OtherGround Forums What do you think is biggest problem with the OG?

6 days ago
12/10/18
TheHawker -

All message boards are dead or dying.  Social media has killed them.  It's a testament to the strength and popularity of the site that this one is even doing this well.

Reddit is dying? 

6 days ago
5/12/03

This past two weeks we've been hit by a new wave of trolls and shit posters. 

Please do something about this. 

6 days ago
4/20/17

Can we get a HoneyGlazedJinx filter please? Every other fucking thread is this guys race oriented shit posts. Blocking him doesn't do shit.

6 days ago
2/8/08
FFS.

Just read the threads here and you can figure out yourself whats wrong.
6 days ago
1/1/01
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME - FFS.

Just read the threads here and you can figure out yourself whats wrong.

^^^^ This exactly and everyone knows who is making the stupid fucking threads.
6 days ago
12/8/14

App is crashing about 50% of the time when I try to open a new thread. Great new feature they’ve added. 

5 days ago
7/15/11
OJTT-RayRay -

App is crashing about 50% of the time when I try to open a new thread. Great new feature they’ve added. 

Mine too. Annoying AF!

5 days ago
1/1/01
Matrix -
OJTT-RayRay -

Mine too. Annoying AF!

Mine third. You open a thread on the app and it fucking reloads and bumps you out! Awesome new feature! 

5 days ago
1/22/19
Nitecrawler -
Come Honor Face -
Hocky -

Everything being racial or political is pretty annoying.

You could have a thread about Russell Westbrook having another triple double and some asshole will say something stupid like “It’s the white man’s fault” or “It’s Trump’s fault.”

The sad part is that in their minds they think they are being clever and original, while there are twenty other idiots saying the same old thing in other random threads.

Yep. Politics and Racial shit. Pretty much why I hardly find myself on the OG these days. 

While there is an over abundance of political threads on the OG I do believe that is a sign of the times as Trump and politics rule the 24 hour news cycle on most days. However, the OG always had a lot of political infighting but the threads were offset by members posting other interesting content. So while I don’t think anything can really be done about all the political shit, short of just moving everything that is slightly political to the politicsground but that comes with other challenges, I do believe we can all make a concerted effort to post more topics that are not political so we are not bogged down by all the politics. 

As far as the racial shit, I think mods are pretty quick to ice people when they cross the line. While I’m not excusing anything racial on the og I think it’s important to remember that race is a hot button issue right now and just discussing race in and of itself does not necessarily equate to a statement being “Racist” per se. 

Yep.  This western world has long been a political powder keg waiting to pop off, but with Trump, Brexit, nationalism increase because all the wars and immigration, failed economies, corrupt banksters, the internet, etc, it became inevitable that it would bleed in to every day life.  Sports was suppossed to be a refuge, but now it is everywhere, teams refusing to meet the POTUS, other's kneeling for the anthem and guys like Colby going full M.A.G.A.  The silver lining is no progress can be made without fconflict and then communicating.  What scares me tho is the vessel for communication (silicone valley, net, social media) is becoming increasingly authoritarian, thus forcing moderates to become more radical, and I do not anticipate things becoming better soon.  If Trump even loses 2020, I dont think things will get better there like many think - if anything, Obama was the precursor and just pissed off half the country.  I just hope DNC picks a crossover candidate that can heal, like Tulsi or Yang, rather than forcing a Biden, Pete or Harris.

5 days ago
4/26/13

5 days ago
7/4/13
ImNotSurprisedDonks - 
Nitecrawler -
Come Honor Face -
Hocky -

Everything being racial or political is pretty annoying.

You could have a thread about Russell Westbrook having another triple double and some asshole will say something stupid like “It’s the white man’s fault” or “It’s Trump’s fault.”

The sad part is that in their minds they think they are being clever and original, while there are twenty other idiots saying the same old thing in other random threads.

Yep. Politics and Racial shit. Pretty much why I hardly find myself on the OG these days. 

While there is an over abundance of political threads on the OG I do believe that is a sign of the times as Trump and politics rule the 24 hour news cycle on most days. However, the OG always had a lot of political infighting but the threads were offset by members posting other interesting content. So while I don’t think anything can really be done about all the political shit, short of just moving everything that is slightly political to the politicsground but that comes with other challenges, I do believe we can all make a concerted effort to post more topics that are not political so we are not bogged down by all the politics. 

As far as the racial shit, I think mods are pretty quick to ice people when they cross the line. While I’m not excusing anything racial on the og I think it’s important to remember that race is a hot button issue right now and just discussing race in and of itself does not necessarily equate to a statement being “Racist” per se. 

