that bad.   Toughens you up, that’s for sure. I can grind out just about any single day ride in any weather now. 

5 days ago
10/22/14
Jacks Wasted Life -
Straydog24 -

I hate to even type this but I may buy a bow flex until this virus is behind us. 

What about power blocks?  If I get the urge to lift again that’s probably what I’d get.  They don’t take up a ton of space and can give you a pretty solid DB workout

Power blocks are amazing.

Please don't buy a bowflex. You will hate it, it feels awful.

Better off with a squat rack and Olympic barbell set but if you want a home gym buy a functional trainer or a pulley based one that uses real weights. 

https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/strength/strength-equipment/functional-trainers-home-gym/iron-factory-functional-trainer-2x150lb.html

https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/strength/strength-equipment/functional-trainers-home-gym/m1-gym-150-lbs.html

If you go with a home gym make sure it's pulleys and not a fixed bar and make sure it uses real weights for resistance not like the bowflex.

Preference should be free weights then pulley based home gym system, then probably try to find alternate forms of resistance training before I went to some shitty Bowflex or fixed bar home gym.

5 days ago
1/1/01
rudiger -

Lol, thats awesome!

5 days ago
10/11/18

Sex

Edited: 4 days ago
10/18/14

5 days ago
6/15/14
Kettlebells and bodyweight for me. Combined with cutting out garbage in my diet, I'm seeing a solid change in physique.

For bodyweight stuff, check this out:

https://youtu.be/vc1E5CfRfos

5 days ago
7/5/13
TheRoguewrestler -
DropKick Joe - 

Sorry, I meant I am coaching them. Last time I rolled with my 18 year old he broke my hand.

Damn, yeah probably not a good idea. 

5 days ago
8/29/09
mysteryman -

Sex

HIIT?

4 days ago
1/1/01
Bad Monkey -

I'm playing Fortnite.  Whatever place I get in a match, that's how many pushups I do.

Nice. I did 10 between each match's loading screen the other day. Had to drop it down to 5 after an hour or two. Hah

4 days ago
1/1/01

Hadn't been doing shit until the other day. Easing back into my push/pull/legs bodyweight stuff and getting in some nude sunbathing when weather and accessibility permit. Just getting back to a clean diet too. 

4 days ago
6/14/19

4 days ago
10/11/18
Bad Monkey -
mysteryman -

Sex

HIIT?

Ok ok fine, i meant with myself!  

And yeah I totally hiit that twice a day.  

4 days ago
9/9/06

Lots.of Kettlebell and HiiT workouts.

Great apps available with my favourite being "kettlebell" by fitify.