OtherGround Forums What are you doing today? 8/24/19

23 days ago
8/4/10
Zonion -

Mowing lawn. 

Liverpool vs. Arsenal. 

OG Fantasy Football draft.  

I hate yard work.. I get my buddy from down the street to do my yard the majority of the year

23 days ago
8/4/10
Lyoto Bundy -

Xbox. 

Liverpool/Arsenal game. 

Food and cinema later. 

Lazy Saturday.... 

What movie will you go see? 

Edited: 23 days ago
2/19/14
williepep -

Hoping to return a tractor I have been testing to a dealer, tell them to wrap her up I' ll take it

What tractor are you getting.

Playing on mine has become one of my favorite things to do this summer.

Just bought a Kubota bx2380, with fel, and a 55 " landpride grapple.

Fun as hell

23 days ago
2/19/14
pennviachoke -
Zonion -

Mowing lawn. 

Liverpool vs. Arsenal. 

OG Fantasy Football draft.  

I hate yard work.. I get my buddy from down the street to do my yard the majority of the year

I love doing it.

It gets old sometimes, but for the most part, it's time I can decompress, listen to some tunes or something else on Sirius and just get some me time.

23 days ago
7/24/14
pennviachoke -
EastClintwood -

Damn app.  Going to a hot air ballon festival if the rain holds off.  There’s live music, a beer tent, etc.  It should be pretty cool! 

They do a big hot air balloon race in my area every year, it just happened a couple months back.

Have fun bro

Thanks man, looking forward to it.  I’m sure the kiddos will go apeshit.  

23 days ago
2/19/14
williepep -
pennviachoke - 
williepep -

Hoping to return a tractor I have been testing to a dealer, tell them to wrap her up I' ll take it

Deere? Kubota? What are we dealing with here? 

Great question.

Kubota an old one, pretty damn old one. But I need the low heavy 4wd for mowing some very steep hills.

It is really an overbuilt mower "subcompact tractor "

What were you using to mow with?

Chances are, you could have put some 2-3" wheel spacers on it and it would have been amazingly stable. Spread those wheels out and you really lower the center of gravity.

23 days ago
7/2/07
eubie5 - 
williepep -

Fun as hell

OH wow. You have a great one. I have been looking at the BX mainly used for a while now.

This will be I think the first model BX made a BX2200 as I mentioned an old one, has about 500. hours on it. 17 years old or so. This old and still about 5k.

The land I will cut with it does not have 1 even area all super steep so mainly just need it as a mower.

I priced new BX s with just mowers and it is tempting.

Not sure if getting one this old is that smart but tempting to role the dice since I mainly just need a mower for hills.
23 days ago
7/2/07
eubie5 - 
williepep -
pennviachoke - 
williepep -

Deere? Kubota? What are we dealing with here? 

Great question.

Kubota an old one, pretty damn old one. But I need the low heavy 4wd for mowing some very steep hills.

It is really an overbuilt mower "subcompact tractor "

What were you using to mow with?

Chances are, you could have put some 2-3" wheel spacers on it and it would have been amazingly stable. Spread those wheels out and you really lower the center of gravity.

That is the thing, right before I got this land/place I bought a brand new Kubota Zero turn "Kommander Pro"

Center of gravity is fine, it just seems dicey as hell when.you start to slip.

Currently I back the zero turn down part of the hills as in reverse. Pretty scary.

If you get pointed sideways at all like trying to turn around it starts to slip, like would slide down the hill.

Then for the rest I use a Honda self propelled push mower. You have to wrestle with it on the hills and sometimes will stall oil starvation from incline so you have to balance that out as well.
23 days ago
12/15/11

Oging, 

Going to walmart with wife,

Lounging in pool,

Studying.

23 days ago
6/3/03

We adopted a kitten so picking up that little faggot about noon. 

Then I have to work tonight (going in at 6pm). Fucking sucks. 

23 days ago
7/13/17

Boise open and Justin Moore concert. 

23 days ago
7/2/07
About the mowing steep hills.

Damn BX is so heavy and feels planted. Hydrostatic transmission is very comforting. Feel like the machine is in control all the time.

IF go BX will add wheel spacers to the back.