Yep.  This western world has long been a political powder keg waiting to pop off, but with Trump, Brexit, nationalism increase because all the wars and immigration, failed economies, corrupt banksters, the internet, etc, it became inevitable that it would bleed in to every day life.  Sports was suppossed to be a refuge, but now it is everywhere, teams refusing to meet the POTUS, other's kneeling for the anthem and guys like Colby going full M.A.G.A.  The silver lining is no progress can be made without fconflict and then communicating.  What scares me tho is the vessel for communication (silicone valley, net, social media) is becoming increasingly authoritarian, thus forcing moderates to become more radical, and I do not anticipate things becoming better soon.  If Trump even loses 2020, I dont think things will get better there like many think - if anything, Obama was the precursor and just pissed off half the country.  I just hope DNC picks a crossover candidate that can heal, like Tulsi or Yang, rather than forcing a Biden, Pete or Harris.

Of course political developments have an impact on everyday life. But never be so arrogant to tie it to your past beliefs. It's a complex world, and nobody gets the full picture.

"What scares me tho is the vessel for communication (silicone valley, net, social media) is becoming increasingly authoritarian, thus forcing moderates to become more radical."

It's not authoritarian. It's actually how liberal social media is, which allows authoritarian regimes to attack it. And there is nothing to force moderates to become radical, other than foolishness. Same as before.

And zooming back out to the topic thread, I am becoming convinced what we see here is a sign of the times.

@ImNotSurprisedDonks if you want to reply please do it on a new thread, and I will reply to anything political there.

5 days ago
12/1/12
densefog -

Can we get a HoneyGlazedJinx filter please? Every other fucking thread is this guys race oriented shit posts. Blocking him doesn't do shit.

Looks like he got banned finally, since all of his threads are gone. 

Finally some progress. 

5 days ago
12/22/10
JuicedBeast -
densefog -

Finally some progress. 

Why do you hate fun, juicybreasts? 

Do you hate jinx because he's some kind of brown? 

Maybe autistic shitposting is a part of his culture? 

5 days ago
12/15/00

Got an alert that the site had Trojan IotBotnet when I tried to access via chrome today 

5 days ago
4/20/17

"Maybe autistic shitposting is a part of his culture"

lol BOOM

4 days ago
1/1/01
JuicedBeast - 
densefog -

Finally some progress. 

Best news of the month so far!

4 days ago
8/13/19

Banning lifetime contributers with no recourse 

4 days ago
4/27/15
Admiral AckFurious -

Now i have to go back and look to see who was recently banned to figure out who you are

3 days ago
12/22/10
Black Dougie -
Admiral AckFurious -

Now i have to go back and look to see who was recently banned to figure out who you are

It's probably Jack Furious or whatever his SN was. 

3 days ago
12/1/12
Admiral AckFurious -

You mean banning you for being a drug addicted piece of shit? I feels it was just. 

Knew you’d be back Jack Furious...

3 days ago
11/18/11
Nitecrawler -

Gentleman, we have a problem; the OG is dying. 

Years ago, you could hardly keep up with the amount of great threads that were created in rapid succession, day and night on the OG. Now I see the same threads day after day with little to no movement/replies and it really is shocking how far the OG has fallen. 

So, how do we fix this and make the OG great again? Well, the first step to solving an issue is identifying it, so what do you think is the biggest problem the OG is facing? This will be a great thread to enumerate the most pressing issues the forum is facing and will be a great way for Kirik and top men to take a cold, hard look at the biggest problems facing this place from a customer perspective. 

So, what do you guys think is the biggest issue with the OG?

Too many trolls? Too many technical issues/ads? Lack of accountability for members/not enough mods taking action? App functionality? 

Cmon, OG, let’s lay it all out there so we can resuscitate the OG!!!

MMA itself is dying and along with all of the various websites and forums, big and small. Sadly, there is no escaping this.

Maybe change the name of the site and start covering a sport that is not dying on the front page like ,say, hockey?

3 days ago
8/28/10
Megatherium -
Nitecrawler -

Years ago, you could hardly keep up with the amount of great threads that were created in rapid succession, day and night on the OG. Now I see the same threads day after day with little to no movement/replies and it really is shocking how far the OG has fallen. 

So, how do we fix this and make the OG great again? Well, the first step to solving an issue is identifying it, so what do you think is the biggest problem the OG is facing? This will be a great thread to enumerate the most pressing issues the forum is facing and will be a great way for Kirik and top men to take a cold, hard look at the biggest problems facing this place from a customer perspective. 

Too many trolls? Too many technical issues/ads? Lack of accountability for members/not enough mods taking action? App functionality? 

MMA itself is dying and along with all of the various websites and forums, big and small. Sadly, there is no escaping this.

Maybe change the name of the site and start covering a sport that is not dying on the front page like ,say, hockey?

Lol no one watches hockey but Canadians and fags from other countries not Canadia

3 days ago
12/15/13
Megatherium -
Nitecrawler -

Pretty much this and everything about this site is out of date. I dont even hate the app that much but this site is useless for information outside of the forums

3 days ago
1/13/11

I can’t express how much I love the page lock and freeze. I have to force close the app and reopen every 3rd or 4th thread because they just stop and freeze. It’s actually a new and fun wrinkle! Yay app!

3 days ago
12/1/12
mglaw -
JuicedBeast - 
densefog -

Finally some progress. 

Best news of the month so far!

Unfortunately he just posted a few minutes ago. The happiness was short lived...great job top men!