OtherGround Forums What are you obsessive or weird about?

27 days ago
3/14/02
Mywife was vomittingcaiseshedu -

Air quality. I have air purifiers in living room and bedroom. I been going out in my n95 mask for at least ten years now. Before I was the weirdo with the mask, I guess I still am because it is massive compared to the other ones. I have a particulate meter to measure particles. I'm always focused on breathing in traffic, never breathe in when the light gets green or after corners which is where most people push the gas the most. I am stalling starting a family until I can move to a neighborhood with better air. You can say it's an obsession I guess.

Edit, I always know which way the wind is blowing so I know which way to sweep leaves for example. At night when there is not much wind to verify direction I sprinkle dust and check with my flashlight which way the dust moves.

damn

27 days ago
2/19/12

Nails. I fucking hate when people tap on shit with them infact thinking about it right now irks me. I also cannot listen to people clip them. I also have zero memory of ever using nail clippers myself. I dont bite mine that is kinda nasty but I pick them myself. I enjoy it.

27 days ago
4/19/17
Thrill Hammer -

Hats indoors.

I'm ok with it at sporting events and bars but anywhere else take your hat off inside.

You do realize most people wear hats because their hair is messed up, didn't want to fix hair, or lack of hair right? It has nothing to do with respect, weirdo.

27 days ago
5/12/11

I will count out the letters to the phrase "streets now" on my fingers and thumb, starting with my left thumb and work to my right pinky.  I will then do the same thing with the phrase "sweet treat" moving in the opposite direction.  I guess to make sure all my digits are accounted for.  I say the letters to the phrases mentally and wiggle the corresponding finger to each letter.  I have done this since I was probably 6 or 7 years old.  It used to be a constant thing, now maybe once a day, but who knows if I even notice when I do it anymore.  I realize this is a demon or something in my brain.

27 days ago
4/19/17

Air quality. I have air purifiers in living room and bedroom. I been going out in my n95 mask for at least ten years now. Before I was the weirdo with the mask, I guess I still am because it is massive compared to the other ones. I have a particulate meter to measure particles. I'm always focused on breathing in traffic, never breathe in when the light gets green or after corners which is where most people push the gas the most. I am stalling starting a family until I can move to a neighborhood with better air. You can say it's an obsession I guess.

Edit, I always know which way the wind is blowing so I know which way to sweep leaves for example. At night when there is not much wind to verify direction I sprinkle dust and check with my flashlight which way the dust moves.

People are just going to let this slip by? We just discovered the OG version of Howard Hugest..... Or an absolute psycho 

27 days ago
12/6/14
Siciliano di Brooklyn -

People standing too close to me. Bro, we are in an empty room, nobody around, you don't need to be 1 foot from my face.

This for me too. What in the fuck is with this? Why do people want to be so the fuck close all the god damn time? 

I'll expand on it a little bit too. Say you're walking somewhere and someone is in the way and they see you coming. They know they have to move out of the way for you to get by,  but don't to halt you to engage you forcefully. 

Bitch get the fuck out of the way. 

27 days ago
9/13/12

Stationary. Always have a decent quality pen and notebook with me, and always refuse shitty pens. I think this is due to the amount of shitty pens that broke and leaked into my school uniform as a kid/teen. 

Always bugs my girlfriend when I’m being a stationary snob but I don’t do it with any other item. 

27 days ago
3/18/14

Every person driving faster than me is a maniac. Every person driving slower than me is holding up traffic 

27 days ago
6/5/14

Dishwasher stacking.  I am totally unorganized in every other aspect of my life but people not stacking the dishwasher efficiently drives me bonkers 

27 days ago
1/9/02

cooking

my way or get the fuck out of the kitchen

i have refined tastes

27 days ago
1/9/02
Lights Out Lurker -
Thrill Hammer -

Hats indoors.

I'm ok with it at sporting events and bars but anywhere else take your hat off inside.

You do realize most people wear hats because their hair is messed up, didn't want to fix hair, or lack of hair right? It has nothing to do with respect, weirdo.

i just assume theyre bald and embarrassed about it

27 days ago
1/12/07

onions and Q.

Edited: 27 days ago
12/6/14
gregbrady -
Lights Out Lurker -
Thrill Hammer -

Hats indoors.

i just assume theyre bald and embarrassed about it

I've been wearing some hats recently because I haven't went and got a haircut. It bugs the hell outta my ears and feels better with a hat on. Yeah I know I'm stupid. 

27 days ago
10/27/19

Textures of shirts and other things. If I even feel anything remotely close to pilling on sheets or a blanket I can never use that thing again. 

27 days ago
6/26/17

Heights 

I was a telecom lineman for a few years. I joined because I had phobia of heights for the challenge. Hundreds of feet up on an ice cold tower 6 feet wide, northern Ontario, Climbing poles all day with spurs.

I had to quit, became a great climber though, and faced the fear, but.... i still get nightmares of falling off those heights. 

Heights fuck me up

Amazing fucking stories though lol. Maniacs in that trade

27 days ago
7/20/08

Weird.  I'm convinced I'm driving uphill when traveling North and downhill when driving South.  It just has to be true.

27 days ago
9/30/09

...you’re not weirded out... u have OCD. 

I think we deserve an entire thread of your masks, air purifiers and particle readers. 

27 days ago
7/5/14

I have to eat my plate of food proportionally . So , if I'm eating chicken parmigiana with a side of spaghetti and mixed vegetables,  the last mouthful must be the last piece of chicken,  the last twirl of noodles and one of each of the pieces of the mixed veggies. 

27 days ago
5/1/14
Lights Out Lurker -
Thrill Hammer -

Hats indoors.

Hey, the title says, "what are you weird about?"

27 days ago
11/17/10

i HATE hearing my cell phone, or any other person's cell phone ringing

no matter what ringtone, i just get stressed out whenever a cell phone is ringing

27 days ago
3/19/04
ShanTheMan - 

Doesnt have to be a big thing. I get obsessive over my ice in my ice chest remaining cold as fuck. I sometimes freeze half the waters to keep things even colder. So what do you fags get weird about?

What are you doing to the waters?

27 days ago
11/28/03

i am very carefull to wipe every bit of turd from my arse

26 days ago
9/18/12
thekev1130 -

I will count out the letters to the phrase "streets now" on my fingers and thumb, starting with my left thumb and work to my right pinky.  I will then do the same thing with the phrase "sweet treat" moving in the opposite direction.  I guess to make sure all my digits are accounted for.  I say the letters to the phrases mentally and wiggle the corresponding finger to each letter.  I have done this since I was probably 6 or 7 years old.  It used to be a constant thing, now maybe once a day, but who knows if I even notice when I do it anymore.  I realize this is a demon or something in my brain.

Lol wut 

26 days ago
5/13/11

Drying my hands 100% 

26 days ago
1/1/01

Watching Justified.