I almost flipped the zero turn on one hill front end went straight up I did a 180 on the hill by push pulling the controls and pointed the nose back down hill. It slammed down back to the ground hard ! I was lucky.

BX climbs right up that damn hill feels like anchored to the ground.

12/18/03
pennviachoke -
MarsMan -

Buying a door hinge

Eating a burger 

Replacing door hinge

That should take 1 hour to do all that.. You being lazy on us today MM? Haha

A little more because of traffic and beca I'm getting a fancy shmancy burger but, yes, I'm in lazy mode today :) 

23 days ago
12/17/02

Attempting to Tune Up LandBeast with a mechanic buddy of mine,compression check,evaluate the damn thing....weather I stick with the 258 6 cal or go small block.

23 days ago
12/17/02

23 days ago
7/2/07
CoreNobody - 

Man I have a 97 TJ somewhat built for climbing just sitting in my yard rotting.

Used to be all the fun I had every weekend going to parks trying crazy climbs etc.

Have thought about getting rid of it.

Seeing this picture makes me think about keeping it and just getting it back in cosmetic shape, cleaned up and start using it again.

It is dark green, forrest green with black wheels. Your picture kind of makes think about a cement gray or similar.

Top is rotting on mine I believe the edges around the doors.
2/19/14
williepep -
eubie5 - 
williepep -

Fun as hell

OH wow. You have a great one. I have been looking at the BX mainly used for a while now.

This will be I think the first model BX made a BX2200 as I mentioned an old one, has about 500. hours on it. 17 years old or so. This old and still about 5k.

The land I will cut with it does not have 1 even area all super steep so mainly just need it as a mower.

I priced new BX s with just mowers and it is tempting.

Not sure if getting one this old is that smart but tempting to role the dice since I mainly just need a mower for hills.

does it have a fel? . i just sold my bx1800 with less than 700 hours on it for 4k.

you can buy a brand new bx1800, with 54" mowing deck fo $99/month. i think they list around 10k, but my dealler sold me mine for several thousand below listing price.

they are great little machines. i have a couple acres, and these little tractors have always done everything i've asked them.

zero turns always come with turf tires. you could have looked at putting a more aggressive tire on it, but you'll love the tractor. you'll want a fel. my 1st one did't have one. it's amazing the things you'll find to do with it.

23 days ago
12/18/08

Goin to the cottage and partyin with OGers

23 days ago
6/30/11

23 days ago
3/16/15

1) whacked off before getting out of bed 

2) went to the gym

3) going to the horse track with friends 

4) cookout with friends 

23 days ago
7/2/07
No FEL

I just cut the grass with again to test on hills again and to stretch it out.

If you use a walk behind self propelled 24" it takes about 4 hours of hard work.

Just finished in just under 1 hour with this thing

Still learning the ropes on these hills so being careful /slow
23 days ago
8/6/06

Enjoying the 3rd day of my 30's.

22 days ago
7/8/14

I worked this morning, told my girl I didn't want to drive to her place (30 mins away) and hang out with her and her brother and instead wanted to stay at home and hang out with some friends in town I haven't seen in a while.

She freaked out on me and went from pissed off to crying calling me telling me to make my decision. I gave in, bought a case of beer, sitting on her couch with her brother in silence, getting drunk watching Florida vs Miami college football

22 days ago
12/18/03
Otis the Drunk -

I worked this morning, told my girl I didn't want to drive to her place (30 mins away) and hang out with her and her brother and instead wanted to stay at home and hang out with some friends in town I haven't seen in a while.

She freaked out on me and went from pissed off to crying calling me telling me to make my decision. I gave in, bought a case of beer, sitting on her couch with her brother in silence, getting drunk watching Florida vs Miami college football

22 days ago
1/9/19

I have felt awful past two days....didn't sleep well at all last night because of my physical irritations!  So I did my best to turn lemons into BIG WINmonade

mostly relaxed in my chair today alternating between reading and napping.  Turkey and Stuffing with Gravy and Cranberry sauce for lunch......finally managed to get out for a stroll this evening and then it was Cherry Coke, two White Castles with side of popcorn followed by an IceCream Sundae!